• No

21 70.00%
  • 30 day suspension.

1 3.33%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CoventryCat86 Ban Poll

Blog Entries

Default CoventryCat86 Ban Poll

I really didn't want to do this. But Bill, you have really started to try a lot of peoples patience, including mine. I asked you to stop this crap in private, and you never responded, you simply continued. You are not the only one to blame for the current problems, but you continue to add fuel to the fire.

Quite a few members have PM'ed me asking for a ban poll, including many not even involved in this conflict.

You guys know the rules.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

I vote no ban. Bill is a valuable member of the community especially when posting about cigars or fun shit. It would be nice if CC and BPP could either settle their differences or let this die. I am a newbie and other than this vote, at the end of the day, my opinion on this subject really does not matter. However, I am not in favor of banning CC from this community.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Miguel - your patience is being tried by the back and forth crap going on. No doubt Bill can be a big pain in the ass, but this situation is definitely not all one-sided.

I often wonder why a certain member posts one way at one board - but posts very differently on this board. And it he is being very disrespectful of this board with his nonsense.

If that individual does not have me on ignore, maybe he would care to comment...,

sadly based on some historical posts I think some ppl will not vote for fear of retribution.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Blog Entries

Ban everybody--me, CC, BPP, Shelby, CNB and whoever else continues to be involved in this horseshit--for 30 days. Whoever chooses to come back after the 30 day suspension has to promise to play nice. If they don't, make the ban permanent.

I really hate the fact that Bill can't settle down and let things go. I also hate the fact that several past members refuse to come around any more because of his abusive attitude, but I certainly understand why they don't. Bill has contributed nothing outstanding that I can recall in the year that I've been here. The controversy and discourse that he adds to this forum far outweighs any positive contributions that he might make. Sure he has a lot of posts, about 5 a day but very few add anything unique to this board. It seems that if there is a controversy Bill is smack in the middle of it. Hex's repeated requests for Bill to cut the stalking, harassing and prodding have been arrogently ignored, as indicated in Hex's opening post. 6 months ago I would not be in favor of banning anyone, but at this point I feel that I can't discuss anything even mildly controversial. I have tried to be a good member of this community, help when I could, and have gifted and exchanged about 300 cigars in the past year. I still have no clue as to what started him off on me, but at this point it really doesn't matter. I have decided that if Bill is still here in June when my contest, birthday club exchange and the southern herf I am trying to help ChefChris organize are over with. I will leave.

I truly do enjoy being a member of this board and will respect whatever you all decide with no hard feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    sadly based on some historical posts I think some ppl will not vote for fear of retribution.
    I don't understand why that would stop anyone. If you really think he should be banned - vote to ban him!

Hey - I yelled at Bill the other day. Let him have it REAL good! And he was yelling back and me and calling me foul names (sound familiar?). Do you see him going after me?

There truly is a method to his madness.

Hey - You REALLY want to see retaliation? Vote to NOT ban him...

There's nothing worse than someone who works like the Wizard of Oz - manipulating the controls from behind the curtain.

I'll take someone who is out in the open and obnoxious anyday over someone who is in the shadows playing like he's everyone's friend. Too friggen sneaky for me.

A couple of members have indicated to me via PM that they don't want to get involved publicly for fear of being Bill's next target. Perhaps names should not be associated with votes in this poll.

9. Default

Thats the single most stupid fucked up statement I have heard in a while, bar none.
    The older I get ,the better I was

Sure, ban him, I haven't read every post he has ever posted, but from all I can remember the ones I have read have been just baiting someone into getting into a conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Thats the single most stupid fucked up statement I have heard in a while, bar none.
    Glad I could be of service

