Thread: My Name is Jason . . .

Default My Name is Jason . . .

and I am addicted to CigarBid.com.

The first step is admitting you have a problem

I found this site about two months ago. I have decided it is really addictive and expensive. Something about getting great cigars at a cheap price is too good to pass up. Doing this occasionally and in limited quantities would be fine but it is really easy to turn around and find you have 15 open bids

So . . . since my Humis are getting full and my checking account is getting smaller I must cut back.

So what is the point of my post you may be wondering . . . not much other than to say this is a great place to buy cigars. You can get some really good deals, the 5-packs are a great way to try something new and they are always shipped in good condition.

Just be careful . . .
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Jason,

I know I'm putting myself out here, but as a friend I'm willing to store/test any of your extra winnings.

Would hate to see all your hard earned money go to waste.

Don't thank me now. Just have them direct ship to me to help save you time and expense.

Blog Entries

I'm sure you're smart enough to not pay more than full retail there (unlike me ) so as long as you remember that, CBid is a pretty good place.

I tend to have a particular cigar in mind that I want to buy then look for the best price I can find. I almost never jump at specials or deals on domestics because most of the cigars I buy are the high end domestics like Opus X, Padron 1926, Añejo, etc. which are seldom if ever on CBid and when they are, they go for up to four times full retail

Most of my preferred smokes are not available on CBid

I've been on cigarbid for about three years. It is my second favorite cigar site.

For daily smokes like Onyx, you can't beat their box deals. Some people go insane and pay more than retail though. It is fun to watch.

Default Good Advice

Yeah I have seen some things go for really high prices. However, of the purchases I have made (mostly 5-packs) they have been less than $10 (generally $5 - $9) per pack.

The best time to get a deal on anything is right before the auction closes . . . especially those that close at either 5pm to 7pm EST or 10pm to 12am EST. Seems the activity then is much less frenzied. Of course you still have the "auto-bidders" to deal with.

Jason,

I know I'm putting myself out here, but as a friend I'm willing to store/test any of your extra winnings.

Would hate to see all your hard earned money go to waste.

Don't thank me now. Just have them direct ship to me to help save you time and expense.
    Sure . . . I have just the "extra" cigars in mind to send you . . . Spot, come here boy!

Actually, if you would like to trade "care packages" PM me and we can exchange addresses. I would be happy to send you a couple of my stash. Not that my stash is much to brag about.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Any stash is better than what I have at the moment. I still run to the local tobacco store and pick up few. I haven't even purchased my first box yet if you don't count it's a girl or boy cigar's. Give me time.

Blog Entries

Jaewing: "My name is Jason"
    Group: "Hi Jason"

Jaewing: "Hi. I am here today because I am addicted... to CBid"
    Group: <growns>
    Random Crack Head: “You in here for some CBid? CBid? Man this is some bull shit”
    Bob Saget: "CBid is not a drug! I used to suck dick for coke."
    Random Crack Head: "I seen him"
    Bob Saget: "Thats an addition man. You ever sucked some dick for some CBid?"

Jaewing: "No, No, I can't say I have"
    Bob Saget: "I didnt think so"

(sorry I've watched half baked way too many times)

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    Jaewing: "My name is Jason"
    Group: "Hi Jason"

Jaewing: "Hi. I am here today because I am addicted... to CBid"
    Group: <growns>
    Random Crack Head: “You in here for some CBid? CBid? Man this is some bull shit”
    Bob Saget: "CBid is not a drug! I used to suck dick for coke."
    Random Crack Head: "I seen him"
    Bob Saget: "Thats an addition man. You ever sucked some dick for some CBid?"

Jaewing: "No, No, I can't say I have"
    Bob Saget: "I didnt think so"

(sorry I've watched half baked way too many times)

nice

how much is the shipping on Cbid? that's one thing i hate about ebay and other online auctions, you can buy a ps2 for 7 bucks but its $280 to ship. ok, that's a little exagerated but still, how's the shipping costs normally?

SFG75 Guest

I haven't bidded in quite awhile, though I love to buy 5'ers just to sample what all is out there. Lots of good stuff if you do your homework. It's an awesome experience-getting cigars.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SFG75
    I haven't bidded in quite awhile, though I love to buy 5'ers just to sample what all is out there. Lots of good stuff if you do your homework. : It's an awesome experience-getting cigars.

"bidded"

LMFAO, a new word

how much is the shipping on Cbid? that's one thing i hate about ebay and other online auctions, you can buy a ps2 for 7 bucks but its $280 to ship. ok, that's a little exagerated but still, how's the shipping costs normally?
    Depends on how you go about shipping. You can have your items shipped daily or once a week. Also the individual rates for each item depends on how manyu are shipped at once.

What they do is look at the entire order being shipped. They charge the highest single shipping rate (which is clearly posted on every item ie. $3.95 for 5-packs) and then charge an additional $1 for every other item or an additional $.50 for additional 5-packs.

Last time I got 20 cigars (four 5-packs) and an empty cigar box and the total was $29.95 (shipping was $6.95).

Not Bad

not bad at all. i'll have to try them out once i get my first paycheck ( i just got a new job)

Congrats on the new job Mithril

Thread Information