Thread: Question about Cigars

Tucson Az (school) Hometown-Rancho Cucamonga Ca

Default Question about Cigars

I was given 3 romeo y juliet cubans that have been in aluminum containers for about 3-4 months. I smoked one of them and it was dried out. My question is how dried out are they at this point and will they burst if I just put them in a humidor? They don't seem to be too dried out as they still smell really good and one has bloom on it but then again I'm kinda new with cigars and dont know too much. Thanks for the help

Bring them back slow. Place them in a humi or tupperware at 60% for a couple of weeks or so, then up them to 65% for a couple of weeks, then to 70% for a couple of weeks then back to 65% for a month.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dcmasta View Post
    I was given 3 romeo y juliet cubans that have been in aluminum containers for about 3-4 months. I smoked one of them and it was dried out. My question is how dried out are they at this point and will they burst if I just put them in a humidor? They don't seem to be too dried out as they still smell really good and one has bloom on it but then again I'm kinda new with cigars and dont know too much. Thanks for the help
    Welcome to the boards.

Thanks for the advice. As soon as i get my humidor in I'll start the process.

And thanks for the warm welcome lopaka

Welcome dcmasta, tell us a little about yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ReV View Post
    Welcome dcmasta, tell us a little about yourself.
    Haha ok. I'm 20 and I go to the U of A, currently majoring in Civil engineering. I started smoking cigars mostly from playing poker with friends on the weekends. I just ordered a humidor and some cigars in a bundle pack for 30$ from cubancrafters.com and I cant wait for it to arrive. So far I've only smoked about 5-7 cigars and mostly just mild ones but have enjoyed most of them so far.

Haha ok. I'm 20 and I go to the U of A, currently majoring in Civil engineering. I started smoking cigars mostly from playing poker with friends on the weekends. I just ordered a humidor and some cigars in a bundle pack for 30$ from cubancrafters.com and I cant wait for it to arrive. So far I've only smoked about 5-7 cigars and mostly just mild ones but have enjoyed most of them so far.

what cigars are coming?
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    what cigars are coming?
    Don Kiki's 7 red labels and 8 green labels the reviews were pretty good for em. They should arrive on Monday along with the humidor

Don Kiki's 7 red labels and 8 green labels the reviews were pretty good for em. They should arrive on Monday along with the humidor
    good job. those are good newbie sticks.

the green will be mild.
    the red will be a little medium bodied.

you plan on getting any beads for that new humi?

also make sure you check out this guide for setting up that humidor.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Thanks for the link seems really helpful. When I bought the humidor they suggest buying some solution for it, I didn't do it but I was wondering if it's worthwhile to go and buy some.

As for beads I'm not too sure exactly what they are?

You have awsome taste.. reds one of my favorites, right after Don Kiki brown lables, i like you already... which U of A by the by... I'm a Mechanical Engineering major at South Alabama.

Quote Originally Posted by ReV View Post
    You have awsome taste.. reds one of my favorites, right after Don Kiki brown lables, i like you already... which U of A by the by... I'm a Mechanical Engineering major at South Alabama.
    Haha I am pretty big on reading user reviews before buying anything and this combo had the best of the cheap combo deals. Heres the link for what I'm getting: http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/itemId/280

I go to University of Arizona in Tucson. I was thinking about mechanical engineering but I ended up going the civil program.

Thread Information