I actually got home on time from work last night and felt like opening up a beer I've had in the fridge for a month. So here is a little review from my tasting notes.

Beer: Corsendonk Christmas Ale
Bottle: 750 ml
Brewer: Brouwerij Corsendonk in Belgium
Style: Belgian Strong Dark Ale Alcohol 8.5% ABV
Price: $9.99 a bottle

I poured this beer into a tulip shaped snifter. It poured reddish brown with a thick two fingered head that did not go down the entire duration of the drink. There was also a thick lace along the side of the glass as it was drank.

The arouma was of spice and fruits...plumbs and apples are what I noticed most. I thought I caught a whiff of clove in the nose.

So now we get to the taste. I was simply amazed with it. It was chocolaty and spicy with a sweet finish. You can pick up the malt flavor also. It adds quite a bit of flavor to the brew. It is highly carbonated...It makes your tounge tingle. The alcohol is noticable but is hidden pretty well by the malt. It is a thick filling beer. One bottle is more than enough to satisfy.

I gotta give this beer a 9.5 out of ten. I'm going out today to grab a couple more of these before they are gone.