Thread: F/S: Tatuaje/Pepin/Padilla Sampler

Default F/S: Tatuaje/Pepin/Padilla Sampler

For sale- $75.00 shipped USPS Priority. Money Orders prefered (checks from established members):

2 Tatuaje Regios
    2 Tatuaje Havana VI Victorias
    2 Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles
    2 Padilla Hybrid Robusto
    2 Don Pepin Classic Black Perla 1952
    2 Don Pepin Classic Black Petite Lancero 1977
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

john51277 Guest

Hmmmmmmm, sounds great. ??????

Is that a reply of interest, John?
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Interested in any trades?

Not at this time. The wife is starting to give me shit about purchases now that I have been buying pipes in addition to cigars. So this is to help offset the pipe I ordered last week.

--Drive-By Truckers

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post
    Not at this time. The wife is starting to give me shit about purchases now that I have been buying pipes in addition to cigars. So this is to help offset the pipe I ordered last week.
    Funny, I feel your pain.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post
    Just wait until she finds out you need to cellar pipe tobacco for aging...

What blends/blend types you like so far? Englishes, virginias, aromatics, etc.? Here's my cellar (well, actually, I've added a significant amount since this shot, but you get the idea...)
    Last edited by SandPiper; 04-18-2007 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SandPiper View Post

What blends/blend types you like so far? Englishes, virginias, aromatics, etc.? Here's my cellar (well, actually, I've added a significant amount since this shot, but you get the idea...)
    Holy shit! That is a serious cellar collection. I spy a lot of good baccis in there. My wife would freak if she saw my collection grow that large- she already gives me grief enough over the cigars. My cellar is quite a bit smaller/more humble than yours. I grabbed this cabinet a few weeks back for $30. Great Tobacco cellar because it has frosted and slanted glass to avoid direct sunlight:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72143496@N00/447793832/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72143496@N00/447793828/

--Drive-By Truckers

9. Default

That's a sweet cabinet, and sounds like you got an outstanding deal. I use a large, 150-year old bureau that was passed to me when my Grandmother died for my cellar. I'm on the verge of overflowing it now, though.

I made up some points with my wife when I sold quite a bit of tobacco at a premium. There was a fire a couple of years ago that completely wiped out a major component (Syrian latakia) of a particularly popular blend (Bohemian Scandal from GL Pease) which I had a good stash of. I sold off a number of tins at more than 10X what I paid. I love the blend, and kept a few tins, but at that price I couldn't resist selling some off on eBay. Anyway, I have very little invested in my cellar thanks to that.

Sandpiper...

john51277 Guest

All I can say is God Bless. I have always wondered about smokin a pipe, never tried it except in college, but the baccy was a lil greener. I always love to smell the bulk/loose stuff at the B&M when I go.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by john51277
    I always love to smell the bulk/loose stuff at the B&M when I go.
    Well, some bulks are decent, but most stuff in the jars at local B&Ms is highly flavored, aromatic (and often of low quality) tobacco. Nothing wrong with the aromatics; some folks love 'em. I don't particularly care for them. Many of the natural (unflavored) tobaccos are actually somewhat akin to cigar smoking. And, the variety is mind boggling(there are a number of blends containing cigar leaf, even). I started with cigars about 13 years ago, then shortly thereafter picked up the pipe. Did both for a while, quit both for a couple years...then went back to pipes hardcore for the past 3 years or so. Now, I'm diversifying. And loving every minute of it. The cigar market has changed considerably in the years that I've been out of the loop. The pricing for decent cigars is much better (although I've moved near Tampa from TN, so that's a big factor; and the "boom" isn't as big as in the past), and the quality per $ seems much better to me. In any event, I still love the pipe, but am thoroughly enjoying cigars again.

john51277 Guest

Well, some bulks are decent, but most stuff in the jars at local B&Ms is highly flavored, aromatic (and often of low quality) tobacco. Nothing wrong with the aromatics; some folks love 'em. I don't particularly care for them. Many of the natural (unflavored) tobaccos are actually somewhat akin to cigar smoking. And, the variety is mind boggling(there are a number of blends containing cigar leaf, even). I started with cigars about 13 years ago, then shortly thereafter picked up the pipe. Did both for a while, quit both for a couple years...then went back to pipes hardcore for the past 3 years or so. Now, I'm diversifying. And loving every minute of it. The cigar market has changed considerably in the years that I've been out of the loop. The pricing for decent cigars is much better (although I've moved near Tampa from TN, so that's a big factor; and the "boom" isn't as big as in the past), and the quality per $ seems much better to me. In any event, I still love the pipe, but am thoroughly enjoying cigars again.
    Damn I didnt realize you were that close to me. We might have to meet up for a few cocktails and some smoking. Let me know I am just north of Orlando.

14. Default

Damn I didnt realize you were that close to me. We might have to meet up for a few cocktails and some smoking. Let me know I am just north of Orlando.
    Sounds great. I'm in Spring Hill/Weekiwachee, which is about 45 miles N of Tampa/St. Pete, and West of you as far as you can go without getting wet. I make it through your neck of the woods every once in a while. I travel a lot for work (especially right now) throughout Florida.

john51277 Guest

Sounds great. I'm in Spring Hill/Weekiwachee, which is about 45 miles N of Tampa/St. Pete, and West of you as far as you can go without getting wet. I make it through your neck of the woods every once in a while. I travel a lot for work (especially right now) throughout Florida.
    I am in Leesburg, if you are familiar with that area!!

16. Default

I am in Leesburg, if you are familiar with that area!!
    Yep. Just went fishing over there a couple of weeks ago (Lake Yale and Lake Harris).

Fuggin' threadjackers.

Back on topic- this sampler has been spoken for.

You can now resume your Floridian directory assistance speak...

--Drive-By Truckers

I think another Orlando Herf is in order.

Too bad we won't have that crazy canadian this time though! haha

Damn, I was thinking about jumping on this and decided to wait until after lunch to make up my mind. Teach me to think! ;)

Thread Information