• 30 Day Suspension

0 0%
  • No Ban

10 38.46%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: bigpoppapuff ban poll

Blog Entries

Default bigpoppapuff ban poll

A ban poll has been requested for bigpoppapuff by several members. The rules are the same as always. Regardless of the outcome of this poll, I mean for this to bring closure to the current situation.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

damn, all this again? i'll let you FOG's fight this one out this time...

I don't think Sid should be banned. What I honestly do belive is that he SHOULD APPALOGIZE TO THE ENTIRE BOARD NOT JUST CHRIS for his video. That video might and probably did offend more than just Chris so an outright public apology should be there.

There is one more point I want to make. If you think I am out of line be it.

This is not the first time this board has his the shitter with the fighting going on. That is a bad thing not just for those involved but for everyone on the board. If I just saw this place and what happened I would have never joined, I am sure the same goes for a lot of people.
    Many have left over exactly what is going on or happened in the past and some of these people are were great contributors.

I think averyone who was involved in this feud owes the entire board an apology. Because no matter if you were fighting to keep the boards honor your actions brought more of a disgrace than any of the benefits you were seeking for.

Also this is a good thing for HEX to think about: Unless you put some disceplanary measure going forward, you will get more of these feuds in the future. Think carefully how that will reflect on the board as a whole and its place in the cigar community in general.

As for myself I am no hippocrate and want to end this message by being the first to appologize to everyone if I have been in any way disrespectfull or otherwise wronged anyone here.

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan View Post
    I don't think Sid should be banned. What I honestly do belive is that he SHOULD APPALOGIZE TO THE ENTIRE BOARD NOT JUST CHRIS for his video. That video might and probably did offend more than just Chris so an outright public apology should be there.
    This is pure manure, and Hex, sorry, but you are still just dancing around this matter. Sid should have been gone long ago without benefit of a ban poll and you know it. To this day he still claims he did nothing wrong.

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showpost...40&postcount=7

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    I have made the decision to ban members for making racist/bigot comments from this point on. I agree that the remarks in question do not belong here but I can not in good conscience ban a member retroactively.
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t2170-ra...tatements.html

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    Cigarsmokers.com is a friendly community of like minded brothers of the leaf. This is not the place to express derogatory views or remarks. Members making any statements based on race, religion, culture or sexuality are subject to being banned.
    According to your own rules, Sid should be gone without benefit of a ban poll.

big·ot (bĭg'ət) Pronunciation Key
    n. One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

big·ot /ˈbɪgət/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[big-uht]
    –noun
    a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    i never said i hate repugs.....i hate the right-wing Christian repugs (such as shrub (aka shitstaingeorge).....and i approve of this message.....

I agree, but there is more to it that just the video.

I think averyone who was involved in this feud owes the entire board an apology..
    I agree.

Also this is a good thing for HEX to think about: Unless you put some disceplanary measure going forward, you will get more of these feuds in the future. Think carefully how that will reflect on the board as a whole and its place in the cigar community in general.

I don't agree. I don't see this sort of thing happening in the future. This all spawns from a failed coup and its fall out. Add Barry, threats, welching on bets and here we are.

As for myself I am no hippocrate and want to end this message by being the first to appologize to everyone if I have been in any way disrespectfull or otherwise wronged anyone here.
    I have seen you do nothing to which you would have to apologize.

BBP - we have a problem here. You have played the silent game and its hurting you more than helping. You are well aware of what needs to be addressed. By choosing not to address them you are jeopardizing your affiliation with this board.

I am going to hold off on voting to give you a chance to address all these past issues. If you choose not to, I will assume them to be true and I will be left with no choice but to vote to ban you.

I still hope it doesn't come down to that.

Edit - I'll vote tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by nhcigarfan; 04-10-2007 at 12:24 PM.

With regards to the video, I have the same understanding as Shagaroo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan View Post

There is one more point I want to make. If you think I am out of line be it.

