Thread: Turkey Hunt

Default Turkey Hunt

Well Guys I just wanted to let you know I had a succesful day turkey hunting yesterday March 17, 2007 I got up at 3 a.m. left the house at 4:15 and at 7:13 a.m. I had a dead gobbler on the ground Any Ideas on what I need to smoke to celebrate

GO AHEAD PUNK MAKE MY DAY

awesome, i saw 2 turkeys yesterday and thought about you.

as far as the smoke goes, have you ever had a CAO Soprano?
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Something comfortable to hold between your teeth because you'll need two hands to clean the feathers off that bird.

Nice bird.

Congrats.

john51277 Guest

Nice gobbler brother. Very nice kill!

5. Default

I think you should smoke that turkey. Seriously...Smoke something special. Turkey hunting is difficult. Those birds are smarter than they look.

We have an abundant supply of turkeys in Tennessee. I see flocks of thirty or more on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    awesome, i saw 2 turkeys yesterday and thought about you.

as far as the smoke goes, have you ever had a CAO Soprano?
    Chris I have never had a CAO Soprano which one would you recommend
    GO AHEAD PUNK MAKE MY DAY

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TheNakedGun View Post
    Well Guys I just wanted to let you know I had a succesful day turkey hunting yesterday March 17, 2007 I got up at 3 a.m. left the house at 4:15 and at 7:13 a.m. I had a dead gobbler on the ground Any Ideas on what I need to smoke to celebrate

That is fantastic!!!!! Can't wait to get out myself. I've had smoked turkey and it's awesome. Nice bird you get a weight, beard and spur length on him?
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

That is awesome man. Good to hear you were successful.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Looks like a very nice bird. I think a Monti 2 is in order ...... but then again when would it not

Good job. Nice bird and Deere shirt.

Congrats on the kill. Was it a real hunt or one like my dad goes on where they release the quail for you 20 ft. ahead and you just go blasting with your shotgun? Just curious, because we get wild turkey in Battery Park in NYC occasionally and I just wouldn't consider it fair game to go after them because once they're there, they're trapped by all the yellow cabs and tourists.

Honestly, great looking bird, I hope you either stuffed it with chemicals or stuffing
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by TheNakedGun View Post
    Chris I have never had a CAO Soprano which one would you recommend

Congrats!! Looks like a fun times!

13. Cool

Any turkey that can be called in and rolled is a fair kill. The circumstances don't matter. They're the most paranoid bird on the planet!!!!!!
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Brenham, TX.....home of BlueBell Ice Cream!

Quote Originally Posted by Dickson View Post
    They're the most paranoid bird on the planet!!!!!!

And can run for looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong distances! I was on my way out to my stand last year and noticed a lil group of gobblers in my path, being the great listeners and able to see anything they spotted me and started to trot off. I decided man I'm ready for something exciting, so I started after them. 3/4 mile later I got within about 100 yards of them preparing to jump a fence into the next land owners property. Got the last and biggest one as he jumped up to go over the fence. Sucker fell on the barbed wire fence dead.

Thread Information