Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your local apprentice

Hey fella I'll anyone who's wrong they're wrong. For saying Jon was out of line with his comment Bill was wrong, but don't you think for one damn second that me telling Bill he is wrong is the same as me telling you, you are right. You hate it here and that's fine, you're mad at the brothers here that's fine too, take your ball and go home then. Stop posting except for your contest or forget your contest all together, either way I don't give two shits about what you think of this board, it's members or whether or not you think I have a backbone. Get it through your head Shelby your behaviour during the banning poll and since have made you just as much at fault as Bill, if you are too damn egotistical and blind to see that then I'm very sorry for you.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

You really don't get it at all... I'm not asking you to support me, I'm already gone. And I don't hate this board. I like an awful lot of people here -- including a couple that I have pissed off with this rant. But I made a statement that I was going to finish up some things, then I'd be gone. I'll stick to that statement. What I would like YOU and the rest of this community to do is to stick up for your "brothers" when Bill starts in on them for no reason other than HE doesn't like them.

Do you get it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    You really don't get it at all... I'm not asking you to support me, I'm already gone. And I don't hate this board. I like an awful lot of people here -- including a couple that I have pissed off with this rant. But I made a statement that I was going to finish up some things, then I'd be gone. I'll stick to that statement. What I would like YOU and the rest of this community to do is to stick up for your "brothers" when Bill starts in on them for no reason other than HE doesn't like them.

Do you get it yet?
    You're gone when you're not posting any more. You're not gone - quit lying.

You're nothing but a clanging alarm bell. The bell's been rung - people know the bell's been rung - now it's just irritating...

We'll miss you, but.....you were saying something about being gone??

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    You're gone when you're not posting any more. You're not gone - quit lying.

You're nothing but a clanging alarm bell. The bell's been rung - people know the bell's been rung - now it's just irritating...

We'll miss you, but.....you were saying something about being gone??
    Yeah, you're right George. I've said my piece... Those who want to hear it will.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    I'm not seeing the point of this being drug out. He apologized.

Can't help but wonder if the voting had something to do with this.

*ducks
    No Chris, it had nothing to do with that. Of course my "fan club" will lie and say that it did but how do they know? The answer is THEY DON'T so you'd be wise to not listen to them when they're looking to make trouble.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    No Chris, it had nothing to do with that. Of course my "fan club" will lie and say that it did but how do they know? The answer is THEY DON'T so you'd be wise to not listen to them when they're looking to make trouble.
    I'm not trying to take sides here. From what I'm seeing bigsmoke made a joke that some didn't seem to get. Even after the "just kidding" line. But, hey, that's the internet and you can't here the tone of someone's voice. I didn't see any lecturing other than John's, "it was bad taste". Which later on he apologized and offered to make it up to him. Should have been a done deal right there.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Blog Entries

C'mon Chris. You and I have had many chats. We've talked about many things. I know you have a good head on your shoulders. Of course the vote had something to do with it. It had everything to do with it. Do you think Bill would have even commented in this thread had Jon not voted or voted no ban? He says he doesn't stalk. Of course he does. The problem is that he thinks he's smarter than he is and he counts on the fact that none of you will question him because you're afraid he'll do to you exactly what he's doing to Jon. Somebody here wanna tell me what it is that Jon has done wrong in this thread? From what I can see, Bill is accusing Jon of lecturing and he's gonna make an issue out of it. This from a guy who apparantly lives to educate the world. How hypocritical can he get, and how much longer can you people stand by and defend him? I guess I just don't "get it."
    No, you clearly do not.

I took objection to cabagan juan's statements to bigsmoke when what bigsmoke said was CLEARLY a joke, there was no need for cabaguan juan to lecutre him as I said. My initial post in this thread has nothing to do with any "ban pool" shelby and once again, you're only making trouble here and lying by making things up which we've all come to know is how you operate.

If you want to behave in a mature manner then fantastic but since you can't, you really should "leave" like you keep saying you're going to instead of just staying around causing trouble.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    I'm not trying to take sides here. From what I'm seeing bigsmoke made a joke that some didn't seem to get. Even after the "just kidding" line. But, hey, that's the internet and you can't here the tone of someone's voice. I didn't see any lecturing other than John's, "it was bad taste". Which later on he apologized and offered to make it up to him. Should have been a done deal right there.
    Good, you just agreed with me that he was "lecturing" but you missed the first one:

I hope so, because there is no integrity in that, plus I would not want to do that to anyone, much less someone whom I like and admire.
    That statement was totally unnecessary and "lecturing" because bigsmoke had already said BEFORE that post he was "joking."

So bigsmoke sees cabaguan juan's reaction (which like I said, he never should have posted in the first place) and apoligizes which he had no need to do since he had qualified his statement as a joke.

So cabaguan juan continues with the "lecturing" (in my words) with this stupid comment:

Not harmful, just real bad taste.
    I didn't like his statements and I took exception to them, it's as simple as that.

So now of course we have shelby chiming with his lies and inuendo trying to make trouble.

Yep, I'm the "problem" here......
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Can't we all just get along?

I think this is a good quote for everyone:

“Losers live in the past. Winners learn from the past and enjoy working in the present toward the future.”

So lets move on, stop living in the past, learn from it and get on with the cigars.

(by the way I won't be responding to any criticism positively or negatively about this current post, this thread has dragged on enough.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 597 View Post

“Losers live in the past. Winners learn from the past and enjoy working in the present toward the future.”

So lets move on, stop living in the past, learn from it and get on with the cigars.

(by the way I won't be responding to any criticism positively or negatively about this current post, this thread has dragged on enough.)
    In a perfect world, yes, in reality, no.