This is not the first time this board has his the shitter with the fighting going on. That is a bad thing not just for those involved but for everyone on the board. If I just saw this place and what happened I would have never joined, I am sure the same goes for a lot of people.
    Many have left over exactly what is going on or happened in the past and some of these people are were great contributors.
    I think averyone who was involved in this feud owes the entire board an apology. Because no matter if you were fighting to keep the boards honor your actions brought more of a disgrace than any of the benefits you were seeking for.

Who are these "many" of which you speak? SFG75, PuroBrat, Corona Gigante, tony dogs, walkinghammer, 420seth, Oblik, Amanda, TBS Cigars, chugg, Iced T, neuromancer, the ox, razrbckcrazy? I still am waiting for someone to tell me which supposedly "great contributors" we lost because I can't think of a single one. There are over 2500 members here and the people who have either been run off or banned aren't missed one bit.

Dan, I'm really starting to wonder about you.......
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Who are these "many" of which you speak? SFG75, PuroBrat, Corona Gigante, tony dogs, walkinghammer, 420seth, Oblik, Amanda, TBS Cigars, chugg, Iced T, neuromancer, the ox, razrbckcrazy? I still am waiting for someone to tell me which supposedly "great contributors" we lost because I can't think of a single one. There are over 2500 members here and the people who have either been run off or banned aren't missed one bit.

snip..

I was wondering this myself. The only guy I remember leaving, and I didn't know why but assumed it was because of the barry crap, was shag, but he is back.

However, I'm not concerned about Dan.

I have to agree with Shagaroo, an insta-ban is well deserved.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Dan, I'm really starting to wonder about you.......
    I can actually name a few guys who aren't around anymore, no idea what there reasons are as they did not say why they are gone, but Godfather and Ukyfan come to mind first off. I hope they didn't leave because of this type of deal but you really never know.

As far as the BPP thing goes I agree with Shag.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by prophetic_joe View Post
    I can actually name a few guys who aren't around anymore, no idea what there reasons are as they did not say why they are gone, but Godfather and Ukyfan come to mind first off. I hope they didn't leave because of this type of deal but you really never know.

As far as the BPP thing goes I agree with Shag.
    Godfather is around so he has not left.

Ukyfan was here an hour ago and still posts pretty regularly so he hasn't left either.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 04-10-2007 at 01:52 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

12. Lightbulb Bye Bye Sid...

You're done here sid, plain and simple...

I've been gone a while and had the chance to "catch up" on what's been going on.

All in all, I'm really disappointed to see the downturn you've taken with this board. This isn't the sid I remember when I was actively posting on this board.

---

These are a couple of your posts that raised red flags:

1)

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showpost...35&postcount=1

Short version:

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff

1) .."my friendship with george can never be repaired...his stalking me and posting lies tells me what kind of person he really is..."

2) Oh and let's not forget this: "want me gone??.......say the word......george...you can fuck yourself!!..."
    ---

2)

Telling stjohnroe to "go .... himself" for not liking your youtube post?!?

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnroe
    Too much of the youtube already.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpp
    don't like 'em...don't look at 'em...GFY!!!!
    Link: http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showthre...&highlight=GFY

---

I'm not sure what happened to you, but you're done. You're done mainly for the fact that you have CLEARLY STATED you will NOT apologize and have done NOTHING wrong.

Your behavior and bad examples you set for this board for new members are definitely a concern for me.

---

For the rest of you that have "beef" with Bill, I'll let you in on a little secret:

- Bill will call a spade a spade.

- He holds people to a higher standard than what SOME would like to be held accountable for.

- What I FAIL to see is that Bill is an ESTABLISHED member of this board and respected. If he was really that bad of a guy, he would have been gone LONG ago as history has taught us about these boards.

- Set aside your ego, genuinely apologize, admit to your mistake, and he'll move on. I've seen this happen several times.

- Otherwise prepare to dig yourself deeper and deeper until you can't get out of the hole you've dug. You will be held accountable for your actions until then.

I should have just sold this advice...
    Last edited by godfather; 04-10-2007 at 02:52 PM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries

sid is not about building a community, he's ALL about building factions, carrying grudges and trashing people behind one another's backs.

