16 61.54%
  • 30 Day Suspension

0 0%
  • No Ban

10 38.46%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: bigpoppapuff ban poll

bigpoppapuff Guest

i don't need to apologize for my illnesses,bill...i have severe sleep apnea...type 2 diabetes,and the early stages of alzheimers...i'm almost 57 and do a little reading about the disease before you look like more of a putz....

bigpoppapuff Guest

Introduction
    Alzheimer’s (AHLZ-high-merz) disease is a progressive brain disorder that gradually destroys a person's memory and ability to learn, reason, make judgments, communicate and carry out daily activities. As Alzheimer’s progresses, individuals may also experience changes in personality and behavior, such as anxiety, suspiciousness or agitation, as well as delusions or hallucinations.

There are now more than 5 million people in the United States living with Alzheimer’s disease. This number includes 4.9 million people over the age of 65 and between 200,000 and 500,000 people under age 65 with early-onset Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.

Although there is currently no cure for Alzheimer’s, new treatments are on the horizon as a result of accelerating insight into the biology of the disease. Research has also shown that effective care and support can improve quality of life for individuals and their caregivers over the course of the disease from diagnosis to the end of life.

Dementia
    Alzheimer’s is the most common form of dementia, a group of conditions that all gradually destroy brain cells and lead to progressive decline in mental function. Vascular dementia, another common form, results from reduced blood flow to the brain’s nerve cells. In some cases, Alzheimer’s disease and vascular dementia can occur together in a condition called "mixed dementia." Other causes of dementia include frontotemporal dementia, dementia with Lewy bodies, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease and Parkinson’s disease. See Related Diseases for more information.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinDVM View Post
    So, video incident aside, your entire argument is... bpp is being mean to billy

Nice.
    ...you really are the imbecile everyone has told me about!

Re-read this thread and you'll see there's a lot more to it than that.

I'm glad sid has a friend who is as wise and reasonable as you. A bunch of chatter and insults with no facts to back him up with ...

4. Unhappy

Sid,

Show Sarge a little respect.

If I upset anybody with the bird flip, I apologize. This stuff is just getting old.
    Last edited by Dickson; 04-10-2007 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Apology
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

john51277 Guest

I was going to stay out of "this ban" but I am tired of hearing it. I have been here a few months, read a whole hell of alot of posts, and have came to my own conclusion that BPP is not the type of person I want to associate with on a forum. Hex, It is up to you wether or not my vote should count, but I believe BPP is here only when he feels like starting an arguement. If that is what he is going to contribute, I say ban him. I apologize if I offend anyone with this vote.

6. Default

sid, I'm genuinely sorry you've been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. With the treatments they have today, they can considerably slow the process down and I hope the doctors are acting accordingly.

I've also heard that they've been dumping a lot of money into finding a cure due to how many people contract this disease every year. They wouldn't be surprised if one came available in the next 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    "...Alzheimer's affects one's MEMORY, it doesn't turn them into...<fill in the blank of what sid has become>"
    I have to agree. While I'm sorry you have Alzheimer's, this doesn't excuse your behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by godfather View Post
    ...you really are the imbecile everyone has told me about!

Re-read this thread and you'll see there's a lot more to it than that.

I'm glad sid has a friend who is as wise and reasonable as you. A bunch of chatter and insults with no facts to back him up with ...
    And look at you just ooze stupid.
    I know all about the hard-on bill has for bpp, which he should really get help for...you know, an erection lasting more than 4 hours and all.

I see a repeating theme here... bill gets a bug up his ass for someone, he gathers support from his base (that's you stupid), and he attacks over and over, resting only long enough to regroup his sycophants. He keeps attacking, whining, and throwing hissy fits untill he gets what he wants.

So, you and bills other jock straps just keep on blowing crap way out of proportion, after all, blowing things is what you do best.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff View Post
    i don't need to apologize for my illnesses,bill...i have severe sleep apnea...type 2 diabetes,and the early stages of alzheimers...i'm almost 57 and do a little reading about the disease before you look like more of a putz....
    I know more about it than you sid, that's for damned sure you putz.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinDVM View Post
    And look at you just ooze stupid.
    I know all about the hard-on bill has for bpp, which he should really get help for...you know, an erection lasting more than 4 hours and all.

