Thread: Virginia Tech

Midlothian, Virginia in the Subs. Longwood University....in FARMVILLE Virginia....

Default Virginia Tech

I guessing everyone here has heard about the tragic story at Virginia Tech on Monday by now. One of my friends, Matthew Gwaltney, was one of the victims.

A total of 33 people, including the son of a bitch(sorry for language), were shot and killed in two shootings two hours apart within two separate buildings on the Virginia Tech campus, making it the deadliest mass shooting by a civilian in U.S. history. At least two dozen other people were injured.
    Seung-hui Cho, identified by authorities as the gunman, was born in South Korea and grew up in Virginia. He had permanent residence status and was a fourth-year English major at Virginia Tech. At the conclusion of the second attack, he committed suicide.
    "After a truly good meal, an outstanding cigar is still the most satisfying after-dinner activity that doesn't involve two human beings."
    Brad Shaw

"Pull out a Montecristo at a dinner party and the political liberal turns into the nicotine facist."
    -- Martyn Harris

1 termite
    +1 raisin

There are just no words that can describe this tragedy. I'm sorry for your loss bro. I'll send up a prayer for you.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

I am also very sorry for your loss, it is really a sad circumstance. Don't worry about the words to describe that piece of shit. While I am sad that he didn't get the help that he obviously needed, I can think of no excuse for a person to do anything like that. Again it is just a sad situation. My prayers go out to you and the family of your friend, along with all of the other family and friends of the victims.

Blog Entries

I am very sorry for your loss. I went to Florida State University and still live in Tallahassee. I have many friends and family who still attend class. Virginia Tech’s baseball team was just in town over the weekend for a series. We are all in shock here. There is a general feeling around town that this could have easily happened here. Virginia Tech and Florida State are both in the Atlantic Coast Conference.

I know the FSU administration is being proactive. They started asking students for cell phone numbers and other contact information to be able to quickly broadcast information in the even of an emergency. They also activated a school wide PA system. It's pretty amazing how quickly they have organized everything.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

I am sorry for your loss may your friend find hapiness in heaven

Sorry to hear that. It is insane and selfish. I can't even begin to comprehend the amount of pain the VT community is going through.

Prayers for all those involved and for your friend.

My condolensces Leeroy.

bigsmoke Guest

Pretty lowsy. A fellow Canadian was killed as well. She was a professor there. It is amazing how many people that this crap touches. Guns are no good.

Midlothian, Virginia in the Subs. Longwood University....in FARMVILLE Virginia....

well they are good if only used in defense, but we all know its not only used for it.
    "After a truly good meal, an outstanding cigar is still the most satisfying after-dinner activity that doesn't involve two human beings."
    Brad Shaw

"Pull out a Montecristo at a dinner party and the political liberal turns into the nicotine facist."
    -- Martyn Harris

1 termite
    +1 raisin

10. Default

There is nothing wrong with guns when they are used responsibly. Guns in the hands of a deranged guy like the shooter...completely different story.

I recently saw parts of the video and the pictures he sent to NBC, I also read his plays. The guy was nuts.

While his plays aren't outright "hey everyone look i'm insane" disturbed, they are obvisouly comming from someone who is not well.

The video on the other hand, and the pictures? Those are by the product of lunacy, plain and clear.

Leeroy you, your friend, and your friend's family are in my prayers.

bigsmoke Guest

[QUOTE=JCH;88243]There is nothing wrong with guns when they are used responsibly. Guns in the hands of a deranged guy like the shooter...completely different story.

I recently saw parts of the video and the pictures he sent to NBC, I also read his plays. The guy was nuts.

While his plays aren't outright "hey everyone look i'm insane" disturbed, they are obvisouly comming from someone who is not well.

The video on the other hand, and the pictures? Those are by the product of lunacy, plain and clear.

Leeroy you, your friend, and your friend's family are in my prayers.[/QUOTE

Guns are stupid. They serve no purpose other than killing people. If no one can get them, then no one has them. End of gun violence. Americans need to stop making excuses for the right to bare arms. It is an outdated idea that is no longer relevant. What are you scared of?

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmoke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JCH View Post
    There is nothing wrong with guns when they are used responsibly. Guns in the hands of a deranged guy like the shooter...completely different story.

Guns are stupid. They serve no purpose other than killing people. If no one can get them, then no one has them. End of gun violence. Americans need to stop making excuses for the right to bare arms. It is an outdated idea that is no longer relevant. What are you scared of?
    I don't know about you, but the guns that I own I use for hunting, target shooting, and if necessary, self-defense.
    I don't think that it is a very good idea for you to attack the American Bill of Rights as well.

Also, your reasoning for there being guns is flawed. Guns serve many other purposes other than "killing people".

But, this is not what this thread is about. Sorry for the hijack.

Leeroy, my deepest condolences go out to you, and everybody involved in this tragic situation.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Well.....because it has been a right that almost anyone can buy a gun in a store, there are lots of guns in America.

Also, there are lots of crazy people in America.

You're right about the purpose of guns, they have a purpose to kill, or at least to stop in regards to self defense. I personally don't want to kill anyone who is breaking into my house, I don't know how that would sit with me the rest of my life. On the other hand, I would want to defend me and my people.

If you ban the sale of guns, the violence involving guns won't stop. America will never clear its land free of guns. Too many guns, too many people who don't care about law.

Because there are lots of guns and lots of crazy people who do not care about abiding by the law, there comes a relevant decision that is made by myself and I'm sure many of the others here on this board, and that is do I need one for protection?

I personally have grown up around guns and I have not ever thought about carrying one until the VT incident.

Because guns will always be here, the idea of carrying a weapon for protection will always be relevant.

Nice threadjack knucklehead, a little disrespectful if you ask me. Take your agenda to the politics forum.

Benjamin,
    Sorry for the loss of your friend Matt and all who were affected by this tragedy. They are in my prayers.

WOW

[QUOTE=bigsmoke;88344]

Leeroy you, your friend, and your friend's family are in my prayers.[/QUOTE

Well, look at what happened in New Orleans and tell me guns are stupid. The government in many, in most cases cannot protect you. They can investigate your murder but they can't protect you.

If I were at a restaurant, a sidewalk cafe, a university, a mall, or anywhere else where a sonofabitch crazy bastard like this idiot walked in and opened fire, I would be able to defend myself, and I would. And maybe in the process I could cut short the mass murder.

And as for it being an outdated, irrelevant idea, you're so wrong in so many ways. Our guns also help protect our freedom; government fears an armed populace much more than an unarmed one. And by the way, learn how to spell, it is BEAR arms, not BARE arms.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Omg. What did we jsut say about hijak. Take your opinions on gun rights to the political forum. This thread is for talking about VT, not about gun rights. asshats.

Thank you all for your prayers, it is much needed and appreciated.
    Brad Shaw

-- Martyn Harris

1 termite
    +1 raisin

Lets not forget the tragedy, Leeroy I am sorry for your loss. I know as a university student it shook me up the idea of someone coming into class and shooting me and my friends as we take notes. The shooter was insane beyond belief, he planned the attaack out for months, someone should have caught that and sent him to an institution. Lets remember the victims, and ignore the killer because all he wanted with his media manisfesto was attention.
    Jia Li
    1345 Washtenaw Ave
    Ann Arbor, MI

Thread Information