View Poll Results: Do you keep the band on while you smoke?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 51.85%
  • No

15 55.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cigar bands-on or off

I voted yes......I leave mine on.

I belive that the band is part of the whole smoking experience. Just as much as pre-light aroma, etc.

The manufacturer put effort into the design of the band whether it be simple and understated like Montecristo's band or flashy like Sosa's. I like to see it as I smoke. Not a status thing, just a preference.

Is it critical? No.......but I leave it on till the burn gets close, then I take it off.

re: "Bandwagon USA" The site where you send in cigar bands for "discounts" on merchandise - I agree, its an effort of Lew Rothman's to make you think you're getting a bargain. No offense to Lew, I think JR's is a great place to buy cigars, but the Bandwagon bit is just a gimmick to sell crap at a profit while supposedly gathering "trade information". And of course that's just my opinion.

SFG75 Guest

Wink

O.K., I have a beef here. Perhaps I should've allowed for more options and what not. I guess it depends upon the kind of band that a given individual prefers. MMAB's post reminds me of that fact, as he mentioned the different characteristics of bands. I love the classy, but traditional band look of the Torano cigars. You have the family name, as well as the shield which gives it a taste of tradition. Double-banded cigars really annoy me. I think it's a bit over the top for the manufacturer to pull out onto the general cigar fan. I think the Brazilia band is rather tacky looking, kind of like driving around a hot pink BMW or something-it takes a good thing and just renders it..........to the absurd.

Overly plain bands aren't any better though. I can't stand to see a Sancho Panza band, too little effort and design went into theirs. Another simplistic one is the Padron bands, though the taste of the cigars truly make up for it!. Same thing goes with Graycliff-looks like some simplistic"me-generation" 80's thing IMHO.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    CC...Do ya drink alone too?
    How'd you know?

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    By the way..I did not vote because the "don't really care" choice was not available.

Man - you do an awful lot of not caring... Where's the love, brother!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SFG75
    O.K., I have a beef here. Perhaps I should've allowed for more options and what not. I guess it depends upon the kind of band that a given individual prefers. MMAB's post reminds me of that fact, as he mentioned the different characteristics of bands. I love the classy, but traditional band look of the Torano cigars. You have the family name, as well as the shield which gives it a taste of tradition. Double-banded cigars really annoy me. I think it's a bit over the top for the manufacturer to pull out onto the general cigar fan. I think the Brazilia band is rather tacky looking, kind of like driving around a hot pink BMW or something-it takes a good thing and just renders it..........to the absurd.

Overly plain bands aren't any better though. I can't stand to see a Sancho Panza band, too little effort and design went into theirs. Another simplistic one is the Padron bands, though the taste of the cigars truly make up for it!. Same thing goes with Graycliff-looks like some simplistic"me-generation" 80's thing IMHO.
    i know what you mean. the band normally sits on the table while i smoke for me to admire. (if its one to admire)

and i don't know why, but mx2 bands annoy me

6. Default

Has to be on for me. I agree with MMAB, I do like the aesthetic pleasure of contemplating my cigar as I smoke it. I (almost) take as much pleasure in looking at it, the way it is constructed, the size of it and the band are all part of the experience. Call me prude but you wouldn't remove your pants to smoke in public would you?

Well, unless you are in the comfort of your own home you should not submit your cigar to what you would not do yourselves!

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    and i don't know why, but mx2 bands annoy me
    It does? I can't stand the MX2 band either!. I absolutely hate double-banded cigars. Friends I smoke with even put their band on my cigar if I go in to get more coffee just to see my reaction. I hate them!(the bands)

Quote Originally Posted by Cohibanut
    Call me prude but you wouldn't remove your pants to smoke in public would you?

There is something wrong with that?!? PRUDE!!!!!!!

Default Actually.....

I like to remove my pants in public quite often. It IS legal (as long as you've got undies on).

my memory sucks so i dont know what i do. i keep one band, to remember the name, and if i find a cigar i like better then i replace that band. only problem there is i usually forget if i liked it or not. the band i have now says Eileens "something" by CAO, i beleive. i think it had a sweet taste to it. but nevertheless OK

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    There is something wrong with that?!? PRUDE!!!!!!!

I know, everytime I log in, I'm NAKED.

12. Default

And bear in mind that "pants" in England are not trousers! I was refferring to what you may call "undies"......

13. Default

You are one sick bastid.

14. Default

Me too. The only problem is, I'm at work.

Post Shame

I am a poor student so I take my bands off so nobody can tell how cheap my cigar is.

Thread Information