While reorginizing and digging into my less frequented humi, I came across a few, few months old Nestor Maduro. I've always these at the back of my humi, and back of my mind, while I am building my nicotine tolerance. It was all I could to wait on trying a maduro, after I passed out on my first full body cigar. (I was drinking also, and lifted weights imediately afterwards - I was asking for it) I am mostly a mild cigar man, but I figured it was time to try and break the habit.

Firstly, the construction of the Nestor was beautiful. Dark(dark!), pressed torpedo shape. With a bit of careless punching, the wrapper did unfortunately splitted. Careless or not, I've also read other reports of the fragile nature of this wrapper. The flavor was...elusive. Maybe complex? Or just my palate not up to the task of descripting this stick. I shall try none the less. Toasty with cedar notes, nutty with creamy/buttery aftetaste. With a bit more digging, I even found some earthy chocolate undertone. They all complimanted each other to create a good, smooth taste; nothing stood out over the other. As the second third begans, more cocoa earthiness came out, as well as a little spice. As this point, the burn uneven itself out, and I managed a touch up. After this burn issue, the ash did manage hold out quite well. Around the last third, another touch up was needed. The cigar built up a bit on the last third also, a bit stronger I thought.

As to the strength of the cigar...I will have to guess. My only comparison is that, it is somewhere between Vegas Gold and CAO Black.

Final thought: A great, clean, smooth medium(?) cigar with a nice flavor. The burn issue is a bother, but a touchup or two is no more then a feeble nuisance. And, for about $2 a stick (I got it on cbid for even less), these are just great value. It won't make anybody's top 10, and when I've experienced more cigars, it'll propably be dropped from mine. But I will have a bundle sitting in the bottom of my humi, just in case I'm wrong.