Thread: Carlos Torano 1916 robusto

john51277 Guest

Default Carlos Torano 1916 robusto

Well it was my day off so, I started out by waking up and starting on building the brick patio out back. I get about half of the bricks out there from the front. My phone rings and it is the boss. The other Business Manager called in sick. Needless to say my day off was spent at work. We were busy as hell too.

I got home and my lovely wife had dinner made and the house was spotless. We had a nice dinner and I did the ole' dig deep in the humi and grab one to smoke. Up came this nice Torano 1916 cammy robusto. Well I grabbed my punch and my lighter. Went to the usual smokin spot and proceded to "smoke away" the day I had.

It lit up nicely and had a very smooth great draw. The flavors were mellow and woodsy. Alot of toasted oak/cedar flavors. It burned very evenly. I had to touch it up once. It held a very tight ash and did not get hot at all through out the whole cigar. The flavors did not really change as far as flavors or intensity the whole time. It is a pretty tasty cigar but not complex. This particular cigar was in my humi for at least 3-4 months. I will pick up a few of these when I go to the B&M, or on C-bid. It remended me of a RP 1992 vintage in a way.

Here are a few pics. (for those who can't read)

bigsmoke Guest

Those 1916':smiley10's are ok but I prefer the more complex Virtuoso, more of a sophisticated man's cigar.

nice pics

i've got a 1916 sitting in my humi, maybe i'll smoke it soon

thanks for the review

from the future. here are tonights winning lotto numbers

I will be smoking one of these tonight. We shall see how it goes. Im expecting it to go well
    Smokey the bear says:.....

I like the color and texture of the ash in pic two. Looks like a classy stick.

You can't beat CT! Good smokes for a decent price. I have yet to try one of the Blue Labels, but I've liked all the rest.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Smoked one last night, great smoke! Luckily I have 2 more in my humi. Going to order some more CT's on my next cigar order.
    "Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men."

Thread Information