Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What percentage of you all smoke cig's?

Quote Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
    About 3 months ago, I was too lazy to walk 30 feet inside the store where I was fueling up and buy a pack, quit right then.

freakin hilarious.

don't believe I've ever smoked a whole cigarette. don't plan on it.
    what about you BPP?
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

I smoked for a few years in high school. Then decided it was stupid and smoking didn't make me "cool". So I quit. Haven't had one for like 4 years and don't ever plan to again.
    Personally, I don't understand how some people are "seasonal" or occasional smokers. Like my roomate always smokes in the summer. I think its dumb.

I think BPP has had some limited success at quitting cigarettes...

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    I think BPP has had some limited success at quitting cigarettes...

never had to quit...never started....but you might have known that....

i didn't think the first one was there....did you know i've never had a cigarette??

I have had two puffs in my LIFE.

First was a Malboro light I think....blah...thought to myself...WTF why would anyone ever...

Second was a menthol....Benson and Hedges....thought...not too bad...but also realized...I don't want THAT in my lungs.

Never EVER had another puff.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    never had to quit...never started....but you might have known that....

i didn't think the first one was there....did you know i've never had a cigarette??
    Geez -- I never knew that. Why didn't you say something????

I had 1 puff of a Marlboro Menthol once, never again.

Quit cigarettes in '92. Haven't touched them since. I was concerned that smoking cigars would "trigger" cigarette cravings. Hasn't happened. I think I look too much forward to having a cigar to want to fuck it up with a cigarette.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

I am about nicotine equality. I sometimes smoke cigerettes when i have no cigars, partying or if I am offered. I tend to stick to cigars and Nakhila. I tried dipping once coming back from a shooting range in my friend's beat up old mini van... worst ride of my life keeping the vomit in.
    Jia Li
    1345 Washtenaw Ave
    Ann Arbor, MI

10. Default

No cigarettes for me.

john51277 Guest

I smoked a pack a day for about 10 years, then quit. I will have a few when I'm hammered. They taste like crap when I'm sober, especially since I've started smoking cigars regularly!!

bigsmoke Guest

There is a more refined air about smoking cigars than cigarettes. On of the last cigarettes I had about two years ago was about six months after I started smoking cigars. Like a lot of you commented, cigarettes taste like shit and I think that feeling is amplified after becoming a cigar smoker. Just my thoughts. Talk to you all later.

Blog Entries

I tried to inhale them but never could (thankfully). I hate the damn things.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    I'd have the rare butt while out drinking in college but haven't touched them in years.
    damn, must have been quite a drinking session to turn to butts. Was it an all boys college or what?

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

I smoked for 10 years, about a pack a day. Quit cold turkey 2 years ago and after a few months of success I bought a cigar as celebration... The rest is history.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

If hell arrives on Earth, it will be the I-10.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    damn, must have been quite a drinking session to turn to butts. Was it an all boys college or what?

-W.
    A good book, a cigar, and a nice tall glass of STFU.

17. Default

I smoked 1 1/2 to 2 packs a day for about 16 years. I had been thinking of quitting when one day my son told me he wanted me to quit so I did not die, he was 8 at the time. How could I ignore that. Also at the same time my son came to me with that, where I work they had a contest for everyone who quit smoking by Christmas '04 they would give us $500, it was a win win all the way around.

I can proudly say that I have been cigarette free for over 2 years now despite the fact that my wife still to this day continues to smoke around me!!!!

I must say that that was the best decision I have ever made in my lify. I feel SOOOOO much better now. Gone is the chronic coughing and illnesses.

I just started smoking sticks about 6 months ago. I only smoke them outside and away from my son. I must admit that I do enjoy a good stick, a Killian's beer or pretty much anything Sam Adams and a book out on the back porch.

I'm afraid I have to retract what I said. I forgot that when I am on cruise ships, and I am in the bar, and I start drinking, well, if they won't let me smoke cigars in there, I buy and smoke Marlboros. But that was before I started smoking cigars, i don't think I'll ever smoke cigs again.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Thread Information