I see a repeating theme here... bill gets a bug up his ass for someone, he gathers support from his base (that's you stupid), and he attacks over and over, resting only long enough to regroup his sycophants. He keeps attacking, whining, and throwing hissy fits untill he gets what he wants.

So, you and bills other jock straps just keep on blowing crap way out of proportion, after all, blowing things is what you do best.
    post reported. Keep it up barry and you'll get banned again.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

enough

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Keep it up barry and you'll get banned again.

Blog Entries

This is seriously getting out of control. I'm not sure what its going to take for you guys to straighten things out, but its time to get this BS over with.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

13. Default

This is the first I've heard about the supposed "Alzheimer's." While he was screming at me on the phone in November, he tried the same sympathy crap with me but it was a completely different disease (at that time it was diabetes). My mother and all of her sisters had Alzheimer's and it didn't affect them until they were in their 80's. sid says he's in his late 40s so I highly doubt he's suffering any effects from this alledged disease at this point. Alzheimer's affects one's MEMORY, it doesn't turn them into belligerent, bigoted assholes who conciously and systematically act like scumbags behind the scenes and spend better parts of their days deliberately causing trouble on a freakin' internet board.

So tell me Ken, you're in Law Enforcement correct? When a suspect kills someone, do you let him off when he tells you he did it because he was having a bad day?

Bill...Altzheimers affects people differently. I have an aunt that is mid-stage and she is sweet and nice one minute and she is bellegerant and a total asshole in her acting out state...She breaks down mentally. Another symptom is memory loss. It's followed my the breakdown on the nervous system that eventually kills the person with it. She has called her nursing staff things I apologized to them for. The next instant she is calling them honey and sweety.

By the way my dad shows signs of it. If in fact he has it I stand a 50% chance of getting it... According to the docs I've talked to about it.

It does start showing signs in people as young as 40...I've seen it. My aunt is in a ward that is made for people with it. In my conversations with staff it can have an early onset.

Yep...I'm in law enforcment. I deal with people that have had a bad day every day. Do I let em off the hook...Hell no. I lock em up and let the courts decide what's best. Sometimes they let em go to treatment or they sentance em to jail...Kinda like what is going on here.

I think Sid is in his mid 50's...Not late 40s.

post reported. Keep it up barry and you'll get banned again.
    Yep, he's back to his old self.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post

This is seriously getting out of control. I'm not sure what its going to take for you guys to straighten things out, but its time to get this BS over with.
    Maybe another poll will make things better.

Hex, I applaud you for what you are trying to do with this board, but you can't continue to do things the same way and expect different results. History will repeat itself, and probably within the next 6 months or so, regardless of who is here. I think you know what it will take to fix the board. You're the only one who can.

And I am not referring to any particular person or group here. If you want to hold to a standard you need to define one better than you have. If anything can go, anything will go, including the members setting the standards that you should be setting. If that's what you want this board to be, then you shouldn't be making statements like the one in your last post, and you shouldn't make promises off line that you can't or won't uphold. Consensus is all fine and good, but when a consensus can't be reached somebody needs to step in and make a decision. That's the piece that's missing here.

Blog Entries

Consensus is all fine and good, but when a consensus can't be reached somebody needs to step in and make a decision. That's the piece that's missing here.
    I agree, action will be taken very soon. I'm in the process of matching things up in the logs right now....
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    Look at me
    Don't look at me
    I know you are looking at me
    Why aren't you looking at me
    Stop looking at me
    I'm leaving ,dont look at my ass on the way out
    I see you looking at me leaving.........
    Promises ,promises
    Last edited by kevin7; 04-10-2007 at 09:15 PM.
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Promises ,promises
    As I've said before...as soon as my obligations are completed you can bet on it. Until then you're stuck with me.

Enough's been said on this issue. No need to rehash it. sid is what he is - and has no apologies for it (only excuses). Seriously - it's sad...

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    I agree, action will be taken very soon. I'm in the process of matching things up in the logs right now....
    I think you need to pay attention to where this poll is going, Hex - there is a pretty substantial group of senior members of this board voting to ban sid. I think that's a pretty significant consensus and a pretty strong message...

...or do you think they they are all Bill's "asslicker's", as one member would have you believe.

Thread Information