When he was on the war path with CigarNoBaka, sid called me on the phone and he had himself all worked up into a tizzy about this thread:

L'Shana Tovah

sid posted something that MANY of us had no idea what it meant and he lets loose on CigarNoBaka for no reason as the referenced thread proves beyond a doubt.

So while sid is ranting on and on and on to me on the telephone about what an ignorant POS CigarNoBaka is, I kept telling him, "Sid, I don't see it that way at all. I have MANY, MANY Jewish friends and I have NEVER heard the term 'L'Shana Tovah' in my life." All of a sudden, sid gets real silent and uncomfortable and tells me he's gotta go. Come to find out, "L'Shana Tovah" is a term that Jews pretty much only use among themselves and us gentiles (non-Jews) aren't expected evern by the Jewish community to know WTF that means.

It was at that point sid felt I "betrayed" him because I refused to jump on the "Let's beat the crap out of CigarNoBaka" bandwagon and he and I never spoke on the phone again until that day he called me in early November when he was SCREAMING obscenities at me that I had to hang up on him because he was acting like an insane person who forgot to take his medications. He then called my house at least TEN other times that day. Needless to say, I didn't answer the phone and thankfully, I don't have an answering machine or I'm sure I would have been subjected to a litany of vulgarity and nasty language from this guy.

So at that point, I now become the target of sid's smear campaign and ggiese can tell you a similar story about how sid treated him the same way when he refused to join the "Let's beat the crap out of CC86" bandwagon that sid was putting together at the time.

sid has been banned from Herfer's Paradise (which is a fairly reputable LARGE cigar board) for similar behavior. Then he starts up the CigarRebellion Board with UpStateMike and actually came here to recruit members. Well wouldn't you know it, sid gets into some stupid "beef" with UpStateMike and crashes and burns on CigarRebellion and winds up getting banned from there leaving him no place to play his sick games anymore other than here.

It is absolutely amazing to me that people who I used to think were fairly intelligent and reasonable people either cannot or refuse to see this and actually think keeping this guy here is a good move.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 04-10-2007 at 04:01 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

I used to have a great deal of respect for Sid. He has a vast industry knowledge and shared a lot of tips and experience with us not-so-senior members. He had the Ask BPP thread going on which was simply comical. He and I talked on the phone and had a wonderful converstion about the ins and outs of cigars and forums etc. We have had kind email exchanges and have bombed one-another.

Looking back, I started to lose this respect with the Baka exchanges (DVM involved as well) and the whole anti-republican agenda which was quite obvious. I did not put too much seriousness into this at the time and figured folks were voicing their differences, admiring the diversity of the board, and that shit would eventually blow over.

Sid would stand behind members in spats (old and new- myself included). But late last year this started to change when he indicated in a thread or two that Baka was a piece of shit and that Sid would see to it that he was chased off. I do not recall the exact words used, but that was the message. This was so contradictory to the Sid I thought I knew. This is also more reflective of "stalking" behavior than anything CC has been accused of...

Things really went sour in my mind when, as GF points out, BPP told stjohnroe to go F*** himself over a youtube opinion. Very reactional. stjohnroe, in my time here, has been nothing but a true gentleman.

Sids posts have become less about cigars and less comical. They are now so trivial, one wonders the meaning behind some of this.

As for Shelby. I like Shelby. Not only because we have met and herfed, but also because he is a generous BOTL who embraces the spirit of this hobby we all share. My perception is that he has been pulled into the middle of this and has uneedingly been associated with BPP along with, say DVM. Shelby is not a Barry. He has strong opionions- sure, but is not narrowminded enough to choose either black or white in most situations.

On a final note, I have yet to see BPP apologize for any of these blemishes. Others, Bill included, have at least had the sack to say they were sorry when communications have gotten out of hand. Sorry, Sid, but you have gone from a forum role-model to an angry obstinate personality in the last few months.

Rant-off
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Blog Entries

Excellent points slcraiders.

sid REFUSES to ever admit he's wrong and he's nasty and vicious. He's had almost SIX MONTHS to rectify the situation and he absolutely refuses to.

A temporary ban will accomplish nothing, he needs to be shown the door permanently.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

16. Cool Good Point Bill

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    It was at that point sid felt I "betrayed" him because I refused to jump on the "Let's beat the crap out of CigarNoBaka" bandwagon
    Funny how sid suddenly did a 180 on all of us.

