View Poll Results: Do you keep the band on while you smoke?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 51.85%
  • No

15 55.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cigar bands-on or off

SFG75 Guest

Red face Cigar bands-on or off

Yeah, what the title says...

On for me

4717 Clarendon Av. Fort Smith, Arkansas 72904

Probably lite it with the band on and get it stoked real good, then remove the band it just gets in the way.

Jim

I voted for both... sometimes i'll smoke it with the band on untill its about to get burned then i take it off, and sometimes i take it off right away...

ive read that historically if you were smoking with a group and someone was smoking a less expensive cigar then you then you were supposed to take your band off so the guy wouldnt feel bad for being unable to afford more expensive cigars.

I generally try to keep to that... dont smoke with groups much... but when i do i follow that rule...
    -=JStrider=-
    ~a woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke. -- Rudyard Kipling

~Clatto Verata Nicto

Blog Entries

OFF.

Most of the cigars I smoke don't have any bands but think that will change since new CABs will have bands starting sometime in '04.

The bands get in the way so I remove them even before I light the cigar.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JStrider
    I voted for both... sometimes i'll smoke it with the band on untill its about to get burned then i take it off, and sometimes i take it off right away...

ive read that historically if you were smoking with a group and someone was smoking a less expensive cigar then you then you were supposed to take your band off so the guy wouldnt feel bad for being unable to afford more expensive cigars.
    I generally try to keep to that... dont smoke with groups much... but when i do i follow that rule...
    Can't say that I run into that problem much since nobody likes me so I only smoke alone. I don't know why though......ya think it may have something to do with my sparkling personality?

Blog Entries

MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL?

I didn't know we had such an option.

i remove it unless it seems to be sticking to the cigar. then i wait til i've smoked it for about 5 minutes and it usually come off pretty easily. i rather take it off at the beginning than it interrupt me when its getting better.

i voted that keep it on, but this is only because i smoked them before i knew that is was more proper to remove them. so, my next smokes will be smoked without the bands.

I always take it off....to particular reason i guess.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    i remove it unless it seems to be sticking to the cigar. then i wait til i've smoked it for about 5 minutes and it usually come off pretty easily. i rather take it off at the beginning than it interrupt me when its getting better.
    That's an excellent suggestion Drake. I'm usually too clumsy or I don't have my reading glasses on when I'm peeling the band off and when they are indeed stuck to the wrapper, I don't realize it until it's too late so if you ever see me smoking a cigar with a patch or wraper missing where the band used to be, you'll know why

I voted that I keep it on . . . that is until I get to smoking down to the nub and it get in the way. No reason for keeping it on really . . . never really occurred to me.

Also for some reason I have kept the band of almost every cigar I have smoked.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

i usually seem to leave it on until 1/3 through then take it off, sometimes it comes off easier just as drake said, plus i usually smoke past the band anyways also i save the new bands.

Quote Originally Posted by jaewing
    I voted that I keep it on . . . that is until I get to smoking down to the nub and it get in the way. No reason for keeping it on really . . . never really occurred to me.

Also for some reason I have kept the band of almost every cigar I have smoked.
    there was a site where you can send in bands and get points for items (sort of like cigarettes have) most of the stuff you needed alot of points then also money too, and it seemed over priced, or maybe i'm just cheap, i'll post the site later if i can remember what it was.

Off for me before I even lite it.

Quote Originally Posted by QuietC
    there was a site where you can send in bands and get points for items (sort of like cigarettes have) most of the stuff you needed alot of points then also money too, and it seemed over priced, or maybe i'm just cheap, i'll post the site later if i can remember what it was.
    yeah...i saw that site...that stuff was way overpriced i think....like 200 points plus $250 for a humidor....100 points plus $40 for an ashtray...

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    yeah...i saw that site...that stuff was way overpriced i think....like 200 points plus $250 for a humidor....100 points plus $40 for an ashtray...
    Well, I know a site where you can buy fake Cuban bands and impress your friends!.

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Can't say that I run into that problem much since nobody likes me so I only smoke alone. I don't know why though......ya think it may have something to do with my sparkling personality?

CC...Do ya drink alone too?

18. Default

By the way..I did not vote because the "don't really care" choice was not available.

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    CC...Do ya drink alone too?
    Excellent song!! George Thoroughgood is awesome!.

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    By the way..I did not vote because the "don't really care" choice was not available.

:smartass:

:fu:

Thread Information