Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poker Table

Default Poker Table

I know it isnt in the same league as the other one on this site but its my first and I am far from a carpenter. Hope ya like it. I was debating on having the Pats airbrushed on it

Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

Nice. Good job man

Damn fine workmanship. This should off you and friends hours of fun.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Very nice! `

Looks very cool

john51277 Guest

That looks pretty damn nice bro. Keep up the great work, and enjoy it!!!

Thumbs up

Great job buddy. When we playing? Of course a small cot in the corner of your garage will be needed that night.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Blog Entries

The table looks great!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

I can't tell if I like it or not. How about shipping it over to my place so I can get a closer view?
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

that's not a whole lot different than mine, i really like the padded edge that you added, i was going to do that but ran out of time and figured it looked fine either way. it looks like your felt is a bit taller than the wooden racetrack, is it due to the foam under the felt? or am i just seeing things

very nice table i know how it feels to "not be a carpenter" and still come out with a nice finished product

Incredibly awesome table.

I'm not sure how developed your skill level is, but if you are between amatuer and intermediate, I'd suggest "the poker brat's" book. It really laid down the foundational theory behind texas hold'em for me. Very straighforward easy to understand/apply.

hershey do you play a lot of poker? internet or live?

i'd recommend small stakes holdem or the theory of poker both by 2+2 publishing, great books but probly not for the complete beginner

Nice table. I was afraid to put cup holders in mine.

Quote Originally Posted by boomshay View Post
    hershey do you play a lot of poker? internet or live?

i'd recommend small stakes holdem or the theory of poker both by 2+2 publishing, great books but probly not for the complete beginner
    I use to play online play money quite a bit. I was hanging around the high stakes tables with an average of 3-8 million. I truly believe that if I was willing to put up a small bankroll I would be successful at online poker for money. But my dad was a crazy gambler when I was growing up. We'd go to Vegas on family trips alot, and leave early as soon as he had enough time to go bust. He'd sneak out at night at go to the local club to play. He had the bug real bad. It made a deep impression on me, and someone would have to front me a bankroll to get me to play seriously.

i started at the play money tables as well, when my dad realized that i was actually beating the game easily (i know play money is somewhat a joke but still...) he gave me 20 bucks to see how i'd do... i've never looked back since... i've made a LOT of money online.. but its almost worthless to play now because of all the legislation... all the donators have left and the games are very tough... i still grind it out a bit but i'm not making anywhere near what i was making 6 months ago

Thanks for all the compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickson View Post
    Great job buddy. When we playing? Of course a small cot in the corner of your garage will be needed that night.
    Saturday night 7PM. Let me know if you can make it.

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    Nice table. I was afraid to put cup holders in mine.
    Cup holders were easy. 3-3/8 hole saw worked perfect

Quote Originally Posted by HersheyWalker View Post
    Incredibly awesome table.

I'm not sure how developed your skill level is, but if you are between amatuer and intermediate, I'd suggest "the poker brat's" book. It really laid down the foundational theory behind texas hold'em for me. Very straighforward easy to understand/apply.
    Thank you. I have been messing around with it for sometime but not serious. I have just recently started getting serious. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassfever View Post
    Cup holders were easy. 3-3/8 hole saw worked perfect
    Actually, I was more afraid of the beers being spilled on the table. Plus, I load mine up and take it to people's houses that are hosting the tourney. Our next tourney is May 5th, come on down.

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    Actually, I was more afraid of the beers being spilled on the table. Plus, I load mine up and take it to people's houses that are hosting the tourney. Our next tourney is May 5th, come on down.

The felt I used is the suited speed cloth and this comes with scotch gaurd. the foam I used under it was 1/4" closed cell volara. the closed cell will not absorb. This way any spills should come right up. I hope I dont have to test this though.

Thread Information