Here's a good quote for everyone too regarding the past:

"History repeats itself"
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post

"History repeats itself"

I was drinking coffee yesterday. I'm drinking it today. Crap, he's right.

I’ve given this response more thought then I originally intended, but that is because I read CC’s last few posts here and really tired to see it from his side and why he interjected the way he did. I guess with this being a member moderated board, everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. CC from the last couple of posts you answered my initial question. Look, if I miss treated Big Smoke, I’d like to hear it from him. Like I said earlier, I’d be happy to apologize if he feels it necessary. Lecturing was not my intent regardless of how one reads my post. My issue with CC was ‘If it doesn’t offend him, why should it offend you?’ This has become a bigger issue then it should be. I am not going to have this be an anchor for me and want to move on from this. I stopped caring about Big Smoke’s joke right after post #13. As far as I can tell with Big Smoke, he has no issue with me. That leaves CC…
    Last edited by Cabaiguan Juan; 04-09-2007 at 08:09 PM. Reason: spelling
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

13. Default

C'mon Chris. You and I have had many chats. We've talked about many things. I know you have a good head on your shoulders. Of course the vote had something to do with it. It had everything to do with it. Do you think Bill would have even commented in this thread had Jon not voted or voted no ban? He says he doesn't stalk. Of course he does. The problem is that he thinks he's smarter than he is and he counts on the fact that none of you will question him because you're afraid he'll do to you exactly what he's doing to Jon. Somebody here wanna tell me what it is that Jon has done wrong in this thread? From what I can see, Bill is accusing Jon of lecturing and he's gonna make an issue out of it. This from a guy who apparantly lives to educate the world. How hypocritical can he get, and how much longer can you people stand by and defend him? I guess I just don't "get it."
    Good Lord. You are seriously deluded. The vote definitely had something to do with it but not they way you think it did. Bill would have commented in this thread regardless and I'll tell you why genius, to get you in here spouting your opinion. This part of your statement is rich; "The problem is that he thinks he's smarter than he is", lol. In case anyone is interested, this statement is shelby's way of saying he is smarter than Bill. See, for someone to know that another person is not as smart as he thinks he is, that person must be superior in intellect. Otherwise how would he know? This isn't about Jon, shelby, it's about you and your giant brain. Bill outsmarted you and you are still wallowing in it without a clue.

A master's stroke Willie... I taught you well.

NA

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan View Post
    I’ve given this response more thought then I originally intended, but that is because I read CC’s last few posts here and really tired to see it from his side and why he interjected the way he did. I guess with this being a member moderated board, everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. CC from the last couple of posts you answered my initial question. Look, if I miss treaded Big Smoke, I’d like to hear it from him. Like I said earlier, I’d be happy to apologize if he feels it necessary. Lecturing was not my intent regardless of how one reads my post. My issue with CC was ‘If it doesn’t offend him, why should it offend you?’ This has become a bigger issue then it should be. I am not going to have this be an anchor for me and want to move on from this. I stopped caring about Big Smoke’s joke right after post #13. As far as I can tell with Big Smoke, he has no issue with me. That leaves CC…
    Is the kind of advice a "Trend Setting Life Coach" has to offer? In that case - you're gonna starve....

Quote Originally Posted by 597 View Post

That sounds awfully purty and stuff - but I know at least on loser on this board that enjoys working in the present toward the future, while not learning from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by samclemmons View Post
    Good Lord. You are seriously deluded. The vote definitely had something to do with it but not they way you think it did. Bill would have commented in this thread regardless and I'll tell you why genius, to get you in here spouting your opinion. This part of your statement is rich; "The problem is that he thinks he's smarter than he is", lol. In case anyone is interested, this statement is shelby's way of saying he is smarter than Bill. See, for someone to know that another person is not as smart as he thinks he is, that person must be superior in intellect. Otherwise how would he know? This isn't about Jon, shelby, it's about you and your giant brain. Bill outsmarted you and you are still wallowing in it without a clue.

A master's stroke Willie... I taught you well.

NA
    Soooo.... let me get this straight....

Bill jumped all over Jon because he knew that I would not like it and I would stick up for Jon.

Soooo....

according to you, Bill was baiting me all along.

Hmmmmm.....

Amazing how you have gotten to understand Bill so well.

...I wonder...

By the way, why is it that neither you nor Bill understand that Shelby is a proper name and should be capitalized?

Hmmmmm.....

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...

I'm done with this thread. One of you genius's are just gonna have to bait me out somewhere else.

Hey ChefChris - #1192 - You're up!

ok guys. that's enough, let's give shelby a rest shall we? let's make it an even 5 days.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Is the kind of advice a "Trend Setting Life Coach" has to offer? In that case - you're gonna starve....
    yeah, its definitely not paying the bills right now.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Blog Entries

Soooo.... let me get this straight....

Bill jumped all over Jon because he knew that I would not like it and I would stick up for Jon.

Soooo....

according to you, Bill was baiting me all along.

Hmmmmm.....

Amazing how you have gotten to understand Bill so well.

...I wonder...

By the way, why is it that neither you nor Bill understand that Shelby is a proper name and should be capitalized?

Hmmmmm.....

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...

I'm done with this thread. One of you genius's are just gonna have to bait me out somewhere else.

Hey ChefChris - #1192 - You're up!

Yes SamClemmons, he is seriously deluded and not very bright either ("genius's" what a dope! ).

shelby, how about you figure out what the plural of "genius" all by yourself. I think you'll actually learn more if you figure it out all on your own rather than anyone here with a grade schooler's knowledge of English just giving you the answer. Then again.....

The "I'm done" is also a classic line from blowhards like this, did you learn that from sid?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan View Post
    yeah, its definitely not paying the bills right now.
    Good thing you got that "lobbiest" gig then, huh?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Thread Information