Thread: Gurkhas New Super Premium

Default Gurkhas New Super Premium

If you thought Your Majesty Reserve was expensive you might want to check this out

LINKY

That's just silly

i heard about those... hmm..

Anyone up for a box split? I can afford about two puffs.

john51277 Guest

I smell alot of BS on those.

It smells like an elaborate front for a money laundering operation.

Holy $&*(). I think Gurkha knows that the extremely wealthy will buy them just to say they have them (and play the whole I'm richer than you game). It's kind of interesting in that they cater to the high end but I doubt there much better than some of their "lower" end cigars (I just would like to know the mark-up and or profit on each cigar).

8. Default

Gurkha makes NO cigars,they have other companies roll cigars for them . Torano and I forget who else. Gurkha is basically a decent cigar but it has a certian poser attraction
    The older I get ,the better I was

Their regular cognac infused cigars do smell tasty though. I have a few and have yet to smoke them though.

That latest creation is rediculous though. I read about it last month. But as 597 stated people will buy it just to say I have one of the 5. The box is killer looking but I would rather go to India and have one made for WAAAAAAAAAAY less and fill it with my own premiums! :D

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    The box is killer looking but I would rather go to India and have one made for WAAAAAAAAAAY less and fill it with my own premiums! :D
    There are shops in the Keys that sell boxes that look EXACTLY like that one (although I doubt they're made of "80 year old camel bone," though) for $100 or so.

I have a couple of Gurkha's lower end sticks in the humidor, but haven't smoked one yet. My gut feeling was that they are like pipes (I'm also a pipesmoker)...you're paying for an increasingly better smoke up to a certain point, but once you pass that point, it's just a name/prestige game. With pipes, that number is about $300 (in my mind...some people differ in where that point is). You typically get a better (better wood, better construction/drilling, etc.) pipe as you pay more to this certain pricepoint. After that, you are mostly paying for the carver's name, art/handicraft in carving, beauty of the grain, etc. The smokeability doesn't change that much beyond that pricepoint. I say typically, because you can occasionally get a gem for next to nothing, or get a trashy pipe at $300...

For that price those things better be diamond encrusted and the smoke that comes from them better be wrapped in gold
    'I,m better for having known you"

Thread Information