Remember the days when he heavily criticized YOU and THIS BOARD for running people off?

If not, let's review:

1) FPDoc77 comes to mind: http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t2878-cc-and-the-doc.html

In addition to that thread, sid refused to help ban "FPDoc" because he thought he was a good guy...

2) Let's not forget about his "I'm pissed off at this board rant":

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t4140-im-pissed-off.html

---

Funny how when sid has his "own agenda" it's ok to call individuals out publically. HOWEVER when people like CC or others "call people out" it's NOT ok. You're a hypocrite sid, plain and simple.

I do agree with slcraiders. I had respect for you too once upon a time ago sid.

sid is not about building a community, he's ALL about building factions, carrying grudges and trashing people behind one another's backs.

When he was on the war path with CigarNoBaka, sid called me on the phone and he had himself all worked up into a tizzy about this thread:

L'Shana Tovah

sid posted something that MANY of us had no idea what it meant and he lets loose on CigarNoBaka for no reason as the referenced thread proves beyond a doubt.

So while sid is ranting on and on and on to me on the telephone about what an ignorant POS CigarNoBaka is, I kept telling him, "Sid, I don't see it that way at all. I have MANY, MANY Jewish friends and I have NEVER heard the term 'L'Shana Tovah' in my life." All of a sudden, sid gets real silent and uncomfortable and tells me he's gotta go. Come to find out, "L'Shana Tovah" is a term that Jews pretty much only use among themselves and us gentiles (non-Jews) aren't expected evern by the Jewish community to know WTF that means.

It was at that point sid felt I "betrayed" him because I refused to jump on the "Let's beat the crap out of CigarNoBaka" bandwagon and he and I never spoke on the phone again until that day he called me in early November when he was SCREAMING obscenities at me that I had to hang up on him because he was acting like an insane person who forgot to take his medications. He then called my house at least TEN other times that day. Needless to say, I didn't answer the phone and thankfully, I don't have an answering machine or I'm sure I would have been subjected to a litany of vulgarity and nasty language from this guy.

So at that point, I now become the target of sid's smear campaign and ggiese can tell you a similar story about how sid treated him the same way when he refused to join the "Let's beat the crap out of CC86" bandwagon that sid was putting together at the time.

sid has been banned from Herfer's Paradise (which is a fairly reputable LARGE cigar board) for similar behavior. Then he starts up the CigarRebellion Board with UpStateMike and actually came here to recruit members. Well wouldn't you know it, sid gets into some stupid "beef" with UpStateMike and crashes and burns on CigarRebellion and winds up getting banned from there leaving him no place to play his sick games anymore other than here.

It is absolutely amazing to me that people who I used to think were fairly intelligent and reasonable people either cannot or refuse to see this and actually think keeping this guy here is a good move.

Thanks Bill. Good points showing how BPP aka Sid gets on a hate-filled warpath and will slam you and attempt to make you look like you're wrong, and in his attempts to do so, continues to dig his own hole. And it's no surprise he has been banned at other boards, if he acts the same way he does here.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Chris correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he was offended by the video. Chris knows how ridiculous the message was in that video and would never associate himself with a message like that.

I think Chris and I share similar beliefs and the video did not offend me. Honestly I still don't know if the guy in the video is for real or not. If so, ...........geez.......

19. Default

Sid...You need to make a statment on your behalf. If not I encourage you to resign your account. At least you would leave with dignity that way.

You have been a friend to me and I appreciate that...But your silence is disturbing. If hex told you to be silent that is is of no matter now. Your back is against the wall and the clock is ticking.

I'm gonna have to vote on this one...But I'd rather wait till after you make some kind of statment. My vote will be for the good of the board as I see it. One way or another this is a major turning point.

Speak your mind...Resign...Or accept whatever happens. I'm sorry it's come to this.

Wake up and smell the crap you're shoveling.

Bill, and his buddies, are angelic, and Sid's the devil.

You people are absolutely asinine. Now I remember why I quit posting so much.

Thread Information