Thread: Wet behind the ears

1. Default Wet behind the ears

Hi, all. I'm very new to the cigar world and have just started wetting my pallet with their sweet taste. Was hoping some of you would be kind enough to give me some ideas as to where to pick up quality yet economical materials. And what I really need to get started. I don't have OC disorder yet. Just want to start small, maybe really small and see how it goes from there. Any ideas, thanks all.

4717 Clarendon Av. Fort Smith, Arkansas 72904

at one time a web site called www.cigar2u.com was offering a starter set for new smokers for about 20.00 (6) medium bodied cigars with a set of Cutters and a lighter. Might give them a try.

And welcome i am new myself.

Jim

Blog Entries

Don't worry about a humidor. Just go to Wal-Mart and get a Rubbermaid container for a few bucks and dampen a sponge for a humidifaction device. If you want to spend $20.00 or so on an "official" humidifier, then fine. If you do, I'd suggest these:

which are available from www.climmax.com

BEFORE you order, be sure to call him first (his name is Vern) so make sure he has what you want in stock.

What this site needs is a "Newbie Sampler Trade Thread" where a guy like you can either buy someone who has a large stash of cigars a box or just give cash in exchange for a "sampler" This will give you a nice variety of cigars to sample. Or you can go to your local cigar shop and let the sales guy talk you into buying whatever.....

welcome to CS! as a new member and smoker myself, i would suggest going to your cigar shop and ask what they would suggest. from what i can tell, they like to share their knowlge. i'm getting ready to experiment with few different cigars but lack the funds right now to do so.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by razrbakcrzy
    at one time a web site called www.cigar2u.com was offering a starter set for new smokers for about 20.00 (6) medium bodied cigars with a set of Cutters and a lighter. Might give them a try.

And welcome i am new myself.

Jim
    It doesn't appear they are offering that at this time. Razrbckcrazy, do you know where it was listed on that website (under which section)?

Oh I forgot, since razrbackcrazy has me on "ignore" he won't see this post and thus won't provide an answer to my question.

Razrbckcrazy, you really don't provide much use to the site if you're going to ignore people.

First . . . WELCOME to the board.

I bought my first humidor from Thompsons . . . sent it back . . . and went with CheapHumidors.com. They had a great selection and very reasonable prices. However, the advice to forgo the humi and go with a coolerdor or tupperdore is good, just get the humidifier and hygrometer if you are storing for any length of time. Why didn't I do that you may ask . . . I am a bit AR (meticulous, perfectionist . . . you all know what AR is right? ) and just had to have a real humidor. I guess I could have spent the $80 on smokes instead but I am happy with my humi.

Good luck and again . . . welcome.

- Jason

p.s. CigarBid.com is a great place to pick up a couple smokes of a certain brand at low prices, you may want to give them a try.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

if your going to start out real small, would it be alright to just place cigars in a ziplock bag? i'm not sure how long they'll stay fresh in one, but if your just going to buy 5 or so at a time, i would think that would work, maybe i'm wrong though. But you can find almost everything you need on the net, just make sure you look around, and dont just pick the first site you find.

or those himipouches that last 3 months for around $4 work pretty good

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jaewing
    First . . . WELCOME to the board.

I bought my first humidor from Thompsons . . . sent it back . . . and went with CheapHumidors.com. They had a great selection and very reasonable prices. However, the advice to forgo the humi and go with a coolerdor or tupperdore is good, just get the humidifier and hygrometer if you are storing for any length of time. Why didn't I do that you may ask . . . I am a bit AR (meticulous, perfectionist . . . you all know what AR is right? ) and just had to have a real humidor. I guess I could have spent the $80 on smokes instead but I am happy with my humi.

Good luck and again . . . welcome.

- Jason

p.s. CigarBid.com is a great place to pick up a couple smokes of a certain brand at low prices, you may want to give them a try.

I too, can testify that cheaphumidors.com is a reputable source. I have a 300 count El Diablo humidor. Welcome to CSmokers by the way!.

i've never ordered from there, always thought the shipping was a bit high. Maybe not for humidors but for the smaller things.

Default Though I have never tried it . . .

I have been told that ZipLock baggies with a small humi bag works good. My local shop has them for about $.50 and say they last 3 months. All you have to do is soak the small bag of crystals in distilled water for about 30 sec. and put it in it little plastic bag. Then place that into the ziplock . . . Viola
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Thread Information