Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Introduction: Another Floridian

1. Default Another Introduction: Another Floridian

I posted most of this info in a different thread (see Scuba thread), but thought I’d make an “official” introduction in case anyone’s interested. I hope this is an appropriate place to post an intro. I’m another Floridian (I’ve noticed several others around here…been lurking for a while). I transplanted from East TN to the Central Florida Gulf Coast (Spring Hill/Weekiwachee area) a little over seven years ago. I do travel the entire state for work, covering Florida City to well into the panhandle.

I have just recently been returning to cigar smoking after a several-year hiatus in which I’ve been pretty much dedicated to pipesmoking. I have still enjoyed the occasional cigar because several of the guys I hang out with are predominantly cigar smokers. Since I’ve been away from cigars for a while, I’m at ground zero newbie-hood. Hopefully that will change by gleaning the info around here. If “newbie” were the worst thing I had ever been called, I’d be in good shape , so I’m not too proud to admit it… In any event, I still love my pipes, but wanted to focus on cigars for a while...the pipe and pipe tobacco stashes are in good shape. I'll put up a pic of my tobacco cellar some time. If you are not familiar with pipes at all, don't think of the fruity, sweet aromatics that most people are familiar with. The natural (non-flavored) english/virginia blends are more akin (albeit different) to cigar smoking, and age beautifully in the tin. So, I've accumulated a few decades worth in my stash.

Anyway, that’s enough about me for now. This has grown much too long. Looking forward to learning what I can.

Welcome. I like the Buffett ref. in your sig.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Blog Entries

Welcome from Kansas.

welcome from the durty south.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Welcome from the UK
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Welcome from Mid. Tenn.!! Where in East TN did you live? I'm from Maryville.
    Enjoy the boards!

-Wayne
    Wanna-be beach bum.

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
    “Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party.”
    - A VERY wise man from Mississippi

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord, for thee..."

Welcome from Maryland.

I said hi when you did your intro in the other thread but again I will say Hi! I am sure we will end up smoking somewhere.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan View Post
    Welcome. I like the Buffett ref. in your sig.
    My wife and I were parrotheads for several years. That, like the scuba diving mentioned in the other thread, has dwindled since we began to have kids We still like the music, but don't get around to shows much any more.

Quote Originally Posted by borovy3488 View Post
    Welcome from Mid. Tenn.!! Where in East TN did you live? I'm from Maryville.
    I was from Strawberry Plains. Since nobody ever knows where that is, I just tell folks Knoxville. It's actually between Knoxville and Sevierville. I know the Maryville area well. My family is still in East TN, so I make it back to God's Country a few times per year.

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    I am sure we will end up smoking somewhere.
    Absolutely...where's this shop you've been talking about building a new smoking room? As I mentioned, I cover the state for work; however, my office is in St. Pete, so I spend a fair amount of time around St. Pete/Tampa.

Thanks, everyone, for the welcome!

john51277 Guest

Welcome from Central Florida. Just north or Orlando!!

Quote Originally Posted by SandPiper View Post
    My wife and I were parrotheads for several years. That, like the scuba diving mentioned in the other thread, has dwindled since we began to have kids We still like the music, but don't get around to shows much any more.

I was from Strawberry Plains. Since nobody ever knows where that is, I just tell folks Knoxville. It's actually between Knoxville and Sevierville. I know the Maryville area well. My family is still in East TN, so I make it back to God's Country a few times per year.

Absolutely...where's this shop you've been talking about building a new smoking room? As I mentioned, I cover the state for work; however, my office is in St. Pete, so I spend a fair amount of time around St. Pete/Tampa.

Thanks, everyone, for the welcome!
    Tampa Humidor off of busch blvd

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    Tampa Humidor off of busch blvd
    I just bought a humidor (The Geneve) from them about 2 weeks ago. Chances are, we'll run into each other there...I liked them, as well. Super friendly folks, and more than willing to answer all the questions I had. Good to deal with.

welcome from Michigan
    Jia Li
    1345 Washtenaw Ave
    Ann Arbor, MI

Welcome from Canada!

welcome to the boards from iowa

Quote Originally Posted by SandPiper View Post
    Its hard enough to get tickets for his shows, still the best concert I've been too was one of his, terrible seats but it was still awesome.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Welcome to the boards from down under!

Another welcome from Canada!

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Welcome from SC. If you enjoy pipes you might like the website of one of the local shops. They also sell cigars(nice retail prices), but pipes are thier mainstay. $$$ Pipes too. I hear pipe collectors go in there and drop $10-20k pretty easy. www.smokingpipes.com

Welcome from Florida, uhmmm, I mean Utah
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Thread Information