Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cuban Cigar Bands....

1. Default

I have been buying bands from www.justfakes.com and they are great.

I got tired of all the fake crap everyone was trying to pass of as real Cubans, I now smoke my favorite fuentes and every once and a while a wrap a Cuban band on one to get conversations going. It is amazing how a piece of paper can get people going.

I was thinking of doing the bar top in my basement in cigar bands. This could be an easy way to do it.

Although it is kind of sad, that there is a company that openly sells fake bands and is proud of it.

How would you "glue" the band around a cigar?

Blog Entries

You can make a "glue" that’s safe for use on cigarsby boiling some water mixed with flour or cornstarch down until it’s sticky. It would probably take some playing around with to get it right, but thisis basically what may grandfather always usedtoglue the bands onhis cigars.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

who cares if someone else thinks you're smoking a real cuban or a fuente?...You still know you're smoking a fuente. I couldn't care less if my cigar has a band on it or not if I know I am enjoying it. seems like you smoke cigars for the wrong reason.

Blog Entries

A cigar should be thought of as an experience, not a status symbol.

I like that quote!

why dont you just buy real habanos instead of being dishonest about it?

7. Default Cuban Cigar bands

As a new member I am only just trawling through the huge amount of posts on this website and this one particularly caught my attention. I think that any endorsement of the production of fakes (whatever these may be, cigars, fashion items or else) is a really sad state of affair. Why could one possibly want to pretend he/she is smoking a real Partagas, Cohiba or else if they are not?

What is the point of going through the hassle of making your own glue to stick a fake label on a cigar?? To what purpose? I am really baffled by this.

Fakes cigars are a plague brought onto the cigar world. Any activity that encourages this is at best irresponsible, at worse totally stupid. There. Rant over.

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    A cigar should be thought of as an experience, not a status symbol.

I like that quote!

Exactly right-To me, a super-premium is something to be savored. I have enjoyed $2.00 cigars as much as $17.50 cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by Cohibanut
    As a new member I am only just trawling through the huge amount of posts on this website and this one particularly caught my attention. I think that any endorsement of the production of fakes (whatever these may be, cigars, fashion items or else) is a really sad state of affair. Why could one possibly want to pretend he/she is smoking a real Partagas, Cohiba or else if they are not?

What is the point of going through the hassle of making your own glue to stick a fake label on a cigar?? To what purpose? I am really baffled by this.

Fakes cigars are a plague brought onto the cigar world. Any activity that encourages this is at best irresponsible, at worse totally stupid. There. Rant over.

Much along the same line of thinking I had...

I wasn't going to say anything, but now that you brought it up....

i agree the bands are pretty stupid, but i think the cohiba hat they have on there is pretty cool. to bad it is sold out and i'm not a hat person.

Why the hell would you buy from justfakes!?! I'm amazed that you think this is cool. Myself, and many other members here would be able to tell right away that you were smoking a fake just by looking at it...it makes you look bad!

Now get up off your butt and go buy a real cigar.

i'm guessing maybe he/she works for them and is advertising the site

i think you're right about that. s/he made only two posts, both on 1/9/05 and the second one was the same as this one posted in the Advertisements forum

14. Default

I haven't seen the hats but merchandising is a whole different affair!! Some of it is gorgeous. I want a Cohiba ashtray!!!!!!!! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

15. Angry Fake Cuban Bands

I get the pleasure to enjoy beautiful Cuban cigars while I am in my house in the Dominican Republic. I have to tell you, Dominican Cohibas are excellent smokes. when I am in America, I smoke Dominican Cohibas that I bring back from the Dominican Republic. It's better to smoke Dominican Cohibas and be real instead of a dumb fuente with a Cuban Band that is problably a fake band as well. People are suck idiots.

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MrJerry
    Myself, and many other members here would be able to tell right away that you were smoking a fake just by looking at it...it makes you look bad!

Now get up off your butt and go buy a real cigar.
    Excellent point. the average person doesn't know that much about Cohibas or Trinidads. To buy a fake in order to impress someone who "knows" is just to ask to be found out and derided. Then again, this company is probably just concerned with selling fake bands and making off with the money.

Blog Entries

After living in Japan and currently visiting South America, I can say that I've smoked a few Cubans. However, as much as smoking a true Cuban is a wonderful experience, smoking a good cigar is a wonderful experience. Smoking a good Cigar with a bro and shooting the shiznit, is a awesome experience. Just enjoy the Cigar, regarless of were it was made.
    Last edited by Lopaka; 05-29-2005 at 11:35 AM.

Blog Entries

gamehumper is one of their best customers

These guys otta be strung up by their nuts and anyone who buys this crap should be strung up along side them. There's a word what these guys are doing, it called RIPPING PEOPLE OFF!

Every time some scumbag buys this shit and then sells the cigars to people as real Cubans, some stupid asshole shows up on a cigarboard popping off about how lousy Cuban cigars are becasue his own ego or just stupid pig ignorance will not let him admit that he has been RIPPED OFF.
    Captain, it is I!

Default all I could find

This is all I could find on these people, they are out of Canada. See below for the registrar

Domain Name: JUSTFAKES.COM
    Registrar: IN2NET NETWORK, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.in2net.com
    Referral URL: http://www.in2net.com
    Name Server: DNS3.DOTEASY.COM
    Name Server: DNS4.DOTEASY.COM
    Updated Date: 24-may-2005
    Creation Date: 15-may-2003
    Expiration Date: 15-may-2010

Current Registrar: IN2NET NETWORK, INC.
    IP Address: 65.61.216.82 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)
    IP Location: CA(CANADA)-BRITISH COLUMBIA-BURNABY
    Record Type: Domain Name
    Server Type: Apache 1
    Lock Status: REGISTRAR-LOCK
    Web Site Status: Active
    DMOZ no listings
    Y! Directory: see listings
    Secure: No
    E-commerce: Yes
    Traffic Ranking: Not available
    Data as of: 08-Jun-2004

Registrar is in2net.com