Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, enough bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickson View Post
    What's a 98 BGC?
    Bolivar Grand Corona - and I would suggest it was likely an ISOM (with wonderful age, I might add)...

Sheesshhh... Do I gotta learn 'em all???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Bolivar Grand Corona - and I would suggest it was likely an ISOM (with wonderful age, I might add)...

Sheesshhh... Do I gotta learn 'em all???
    Actually, I screwed up George, I meant to say "BCG" which stands for "Bolivar Corona Gigantes" which is a Cuban cigar and the "98" means it came from a box with a box code of 1998. This cigar was a gift from a fine gentleman on CigarPass and CigarSnobs that I've had in my humi for over three years. It's a "julieta" vitola measuring 7 x 47.

The Glenfiddich Gran Reserva is also not available in the United States either.

Good thing I'm from Canada.......
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Actually, I screwed up George, I meant to say "BCG" which stands for "Bolivar Corona Gigantes" which is a Cuban cigar and the "98" means it came from a box with a box code of 1998. This cigar was a gift from a fine gentleman on CigarPass and CigarSnobs that I've had in my humi for over three years. It's a "julieta" vitola measuring 7 x 47.

The Glenfiddich Gran Reserva is also not available in the United States either.

Good thing I'm from Canada.......
    Oh, nice!!! Making me look like a fool...

This is not Carthage.

Like the BCG though.

5. Cool

You guys ae doing a great job of confusing the newblette.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Plenty of very good comments here guys. Here’s my response to some posts (without quoting anything):

George:

Very well stated. Just want to make a point that while I am a member of both moderated and non-moderated boards, I do prefer non-moderated ones as it allows freedom of speech. However, freedom of speech should not be permitted to the point where we have the gross personal attacks as we’ve been seeing here for a while. If it were to go to a vote, I’d vote to keep the Board as it is, self-moderated!! You say this place is democratic, and that’s fine, and I agree for the most part. However, that having been said, I highly doubt that hate posts, trolling, general aggravation and the shit that’s been going on here lately have a place in democracy. ‘Tis a fine line my friend.

Baka:

The first line of your first post says it all. If people want to discuss politics in a friendly manner, cool!! But that isn’t happening here for the most part. If someone stomps in here and starts (or tries to start) a war, of any nature, yes, the whole membership will be all over him. However, what brought this on was a load of crap between long standing members of the board.

Kevin:

Yeah, if you fuck up, sure, let’s go dude, and I don’t believe anyone would have an issue with that. Wasn't my intention to imply that Pal. But that ain’t what’s happening here. It’s a long-standing never-ending pissing match that started before my time here and I would guess it’s born of political parents. As for your note for your day job, I know where you’re coming from. I served my Apprenticeship in an open pit mine in Labrador. Still scares me when I think of some of the shit that went on there!! Yeah, the disputes are a part of life, both here and in real face-face life. Just too bad they can be settled in real life, one way or another, but here it goes on for years with no end and will probably cause good people to leave.

Bill ……………… Bill ………..:

So we’re on opposite sides of the fence, but we both agree with Kevin??? I’m not talking about the one-time run-in-start-shit-run-out crap that everyone (almost) here will jump on. If you think that’s what’s getting my goat, then you should read my post again. I’m talking about all the bullshit that so many times seems to end up with you in the middle. Be it Sid, George, Baka, Sarge, Barry, Will, whoever, there almost always seems to be one common denominator.

I DO stand corrected with my BOTL statement. I should have stated the majority of the long-standing and “respected by the general community” members who frequent this site and are affected by the bullshit that goes on.

The third paragraph of the first post goes back to your first statement, you misunderstood my intentions.

This I will quote:

snip...So Newfie according to your logic, it's okay for people to " up" and never apologize for it, correct?
    ...snip
    Where the hell did you get that from?? Why do you insist on putting words in people’s mouths?? I can’t help but think that you intentionally misinterpret the words of others to stir the pot!

Sid has never turned on me, nor have I given him any reason to. I have laughed, and poked fun, at him and have had the same treatment returned, all good natured. Maybe you should take a lesson from that Bill. Do I think he may bait you at times?? Sure. And know what? You swallow the bait better than any Large Mouth Bass out there.

So I offended you eh?? Cripers, you’re breakin’ my heart! When I speak of the long-standing members of the board who have oodles of cigar related knowledge to share, you are included in that group. There is nobody here with an IQ of higher than 20 who would dispute that. However, while you may feel the trolling you may do, the attacks you may throw out there because you feel something insultful was directed at you, and the unnecessary shit you stir (at least, that’s what it is in my opinion) are meaningful and significant, and thought of the same way by “so many” other members of the board ………… sorry, I don’t even know how to respond to that. {{Do you really believe that??}}

Bill, you don’t (nor should you) give a rat’s ass what my opinion is, and nor should I care about yours. I may like a certain cigar, and you may like something different, and that’s fair. I may like Hillary, or I may not, (I’m not an American citizen, so why should my opinion matter anyway), but why would you (or anyone else for that matter) care if I do or not to the point where it causes the shit, slams and slurs that occur here?

