Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Athletes Out There?

Default Any Athletes Out There?

I know we all like to talk about sports and watch sports, but who out there actually plays a sport?

It could be club stuff, company softball league, whatever.

As for me, I play tennis at the HS Varsity level, first match tomorrow.

Anyone else play sports?
    When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
    When sorrows like sea billows roll;
    Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
    It is well, it is well, with my soul.

played football throughout highschool, was team captain this year, i'm gonna miss it a lot

i quit bball after my junior year because i realized i would get no playing time, but i still play ball with the team during the offseason because i love it

Football, track and cross-country in high school. Now I play rugby for Cal U of PA. I'm the captain this season, which means I have to try to keep 14 rugby players behaving themselves on the field. Not the most fun job in the world.

I play soccer every week still. Just an adult rec league though. Played hockey, soccer, and baseball through high school. I still play hockey when I get a chance, but mostly just pick up.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

I played tennis and basketball in High School.

Now I play golf and tennis. I just finally have my golf swing worked out.

Blog Entries

I run long distance. Currently training to run a Marathon.

I also coach youth sports.

Blog Entries

I played football and various other sports (mainly to get in shape for football - track, soccer, weightlifting team) in high school. I was on a good 2 year stretch of lifting weights and jogging 3 or 4 times a week, but the last couple of months have been pretty busy, so I've neglected the workout regimen.. I got to get back on it.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by countnikon View Post
    I played tennis and basketball in High School.

Now I play golf and tennis. I just finally have my golf swing worked out.
    Oh yeah, do you inhale or exhale during your backswing?

I'm a tennis player. Was on Varsity back in the day.

I was looking into boxing, but then I went and broke my hand last August. Now I'm just trying to get back into shape.

I love long-distance running. Would like to do it competitively someday.

Never really played any sports in high school. I went to a small school that didn't have a football team, which I really wanted to play. In an attempt to motivate myself, I have found a 5k run/walk in a couple months that I am going to participate in. Here is a visual for you: A 5'11", 250 lbs, bald korean guy running roughly 3 miles early one morning. My wife (and pretty much everyone else) thinks I am nuts, but who cares, my goal is just to not be the last one across the line. And yes, I am prepared to take out the little old lady if it comes down between the two of us.

Columbus/Canton, OH (home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame!!!)

I currently play football at Walsh University in Canton, OH (we play at the Pro Football Hall of Fame, doesn't get much better than that fellas). It's a D-II school with some big time talent. It's definately a whole new level and a lot of fun/work. Not sure if cigars are the best thing for me but hey, you only live once right?

12. Default

I play 2nd string outside center on the rugby team at Mississippi State. It was pretty odd how I got into it. I barely even knew what rugby was until about three weeks ago I went to watch them practice out of curiosity plus some of my buddies play and later in the practice I ended up running some drills with them just for poops and giggles. I enjoyed it so I kept showing up and they gave me a position. Playing really makes me wish I wasn't such a little dude so I could just plow through the defensive line a little easier but I'm working on it. It is a rough sport, though. I got 2 bruised ribs the first day we were hitting and I could talk all day about the injuries I saw at our tournament Saturday.

Also, in high school I did all kinda crap including basketball, tennis, and even a year of cheerleading but focused on cross country.

But I'm by no means "athletic" nor am I in good shape haha.

i played football for a year at ohio northern university in ada ohio, quit to transfer cuz i hated the school. played football and lacrosse all throught high school. wrestled for two years. i now coach lacrosse at pickerington highschool in columbus ohio.
    Mark 8:36

14. Default

Baseball in High School, Now at age 35 I play a ton of competitive Softball.

In HS i played 2 years of football, O line. Wrestled for 4 years 215 and 189 weight classes. LAcrosse for 4 years. LEttled two years and as a freshman i played with the varsity when we went to states. In college i tired out all 4 years for the lacrosse club but only palyed one year b/c i always had exams during try-outs. I skiied and went through USMC OCS in college too. Now, I play on a post collegic lacrosse team, we have some sponsors so i guess i'm semi pro. I also play two hand touch football with my company and softball in the spring.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

16. Default

I played ice hockey from the time i was 4 untill i was 17, 2 years ago. Stopped playing because work got in the way. Im thinking about playing again next season. Also I drag race. Been doing that with my grandfather since I was about 2.

17. Default

well my primary job is campground maintnence, my second job/sport is the world Of MMA currently working to get into the Cage Of Vengeance league

I played football throughout HS(DE and TE). I also played Bball. I have played paintball for years(yes its a sport).
    Now that i'm going to college though, i'm Playing rugby next year. Should be fucking aweseome

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by debo08080 View Post
    I played football throughout HS(DE and TE). I also played Bball. I have played paintball for years(yes its a sport).
    Now that i'm going to college though, i'm Playing rugby next year. Should be fucking aweseome
    my young guns team was sponsered by ACI and the past 3 years my team had smart parts,pepsi, and one of my towns local powersports dealers

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by debo08080 View Post
    rugby is a pretty tough sport, id like to try it sometime, Good luck bro

Thread Information