• Yes

8 26.67%
  • No

21 70.00%
  • 30 day suspension.

1 3.33%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CoventryCat86 Ban Poll

Bill I might be wrong here, but I don' think any one objects you pointing out that the video and the comments were way out of line. As a matter of fact bringing that up just makes you a very valuable member here, as no one group or person should be bated or attacked in the way that post did.

At the same time you and Sid both went way too far in this conflict. By that I mean if someone does something wrong it is good to point out their BEHAVIOR or ACTIONS. But no statements should be made to attack THE PERSON HIMSELF/HERSELF

AND THAT LAST STATEMENT IS MEANT FOR ALL PARTIES INVOLVED IN THIS AND OTHER SUCH ARGUMENTS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Lets face it, there is a reason why Hex is posting this in the first place.

From my point of view I don't give a shit what goes on "Behind the scenes". People should be adult enough to work things out an leave the rest of the board out of it when they are all established members. Its what goes on in public and The Korean has hit the nail on the head from the "public" perspective IMO (and that just my opinion). This isn't about some misguided newbie, this is about fellow established members and not letting it go when you have been asked several times at least by Hex.

-W.
    What proof of this do you have? NONE.

Here's a suggestion for ya Einstein, don't make statements you can't back up especially when they are lies.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan View Post
    Bill I might be wrong here, but I don' think any one objects you pointing out that the video and the comments were way out of line. As a matter of fact bringing that up just makes you a very valuable member here, as no one group or person should be bated or attacked in the way that post did.

At the same time you and Sid both went way too far in this conflict. By that I mean if someone does something wrong it is good to point out their BEHAVIOR or ACTIONS. But no statements should be made to attack THE PERSON HIMSELF/HERSELF

AND THAT LAST STATEMENT IS MEANT FOR ALL PARTIES INVOLVED IN THIS AND OTHER SUCH ARGUMENTS
    And sid has done this far more times around here than I have. Why didn't you object when he called me a "fuckhead?"

You gonna vote in the poll?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    And sid has done this far more times around here than I have. Why didn't you object when he called me a "fuckhead?"

You gonna vote in the poll?
    I think that statement was crude and way out of hand. I am not policing the threads to object every time someone does something like that.

But by all means I OBJECT ALL SUCH STATEMENTS REGARDLESS OF WHO MAKES THEM OR WHO THEY ARE MADE AGAINST.

If my vote matters for anthing I vote NO BAN

Why didn't you object when he called me a "fuckhead?"
    Bill this is where your problem is. You expect everyone here to be just as loud and just as abrasive as you are. I'm not trying to put you down just being honest, you're loud and abrasive plain and simple. This is a very good thing at times, like when you deal with trolls and scammers, but you also have a tendency to be abrasive when it comes to other opinions.

Dan most likely did object when he called you fuckhead he probably just didn't voice his objection, He most likely just sat at his computer and shook his head as I know I did. That's the same thing with Sid's video, you bring up how nobody objected to it but you yourself didn't even notice it for at least a month. I haven't even watched the video because I read your posts about it before I had the chance. If it is as bad as you say Sid owes this board an "I'm Sorry" at least. Me personally I could see Sid going or staying, he has a lot to offer this place but sadly I've seen that change since starting here as well. He also posts baiting comments, and disrespects everyone with a different opinion than him. I can only guess that he went after Chris because of his religious beliefs, as we all know Sid's feeling on the terrible Christians.

You just can't expect everybody here to appreciate your loud and abrasive behaviour Bill, and you can't expect them to be the same way. Sometimes a more subtle attack wins the war better then the full on charge you prefer.

Nate
    Last edited by prophetic_joe; 03-31-2007 at 01:24 PM. Reason: spelling
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

6. Default

I don’t contribute here much, if at all. It doesn’t suit my personality. There are a lot of individuals here who I respect and admire. The problem is that as a group this is one of the most dysfunctional that I have ever encountered. Bill is not the problem. Banning him will solve nothing. I have no business voting in this poll, but I felt the need to counter others who also have no business voting in this poll.

Doc.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Blog Entries

Good points Nate and Dan...

sid, I'm sorry I called you an "asshole" in the thread where you posted the anti-homosexual video that I take strong exception to.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

snip -
    I'm sorry nhcigarfan and to anyone else who was offended by my objection to his posting of the antihomosexual video...

No need to appologize to me, I object to that posting also.

I

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    Sid's video post was directly against the stated policy of this forum. There is no doubt about that. It was complete crap and he should apologize for it but we all know he won't because he hasn't for all the past shit. No big surprise there.

But don't you see Bill, this is his plan. He is going to keep baiting you. When you go after him and he doesn't respond then it looks like you are the problem. Eventually you might just get tossed if Hex gets fed up. That's Sid's goal. By going after him your giving him exactly what he wants. Your facing a banning poll. Granted your going to survive it but it still went this far.
    If you just ignore the guy this will all be over and it will drive him nuts.
    Hey, Bill - does this sound at all familiar???

Sarge - I couldn't agree more. But if you think about it - it is really down to one individual. And he need to take responsiblity for his actions - realize he's being an idiot - stop his nonsense - AND MOVE ON!!!

No one has to like CC or Sid or anyone else, for that matter. But this sneaky, snarky crap has to stop! ...or this board will definitely splinter.

Blog Entries

Yep, you got that right shagaroo.

NullSmurf who hasn't been here in months all of a sudden makes an appearance here on TODAY of all days, he votes in this poll then leaves.

Unreal.......

So sid, tell us, did you send nully a PM telling him about this "poll?"
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Yep, you got that right shagaroo.

NullSmurf who hasn't been here in months all of a sudden makes an appearance here on TODAY of all days, he votes in this poll then leaves.

Unreal.......

So sid, tell us, did you send nully a PM telling him about this "poll?"
    I would have thought that Bruce was skulking around other boards because he THINKS his presence is so valuable. Clearly his vote is important!!!

...then again, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he was alerted to the poll by a big birdie...

Brewmeister? How many posts does brewie have??? Isn't it a whopping 2??

I wonder if bigbird brought him over as well???

Thanks to the bigbird for bringing valuable members to the board...

Ha - nice catch shag.

Maybe someone should let Scotty know. We can let him back in to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    Ha - nice catch shag.

Maybe someone should let Scotty know. We can let him back in to vote.
    I'm sure the bigbird did - but unfortunately scroto couldn't get it together before the polls closed...

So - What now???

Sid - care to comment? You've been strangely quiet through this whole thing....

Yeah definitely good catch Shag, that puts a whole new spin on things. It would definitely appear that Sid is soliciting votes which is really ridiculous. Worked out well for ya.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

18. Default

So Bill gets the awesome privelage of staying here? I'm sure he's sportin wood about now. This was a bad idea and complete clusterfuck at best and a witch hunt at worst. Says a lot for the 8 names I saw vote for a ban. Dont worry though I'll be sure to avoid all 8 of you in the future,thats a promise.
    The older I get ,the better I was

19. Default

And someone tell nullsmurf to go the fuck back wherever he came from
    The older I get ,the better I was

20. Default

WTF, no victory party?

Doc.
    Last edited by Devil Doc; 03-31-2007 at 06:31 PM.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Thread Information