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    I really hate the fact that Bill can't settle down and let things go. I also hate the fact that several past members refuse to come around any more because of his abusive attitude, but I certainly understand why they don't. Bill has contributed nothing outstanding that I can recall in the year that I've been here. The controversy and discourse that he adds to this forum far outweighs any positive contributions that he might make. Sure he has a lot of posts, about 5 a day but very few add anything unique to this board. It seems that if there is a controversy Bill is smack in the middle of it. Hex's repeated requests for Bill to cut the stalking, harassing and prodding have been arrogently ignored, as indicated in Hex's opening post. 6 months ago I would not be in favor of banning anyone, but at this point I feel that I can't discuss anything even mildly controversial. I have tried to be a good member of this community, help when I could, and have gifted and exchanged about 300 cigars in the past year. I still have no clue as to what started him off on me, but at this point it really doesn't matter. I have decided that if Bill is still here in June when my contest, birthday club exchange and the southern herf I am trying to help ChefChris organize are over with. I will leave.

I truly do enjoy being a member of this board and will respect whatever you all decide with no hard feelings.

I had a long response to your observations. But ya know - if I have to explain it, it really is of no use. It is what it is.

Let's just say - when you get to the point that you honestly have no idea whatsoever how many cigars you've sent out to others as gifts - you're probably in a position to understand why CC is valuable.

Short of that - he is a total pain in the ass...

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I had a long response to your observations. But ya know - if I have to explain it, it really is of no use. It is what it is.

Let's just say - when you get to the point that you honestly have no idea whatsoever how many cigars you've sent out to others as gifts - you're probably in a position to understand why CC is valuable.

Short of that - he is a total pain in the ass...
    I hope I have the opportunity to get to that point.

A couple of members have indicated to me via PM that they don't want to get involved publicly for fear of being Bill's next target. Perhaps names should not be associated with votes in this poll.

What's the matter - afraid of retaliation?

What - do you think Bill is going to come to your house and set fire to a bag of poop on your doorstep?

Yeah - let's play hide and seek...

Babies...

I hope I have the opportunity to get to that point.
    I sincerely do to, Shelby. But I honestly think the route you're currently on will bring you to a different place. Not that it's wrong - you will definitely be with a different group of people.

But - it is a place I would prefer to avoid, thank you...

Wow, you love stirring the pot and baiting don't ya? You are as guilty as anyone else, but you just sit up on that high horse of yours. I would be willing to bet it bites on the butt in the end.

And for the record, I was on Sid's side until his post to Chris, even though I all but begged him countless times to quit egging it on. Something he, as well as yourself, can't seem to stop doing. Now, he, and every gutless little turd you claim is running their cowardly little mouths in private, can hit the bricks for all I care. And take yourself with them.

Lets face it, there is a reason why Hex is posting this in the first place.

From my point of view I don't give a shit what goes on "Behind the scenes". People should be adult enough to work things out an leave the rest of the board out of it when they are all established members. Its what goes on in public and The Korean has hit the nail on the head from the "public" perspective IMO (and that just my opinion). This isn't about some misguided newbie, this is about fellow established members and not letting it go when you have been asked several times at least by Hex.

-W.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo View Post
    Wow, you love stirring the pot and baiting don't ya? You are as guilty as anyone else, but you just sit up on that high horse of yours. I would be willing to bet it bites on the butt in the end.

And for the record, I was on Sid's side until his post to Chris, even though I all but begged him countless times to quit egging it on. Something he, as well as yourself, can't seem to stop doing. Now, he, and every gutless little turd you claim is running their cowardly little mouths in private, can hit the bricks for all I care. And take yourself with them.
    Sorry you feel that way Shaggy, but this didn't come to a head because Bill and I were fighting back and forth for months. It came to a head because Hex asked us to stop months ago and I sat there getting egged on by Bill for months without saying a word. I'm not sitting on any high horse, I've simply had enough of his baiting and prodding. If the members of this board dont see that as a problem, then they can vote however they want to. I'm just stating my case.

And, ya know, this ain't about Sid. I have refused to speak for him at every turn even though Bill wants to make it about Sid. My decision to leave is based on how Bill has treated me and how uncomfortable I feel with him stalking me.

C'mon, Sid - get on the phone and get the vote out! Time is running short!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    C'mon, Sid - get on the phone and get the vote out! Time is running short!!!
    I just had a Hunter S. Thompson moment with that line.

-W.

Thread Information