Thread: Exile Cigars

Arrow Exile Cigars

Hey guys, I was in my B&M a while back and noticed a new brand he had in stock. It was called "Exile Cigars." I had never heard of them or anything, so I didn't try it out, but I was attracted to them because of their awesome look. The box is pretty cool looking and the wrapper is amazing. I could only find a few links on these, and I was just wondering if anyone on here has tried these cigars and what they thought of them.
    http://doyouspeakeasy.wordpress.com/.../exile-cigars/

Thanks,
    Wayne
    Wanna-be beach bum.

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
    “Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party.”
    - A VERY wise man from Mississippi

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord, for thee..."

bigpoppapuff Guest

a good friend of mine,michael argenti,is the owner of the company that makes the brand...
    michael's sister, jeanine,is married to nick perdomo.
    michael worked for/with nick for a number of years until he went out on his own.
    michael's brother,al,also worked for perdomo,and joined mike in the new venture....michael was responsible for many of the good things that perdomo did.....and many of the packaging efforts.....i'm not sure who's making mike's cigars......i've heard that the packaging is outstanding and the cigar very good but on the pricey side....

I tried one a few weeks ago. I remember I liked it. Had a unique taste, but could'nt locate any at a discount. I noticed them today at the b&m but didn't really consider buying another at $5-6. They are a little gimmcky with the cuban connection and the individal wrappers are recreations of the cuban embargo headlines from old newspapers. Would try again if they were to become more widely available on line and chaper. Oh yeah, the bands and boxes do remind you of Perdomo counterfiet cubans.
    Last edited by pub spears; 03-24-2007 at 05:27 PM.

bigpoppapuff Guest

the counterfeit cubans were mike's project and a reason for the friendship between mike and lew rothman.
    one of the reasons that mike's company sells some altadis product...friends helping friends....

I thought those counterfiet cubans were not half bad for the $, but only the robustos. The churchills I tried had burn issues. If I had joined this forum 5 years ago I would have joined as Perdomo Fan.

bigpoppapuff Guest

what???.....a perdomo cigar with burn problems??.....c'mon!!!...(insert sarcasm here)...

I recently was given an Exile to try and have to admit it was a decent cigar. I liken it to the new CAO Vision that I paid a much heftier price for the previous week. I told the owner of the shop who gave it to me that it reminded me of the Big Brother of the Vision. Seemed to have the same flavors only more pronounced. Actually not a bad smoke for the price.

Blog Entries

I was just wondering if anyone on here has tried these cigars and what they thought of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    a good friend of mine,michael argenti,is the owner of the company that makes the brand...
    michael's sister, jeanine,is married to nick perdomo.
    michael worked for/with nick for a number of years until he went out on his own.
    michael's brother,al,also worked for perdomo,and joined mike in the new venture....michael was responsible for many of the good things that perdomo did.....and many of the packaging efforts.....i'm not sure who's making mike's cigars......i've heard that the packaging is outstanding and the cigar very good but on the pricey side....

So have you tried one? If so, are they any good?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information