Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For trade: Fiver of Padron 4000 Maduros

Default For trade: Fiver of Padron 4000 Maduros

I've got a fiver (maybe two) of Padrom 4000 maduros (6.5x54). Looking to trade for a pack of Puros Indios Maxima Reserva (prefer robustos or toros). If you're established as a trader here, I'm willing to send first.

Also might be interested in RP Fusion, Guhrka Regent, & Oliva Master

2. Default

So...I guess you're not gonna try to make your deal with the vendor you mistakenly got the Padrons from right. I doubt anybody here will take you up on your offer.

I for one think you are a first rate asshat for doing this.

Wow - way to overreact in two threads to something that has absolutly nothing to do with you. Care to follow me around in any other of my posts? I could PM you when I post to any new thread so you can continue to insult me.

Blog Entries

aces, I'd suggest that you NOT antagonize cigarsarge, he's a highly respected member of this board.

Just a suggestion.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

See, this is where I start to scratch my head. Because he's been here so long, he's allowed to take pot shots and anyone who hasn't been here as long is simply supposed to bend over, thank him, and request another?

I haven't called him a name. I haven't made snap judgements about his character based on a few lines of text. I haven't followed him from one thread to another. Ask him if he can say the same of me on any of those counts.

I agree that on the politics of ANY board, tenure is a big deal. But it's not the only deal. Having been around longer does not automatically put someone in the right.

Quote Originally Posted by aceswired View Post
    ...Having been around longer does not automatically put someone in the right.
    No, in this case being right puts him in the right.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

If hell arrives on Earth, it will be the I-10.

You still don't get it. If I were you I would just take a step back, apologize in your posts, and just move on.
    A good book, a cigar, and a nice tall glass of STFU.

Blog Entries

See, this is where I start to scratch my head. Because he's been here so long, he's allowed to take pot shots and anyone who hasn't been here as long is simply supposed to bend over, thank him, and request another?

I haven't called him a name. I haven't made snap judgements about his character based on a few lines of text. I haven't followed him from one thread to another. Ask him if he can say the same of me on any of those counts.

I agree that on the politics of ANY board, tenure is a big deal. But it's not the only deal. Having been around longer does not automatically put someone in the right.
    Well, I haven't been around much lately but all I know is cigarsarge is a top shelf guy here and you must have done something to piss him off because he just doesn't take "pot shots" at people for no good reason. Now me on the other hand, I can be a real pain in the ass when mildy provoked but cigarsarge is a better person than me.

Again, you really ought to try and mend fences here instead.

Like I said before, just a suggestion........
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

No, I understand what you're saying. But ask yourself if his reply to my post seemed appropriate to you (pretend for a moment that you're not giving either of us the benefit of the doubt). If so, then that's your call. But it's a legitamite question.

Bear in mind that he's calling me untrustworthy, despite the fact that I've offered to send first. Does that seem justified?

I've got a fiver (maybe two) of Padrom 4000 maduros (6.5x54). Looking to trade for a pack of Puros Indios Maxima Reserva (prefer robustos or toros). If you're established as a trader here, I'm willing to send first.

Also might be interested in RP Fusion, Guhrka Regent, & Oliva Master
    Not cool dude, if you would have handled your business with TNT first, then I'm quite sure you would get some takers. You've hadled this whole situation completely wrong form the start.

Baiting cigarsarge is not going to help you're campaign either. He's one of the most level-headed dudes on here. Take your lumps now and learn from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan C. View Post
    You still don't get it. If I were you I would just take a step back, apologize in your posts, and just move on.
    Alan, please explain exactly to whom I owe an apology and why. Ideally, use quotes from either this thread or the one in the Cigar forum. Bear in mind that I haven't launched so much as a single personal attack, despite some rather inflammatory insults cast in my direction.

It's one thing to disagree with someone on an issue. Another entirely to go personal unprovoked.

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    Baiting cigarsarge is not going to help you're campaign either.
    Just out of morbid curiosoty, could you explain how I "baited" him? By responding when he called me a name, unprovoked?

Just out of morbid curiosoty, could you explain how I "baited" him? By responding when he called me a name, unprovoked?
    Sure, no problem...

Care to follow me around in any other of my posts? I could PM you when I post to any new thread so you can continue to insult me.
    I called that baiting, CC called it antagonizing. Either way it's not a wise approach.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    I for one think you are a first rate asshat for doing this.

If this is what your panties are in a wad about, get over it. You are acting like an asshat for pulling this shit.

Well the first thing here is you mentioned that you got these cigars out of a mess up from a business. Now imagine you are that business, you just took advantage of their mistake and cost them money. I would be in total agreement with you had you said in your first post, this thread, that you had contacted TNT and they had told you that they did in fact send you the Padrons as a replacement because they were out of Puros Indios, or that they had indeed made a mistake but hey keep the sticks anyway, you did not do this. Calling and being honest with the company would have been the classy thing to do and would have shown the guys here that you were indeed trustworthy, you were actually given this advice by members who have been here awhile and actually know a thing or two about being a stand-up individual. Not following the advice that was given shows that you are more than willing to take advantage of someone elses mistake just to get a bit ahead, would you take advantage of the guys here as well?
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by prophetic_joe View Post
    Not following the advice that was given shows that you are more than willing to take advantage of someone elses mistake just to get a bit ahead, would you take advantage of the guys here as well?
    Let's just assume everything you said was true. I'm not ready to grant it all, but for the sake of simplifying the argument and restraining it to what's pertinant in THIS thread ...

How, precisely, was I going to "take advantage of the guys here" when I offered to send first? I mean really - read my post. Straight out, I offer to send first, and then a member comes in, unprovoked, calling me names and announcing that I'm not trustworthy.

I'm trying to follow this logically, rather than emotionally. The implication is that I'm going to cheat someone in this trade. How so when I'm sending first? Walk me through that, because I'm not seeing it.

Don't answer that - I've decided that of the cigar boards I read and post to, this is the one I enjoy the least. I'm out.

Don't answer that - I've decided that of the cigar boards I read and post to, this is the one I enjoy the least. I'm out.
    No one said you were going to cheat someone from this board in this particular instance, what is being said is that knowing it is possible that a mistake was made by TNT and that you decided to try to profit from that or use that to your advantage shows a little bit of your character, and the question then comes up about whether or not you would try to take advantage of one of the members here if the opportunity arose.

With that said, goodbye to you and may you find a cigar forum more suited to your needs and personality.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

It really doesn't matter where you post, acey-doosey. The rest of the boards that do not have standup members like Sarge don't really matter. "Ya get what ya pay for" - know what I mean???
    Last edited by ggiese; 03-17-2007 at 08:59 AM.

19. Default

You are a classless prick...Good bye.

Blog Entries

A person’s character is one of the most important measures that can be used to judge a BOTL online. We don't know a lot about each other, the only way we can establish trust is to gauge how a person is going to react to certain situations. We trade, pass, even give expensive cigars on a regular basis around here.

This isn't the first time someone comes here and said "a retailer made a mistake, what do I do?". But in your case it seemed more like you were bragging about it then wanting to do the right thing.

You don't need to apologize to us; you need to do the right thing. Karma's a bitch.
    Last edited by hex1848; 03-17-2007 at 09:07 AM.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Thread Information