All in all, do I want to see Sid, or Shelby, or any other long standing Member leave?? HELL NO!!!! However, I’m still of the opinion that the constant bickering, whining and crapola should stop. To make myself clear once again, I’m not talking about the Cumchuggers or the Scrotos who waltz in and stir the pot for one reason, or anyone who rips of another member. I’m talking about members who’ve been here a long time, have thousands of posts between them but can’t agree on the colour of the sky on a clear day, and the useless and hurtful feelings that are thrown back and forth between them.

One personal note on Kevin. I have the utmost of respect for him and his way of doing things. If he doesn’t like something, everyone’s going to know it. He calls a spade a spade, tells it like it is and doesn’t pull any punches. When it’s done, it’s done and life goes on. Smoke cigars, drink something good and enjoy life. Kevin is one of the many guys on this board that some day, God willing, I’ll be able to meet. He’s good people IMHO.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

7. Cool

Wisdom of the ages. He makes sense guys.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dickson View Post
    Wisdom of the ages. He makes sense guys.
    No he doesn't

He's another shelby who whines and pisses and moans about things he doesn't like and then engages in EXACTLY the behavior he claims to find so objectionable.

He can't even make cogent arguments without personal attacks and illogical reasoning so just like shelby, there's no reasoning with him.

Please don't encourage him.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

9. Question

CC,

A little help hee. I don't get it as usual.
    ~ Mark Twain

Bill, you baited me once before with incorrect statements, false accusations and a general shit-slinging series of posts.

It isn't happening again.

I posted a response to alot of the comments in this thread, and even complimented you.

Enough's enough. Have fun playing in your sand box pal.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie View Post
    Bill, you baited me once before with incorrect statements, false accusations and a general shit-slinging series of posts.

I posted a response to alot of the comments in this thread, and even complimented you.

You weren't here when the Barry fiasco started, and then Sid started defending him, and started a shitstorm doing so?

i don't think you understand what happened, but you kind of imply that you do. I would be careful about making generalized statements about things that happened before you got here.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Blog Entries

Stop lying.

I did not "bait" you nor did I "twist your words." I asked you a simple question, you refused to answer and now you're melting down.

By the way, there is no such word as "alot."
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post
    You weren't here when the Barry fiasco started, and then Sid started defending him, and started a shitstorm doing so?

i don't think you understand what happened, but you kind of imply that you do. I would be careful about making generalized statements about things that happened before you got here.
    Baka, I joined here (if I remember correctly) right about the time Barry did. I do remember Sid defending him (and the surrounding feud), but for the most part, didn't read much on it and fairly much stayed away from it. If I also remember correctly, they were friends somehow before Barry joined the board, and that Sid invited him.

While I don't pretend to know all the issues concerning some of the "personality clashes", I do believe that many are fueled by differences in political views, and I'm sure you'll agree that much of the shit-slinging has been a result of political posts and taunting. If I indicated in any of my posts that I know exactly all the issues around said feuds, I apologize to anyone offended and retract that (those) statements.

snip.....By the way, there is no such word as "alot."
    Bwaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, he's BAAAAAAAACK

Blog Entries

Here was my question:
    So Newfie according to your logic, it's okay for people to " up" and never apologize for it, correct?
    I did not "put words in your mouth" that's an incorrect statement from you which is synonomous with a lie.

Once again, the question is simple and it would be nice if you'd either say "Yes, that's okay in my book." or "No, you are wrong, I don't believe it's okay for people to "fuck up" and never apologize for it. I think they should man up and accept that they were wrong."

But instead you start whining and "slinging shit" as you falsely accused me of.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Newfie - I think baka hit the nail on the head.

Most of the "players" in this latest dust up have not been here to understand the context of the argument. Kinda like walking into a husband and wife screaming at each other and saying it's a bunch of noise and not in the least bit useful. Sure - at the moment is stinks - but it should (theoretically) lead to resolution (one way or the other). Hard for someone to judge who's right or wrong because there is no context - you have no history behind the current dispute. Siding with one or the other is really not the appropriate thing to do. Believe me - I've been there and done that. One of the most dangerous things you can do is to step in the middle of that...

Most of the current people upset by these events were not here when CC came to this board. Many were not here in previous disputes. Quite a few were not here for the genesis of the current dispute. Personal relationships between "disputees" and some of the people expressing frustrations with the current malaise did develop AFTER the dispute started - which would logically color (or colour, for you Canadians in the audience) your judgment. Honestly think about it - it really may not be in your means to understand what's going on. So, logically, opinions that you express will most likely ruffle one side or the other.

BTW - despite your best efforts to deny it - this is about as close as you can get to a full blown democracy. With all the craziness usually associated with being able to say pretty much what you want. There are limits - as in yelling "fire" in a crowded theater. What CC is saying is challenging, no doubt - but it does not rise to the level of "fire". Learn to accept there are differing viewpoints, and learn to argue with a mind that is not clouded by personal feelings.

