Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lone Star Herf

I just looked up Pflugerville and I could make it there, sounds good to me. I'm fine with a backyard, I don't need anything fancy. Just a good strong chair that my big fat ass won't break.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    What, like titties?
    'zactly. No loud titties. Fucks me up every time.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    What sort of work? Is it servicable? Cool that you're open to the idea. Can I sleep on your couch? j/k.

ok, feedback from you other guys.
    I'm not really sure. Pretty much it has just been sitting outside, for about a year. I haven't even really looked at it yet.

Oh and I'm completely open to the idea, as for the woman of the house, that's a different story....
    End of line.

I don't need a place to stay, I plan to drive up in the AM and come back in the PM. If I need a place to crash, there is a Candlewood near your house on I-35 I can crash at. No problem.

Blog Entries

I don't need anything to crash on. Austin is just a short distance away.

ok ya'll, for the record, I don't need a place to crash either. Hence the "j/k", for just kidding.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Cool ! Sounds like this is going somewhere now ! Glad your open to the backyard idea ! Same as Basil said...any help we can be let us know. I always have a travel bag ready...but sounds like this time it'll include a lawn chair & a cooler-doir ! I want to add this...(and dont hate lol) but my wife (sportsfan,beer drinker,card player) usually travels with me and id probly have her tag along, so im wanting ya'lls take on women joining in..

Did i miss something? I didn't see a date yet.

I'm up for this too, how about we start throwing around dates in June to see what would work best? Weekends are best for me, but I'm on vacation the whole week of Memorial Day so any day that week would work as well.

The only weekend in June I can make is June 16th or 17th. June 2nd is Don Pepin Garica here in Houston, at Serious Cigars (It is our honor to host cigar master Don Pepin Garcia for what will be a most memorable event at our store. We anticipate this will be one of the most attended smokers we have ever had. Deals and plans will follow.) The other weekends i have my kids.

Brenham, TX.....home of BlueBell Ice Cream!

sorry i missed this thread, i was in CA when yal started it. im down for a get together in Austin..only 1.5 hr drive for me and i have a place to crash in pville if i need!

Okay, I just took a look at my grill, and it needs some repair but it is serviceable. I've already ordered the parts it needs so by the time we do this it will be like new. I suggest doing this sometime right after Memorial day, since I'm sure that weekend will be busy for a lot of people.
    End of line.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWidow View Post
    Okay, I just took a look at my grill, and it needs some repair but it is serviceable. I've already ordered the parts it needs so by the time we do this it will be like new. I suggest doing this sometime right after Memorial day, since I'm sure that weekend will be busy for a lot of people.
    Ok well June works for me as long as it is on a weekend.

Nice ! Getting it going ! I also want to attend the Don Pepin Garcia event 6/2 (H-Town) and figure i'll still be dragging from Memorial Day weekend so, does anyone mind 6/9 ? (thats 6/9 not 69 !) Wife just let me know we had Kenny Chesney tickets for 6/15. Dang I really want this to happen ! Wondering if /why Don Pepin wouldnt be in Austin about the same time (6/10 or so), since he's in Texas ! Calling Habana House now...brb

I am definitely in!!

I'm in Clear Lake (South of Houston) and the Austin area is definitely easier than Dallas for me. I'm a complete newbie at the cigar thing so don't expect anything stellar there from me, but I'm a pro at the backyard grill

June sometime works for me, the weekend of the 16th would be best since the wifey won't be in town.

I also have a travel grill (Coleman road-trip) that we can use, not that big but it will work for overflow.

I wonder if we should try and take an initial head count to get an idea of the size of this thing.

spiffy

Just wanted to bump this one up. Kinda lost steam here recently and wanted to see if anyone was still interested.

spiffy

Blog Entries

I would be very interested in doing this. Hopefully it will be soon. Because in a few months I probably will be going to do my job in another location.

Think...

Military

Someplace else

And I'll be back in a while and get you the picture.

Lopaka

Blog Entries

Bump...are we interested in this?

Blog Entries

I will be in Dallas July 4th - 8th
    and in Houston August 4th - 7th

I'm down either... although I'll be going to the RTDA during the day in August, so it might be beneficial to HERF it up then.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

If you all still would like to do this and have me come to it, beginning of Aug would be the best time. Anytime after the 2nd week of Aug is family time. They are going to try and give me some down time before I leave and I plan on staying with the family as much as possible.

My parents are going to be here 4th July week, so that is completely out. Although, I'll be in Dallas that day until we make the drive to SA. Hex, we may have to get together just to meet and share a smoke. That's about it. My family will be with me. PM me and we'll chat.

Please don't plan this around me if you all want to get together. As much as I would love to Herf with you all, I don't want to be the center focus of this.

Lopaka

NOTE: 4 Aug a no go...Wife's Birthday.
    Last edited by Lopaka; 06-19-2007 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Add really important date...

Thread Information