Thread: Acid Cigars out/New sticks in???

john51277 Guest

Default Acid Cigars out/New sticks in???

I was stocking my coolerdor, and emptying my humidors. I grabbed my "flavored" humidor I keep for my Acids, Heavens, CAO Flavours in and put them in my "fake" humidor from E-bay. I have this nice 50 count humidor now, which did house the flavoreds (is that a word even) I want to know if I can use it for "normal" sticks now or should I let it completely dry out and reseason???

2. Default

I would just use it for flavored sticks. Spanish cedar is really absorbant. You prolly never will get rid of the Acid smell.

bigsmoke Guest

Yes, don't EVER put anything but the stinky sticks in there. You could ruin good cigars by doing that.

john51277 Guest

These "stinky sticks" were only in there for about 2 weeks. I can barely smell it in there but it is present.

bigsmoke Guest

Quote Originally Posted by john51277 View Post
    These "stinky sticks" were only in there for about 2 weeks. I can barely smell it in there but it is present.
    Don't get me wrong about the "stinky" comment. I just mean that they will flavour your other sticks. That you do not want. The cedar absorbs the odours instantly.

john51277 Guest

Gotcha. I will put them back in there then maybe use it for a watch/jewelery box after they are gone. Thanks for the info guys.

Thread Information