In other words - develop a thick skin...

Here was my question:

I did not "put words in your mouth" that's an incorrect statement from you which is synonomous with a lie.

Once again, the question is simple and it would be nice if you'd either say "Yes, that's okay in my book." or "No, you are wrong, I don't believe it's okay for people to "fuck up" and never apologize for it. I think they should man up and accept that they were wrong."

But instead you start whining and "slinging shit" as you falsely accused me of.
    OK Bill, I thought I already answered your question, but here goes again:

SNIP...Kevin:

Yeah, if you fuck up, sure, let’s go dude, and I don’t believe anyone would have an issue with that. Wasn't my intention to imply that Pal.
    ....SNIP....
    Bill ……………… Bill ………..:

So we’re on opposite sides of the fence, but we both agree with Kevin??? I’m not talking about the one-time run-in-start-shit-run-out crap that everyone (almost) here will jump on. If you think that’s what’s getting my goat, then you should read my post again. ....SNIP
    So, if you're interested and if you can find it, please tell me where I said:

snip....it's okay for people to " up" and never apologize for it, correct?....snip

Hiya George.

No doubt this will come to a resolution one way or another. Unfortunately, it may mean people leaving unnecessarily, that's what I hate about the situation.

Someone please tell me if I'm 100% right, totally out to lunch, or somewhere in the middle when I say I believe much if this is fueled by political beliefs!! Like I said before, I don't really give a damn if you, or Sid, or Bill, or Barry, or whoever thinks the Republicans are better than the Democrats , or vice versa. I just don't think it should evolve to bad friendships here.

No, I don't have any history behind the current dispute, I'm just looking at the possible results. I don't believe I'm taking sides, either.

I like to think I have a thick skin and can stand up to quote a bit of crap, I just hate what's going on here. There was a thread quite a while ago about a "Home Board". I like this place (and the freedom allowed) and like the vast majority of the people.

This discussion, like many others, can have no settlement. Some people will always agree to disagree.

Agreed??

Hiya George.

No doubt this will come to a resolution one way or another. Unfortunately, it may mean people leaving unnecessarily, that's what I hate about the situation.

Someone please tell me if I'm 100% right, totally out to lunch, or somewhere in the middle when I say I believe much if this is fueled by political beliefs!! Like I said before, I don't really give a damn if you, or Sid, or Bill, or Barry, or whoever thinks the Republicans are better than the Democrats , or vice versa. I just don't think it should evolve to bad friendships here.

No, I don't have any history behind the current dispute, I'm just looking at the possible results. I don't believe I'm taking sides, either.

I like to think I have a thick skin and can stand up to quote a bit of crap, I just hate what's going on here. There was a thread quite a while ago about a "Home Board". I like this place (and the freedom allowed) and like the vast majority of the people.

This discussion, like many others, can have no settlement. Some people will always agree to disagree.

Agreed??

Honestly - the political discussion was getting out of hand. While I appreciate differing views and am not overly sensitive (I can take it as well as I dish it out) - there comes a "line" (as you say) of decency. You may be disturbed about CC's diatribe - but it doesn't even come close to some of the hateful, obnoxious, disrespectful, crude, vulgar and otherwise hurtful nonsense that was being posted in those earlier "political" discussions. Some of which (as you point out in the current scenario) led to good members packing it up and moving on, while others seriously assessed their continued presence on this board. Good people left because of the nonsense....

So - was it the purpose of the individual who was the nexus of the "discussions" to provide a glimpse into their political views? Or was it really intended to draw out individuals with opposing views to engage them in a head to head battle. I dunno..

I think at least a portion of the current discussions seems to be about whether or not there was a "conspiracy" - and how deep that "conspiracy" was. There is some pretty compelling evidence to support the view that at least one person was engaged in behavior that was suggestive of him trying to "control" the board, or "control" engagements. There is also some pretty compelling evidence that there was a calculated orchestration for certain events and individuals that are not participatory on our board came over here to influence the events.

You can draw your own conclusions based upon the adequate evidence that's available, if you care to look at it. It will definitely take some reading to get the full flavor of the conflict...

Remember, though - half the story is not the WHOLE story no matter how you try to paint it. Being there is more important than reading about it. For example, you no longer have the opportunity to test ideas and assumptions concurrent with the discussions in live time.

Boy it sure would be swell to get past all of this and move on to discussing cigars. And Utopia is a great place to be!!! In reality, though, I think we are never going to be away from disputes on our board - and we about about as close as we may come to living in Utopia.

Thanks George.

Just for my own interest, I'll sit this weekend with a smoke and a coffee or three and spend some time searching and reading. And I'll do it with an open mind!!

I'll also keep this part in mind too, it's pretty important IMHO:

Remember, though - half the story is not the WHOLE story no matter how you try to paint it. Being there is more important than reading about it. For example, you no longer have the opportunity to test ideas and assumptions concurrent with the discussions in live time.

Thread Information