Thread: Scuba

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Scuba

Anyone here scuba dive? Sarah and I are going through the class at the beginning of May.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

john51277 Guest

Have been certified since 93' It is a whole new world. It is the best thing I did. Once you get certified go on a nice dive trip. Akumal Mexico is awesome. The palancar reef is the second largest, and there are alot of "current" dive as well as wreck dives. Watch out for fire coral though. Good luck.

John

I've been once, it was awsome. I wanna get my certificate soon though.

Blog Entries

I've been since 01

dove a few times not certified with NOX yet...its fun worth the efforts
    Jia Li
    1345 Washtenaw Ave
    Ann Arbor, MI

been since '98. I love it and want to get certified to be a Dive Master or Instructor so I could teach it. Good retirement plans. Night diving is amazing.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    Anyone here scuba dive? Sarah and I are going through the class at the beginning of May.
    Been diving since I was 16 (1989). Finally talked the wife into getting certified in '98. We moved to FL so we could dive more...then we started having kids and that cut my dive time waaay back.

P.S. - I guess it's not proper 'netiquette to make a post before an introduction...I'll get around to that later today.

Quote Originally Posted by SandPiper View Post
    Been diving since I was 16 (1989). Finally talked the wife into getting certified in '98. We moved to FL so we could dive more...then we started having kids and that cut my dive time waaay back.

P.S. - I guess it's not proper 'netiquette to make a post before an introduction...I'll get around to that later today.
    You got that right! LOL

Aren't you on the new site that just started in tampa? tapsclub.com or something like that? Your name looks familiar

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    You got that right! LOL

Aren't you on the new site that just started in tampa? tapsclub.com or something like that? Your name looks familiar
    Yep. It's tapsclub.org (Tampa Area Pipe Smokers)...I also smoke/collect pipes. I'm just recently returning to cigars a little more. I was basically a cigar kinda guy until a few years ago, when I switched to pipes. I have still had the occasional cigar because several of the guys I hang out with are predominantly cigar smokers. In any event, I still love my pipes, but wanted to focus on cigars for a while...the pipe and pipe tobacco stashes are in good shape. I'll put up a pic of my tobacco cellar some time. If you're not familiar with pipes at all, don't think fruity, sweet aromatics. The natural (non-flavored) english/virginia blends are more akin (albeit different) to cigar smoking, and age beautifully in the tin. So, I've accumulated a few decades worth. Since this has pretty much turned into an intro, just a couple more details. I'm originally from East TN, but now live in Central FL (about 40 miles N of Tampa/St. Pete). I travel the state for work, from Florida City to well out into the panhandle. As I mentioned above, I've been mostly out of the cigar world for several years, so I'm at ground zero newbie-hood. That'll hopefully change by gleaning the info around here.

Thread Information