View Poll Results: Did you know what SFG75 was talking about?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I knew that SFG75's review was on the Gold line.

7 35.00%
  • No, I thought it was on the Silver line.

0 0%
  • I had no idea which he was talking about.

7 35.00%
  • I don't care which he was talking about.

6 30.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did you know if it was Gold or Silver?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    I dropped Cigar International an email suggesting they correct their mistake.
    its not a mistake. i'm sure they did it on purpose. its not like they are confusing anyone by adding additional information.

SFG75 Guest

In this month's catalog, they do not mention "gold," though in all fairness, they did in the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114
    I don't believe they made a mistake..... they are just making a clear difference between the 2 cigars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    its not a mistake. i'm sure they did it on purpose. its not like they are confusing anyone by adding additional information.
    I think they're confusing people. There is no Exodus 1959 Gold line. They label the Exodus 1959 as such. It's used as proof on a forum argument. We convince them to retract the article. No Torano was ever flushed down the toilet to make a prisoner talk. Torano smokers the world over stop the riots. We live in peace for all eternity. The End.

Here I was hoping that Torano had launched a new line of cigars. Alas, 'twas not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    I'm not crying I'm stating an opinion. to reconcile the voting discrepancy, I state for the record...don't know...don't care...the drama drowned out whatever usefulness was contained in the thread to begin with..........

this to me falls once again into the realm of "got the point....move on...."

once again, my opinion.....no doubt an unpopular one with you and george...so please don't point out what an a$$hole I am for saying so....we have been through it all before.

Thanks.

How the hell did I get dragged into your post? I didn't say anything other than my opinion - just like you did.. How does that make it unpopular with "george and CC"??? There were three others that also voted they had no idea what SFG was talking about.

BTW Scotty - I don't get how you have a victory from this thread. I wouldn't view this vote count as anything other than a neutral response - 5 yes, 5 no, 5 don't care. Where is your landslide?

And I agree with several posts about the use of "gold" and "silver" in the descriptions. I recently had a "silver" exodus, and really enjoyed it. If I were to post a review, I would make that distinction to others so there wouldn't be any confusion about which cigar I was smoking. I wouldn't have thought it was that much better than the gold. There is definitely a difference between the two...

Now, through this thread, the ones participating and viewing it know there is a "Torano Exodus 1959" (the gold band) and the "Torano Exodus 1959 Silver". I knew the two existed, but was not familiar with the formal naming of the cigars by the Torano family. I do now....
    Last edited by ggiese; 05-18-2005 at 03:58 PM.

I think they're confusing people. There is no Exodus 1959 Gold line. They label the Exodus 1959 as such. It's used as proof on a forum argument. We convince them to retract the article. No Torano was ever flushed down the toilet to make a prisoner talk. Torano smokers the world over stop the riots. We live in peace for all eternity. The End.

Here I was hoping that Torano had launched a new line of cigars. Alas, 'twas not to be.

Hey - Newsweek retracted that article!!! Now we gotta start from scratch!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    Hey - Newsweek retracted that article!!! Now we gotta start from scratch!!!!
    Not to threadjack this, but can you believe Newsweek? People are being killed over that article and they're like, "Oops, sorry. Our story may not be entirely true." They seriously need to be held accountable for their actions.

Not to threadjack this, but can you believe Newsweek? People are being killed over that article and they're like, "Oops, sorry. Our story may not be entirely true." They seriously need to be held accountable for their actions.

At Newsweek's expense, I say we send Newsweek magazines over to the Arab countries and permit them to rip out the pages and flush them down the toilet!!!

Blog Entries

I'm not crying I'm stating an opinion. to reconcile the voting discrepancy, I state for the record...don't know...don't care...the drama drowned out whatever usefulness was contained in the thread to begin with..........

this to me falls once again into the realm of "got the point....move on...."

once again, my opinion.....no doubt an unpopular one with you and george...so please don't point out what an a$$hole I am for saying so....we have been through it all before.

Thanks.
    Yes you stated your opinion AND you certainly were "crying" You whined and this is exactly what you said:
    I had no idea and i think this is just another reason for certain members to argue based on past grudges rather than the real issue at hand.
    So once you stop whining and crying, I'll stop posting replies like this to your whining

At Newsweek's expense, I say we send Newsweek magazines over to the Arab countries and permit them to rip out the pages and flush them down the toilet!!!
    It might build some good will since it'd probably be a step up from what they wipe with right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Yes you stated your opinion AND you certainly were "crying" You whined and this is exactly what you said:

So once you stop whining and crying, I'll stop posting replies like this to your whining

wonk wonk wonk

Blog Entries

wonk wonk wonk
    STOP IT, STOP IT NOW!! I insist!!

No, we MUST have a clear answer in the poll!!! 6/6/6 is not a good number!!!

Ha, this poll is the devil!

Blog Entries

*must resist thread lock temptation*
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    *must resist thread lock temptation*
    Oh, you can't lock it now, boss - or you will be forever marked with the symbol of the beast!!!

ooooohhhhh......creeeeeeeeepy!

Oh, you can't lock it now, boss - or you will be forever marked with the symbol of the beast!!!
    nah, if he doesn't lock it, then someone else might vote and ruin its evilness.

4717 Clarendon Av. Fort Smith, Arkansas 72904

You Know all this drama could have been solved by one simple Suggestion. Take a pictuer of every cigar you smoke and want to write a review about with the band, labels and box. Then post it with the revue, situation solved.

Jim
    Jim

"If Guns Cause Crime, All Mine Are Defective." -- Ted Nugent

"Sure I have a permit. it's called the Second Amendment." -- Ted Nugent

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

We already threw out all the undeseriable from our country, We sent'em back to England. -- Thomas Quigley (Tom Selleck - Quigley down Under)

Quote Originally Posted by razrbakcrzy
    You Know all this drama could have been solved by one simple Suggestion. Take a pictuer of every cigar you smoke and want to write a review about with the band, labels and box. Then post it with the revue, situation solved.

Jim

There ya go!!! Post the pictuer with that revue!!! Simply brilliant!!!

Why didn't I think of that....

Thread Information