Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stick for Soldiers

Default Stick for Soldiers

Anyone ever send sticks to some soldiers overseas? Just wondered? I'm putting a Cigar package together for a troop right now. Nothing crazy, just something for some guys who deserve it and enjoy smokes like us. Found some units that like smokes and some even have cigar clubs.

Here's 1 of my local shops. http://www.nickscigarworld.com/cigarsfortroops.html They keep an aquarium by the register and send the gar donations to the troops. Check the pics and tally links.

bigsmoke Guest

They get danger pay. They can buy their own.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmoke View Post
    That's a fairly ignorant statement. I really don't think it is the issue of a 3$ smoke, it is more of an issue of availability. And for whatever it's worth, military personnel are not paid nearly what they deserve.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Any little thing we can do for the men and women who protect our country is worth all of the time and money you can spare. The folks in our armed forces deserve your gratitude and this is a very good way to show it. It's not really about the price of the smokes or whether or not they can get them on their own it's about them knowing that someone back here appreciates what they're doing and cares about them.

Bigsmoke I know you were joking in the apprentice thread with the crack about stealing cigars and I sincerely hope you are joking now.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

That's not the point.

Comb2 check with preembargo. He doesn't post here much but he works with OpFTH.

Very nice of you to do this.
    Last edited by WOXOF; 04-25-2007 at 04:05 AM.

bigsmoke Guest

My point is that I work hard for my money. Just because someone decides to go into the military and risk their life for their country does not make that person a hero to me. I live in Canada. We do not have troops in Iraq, but we do have troops in Afghanistan. I do not agree that Canada should have troops there at all. Being Canadian, I will not offer my thoughts on U.S. military activities. We all choose our own paths in life. I do not expect anyone to feel pitty for my personal choices and I don't need others trying to make me feel guilty. Hey, that is as best as I can explain my opinion. Like it or not, it is mine. And money is not the issue here at all. I honestly hope there are no hard feelings.

john51277 Guest

My point is that I work hard for my money. Just because someone decides to go into the military and risk their life for their country does not make that person a hero to me. I live in Canada. We do not have troops in Iraq, but we do have troops in Afghanistan. I do not agree that Canada should have troops there at all. Being Canadian, I will not offer my thoughts on U.S. military activities. We all choose our own paths in life. I do not expect anyone to feel pitty for my personal choices and I don't need others trying to make me feel guilty. Hey, that is as best as I can explain my opinion. Like it or not, it is mine. And money is not the issue here at all. I honestly hope there are no hard feelings.

Is it just me or does anyone else not care for the ignorance displayed here?????

9. Default

As a member of the US Army (West Point Cadet) and son of a disabled veteran, I for one want to tell you how much of an ungrateful, naive, idiot you are.

Danger Pay, yes they get it. Unfortunately, that adds to the very little ammount they get to begin with. A good portion of the enlisted population is eligable for Food Stamps.

It isn't about guilt, it's about appreciation.

Less than 1% of the United States is in the Armed Forces. For the sake of argument we will round that up to a whole %.

1% of the nation is doing the work of defending the other 99%, working 15 month tours (recently extended from 12 to 15) and in the near future (from General Casey himself) it will be a 12 n 12 off rotation.

1% is defending 99%. They barely see their families, work on little sleep for little pay, and face death on a regular basis. This isn't about pity, this is about appreciation for that 1% who is selfless enough to put their life on the line for that other 99. This isn't about pity, its about gratitude. It's about appreciation.

This isn't about Iraq or Afghanistan, because the fighting man has no say in where he goes. You want someone to bitch to about the War on Terror, bitch policy makers don't put that blame on the military itself. So what if you don't agree with Canada being in Afghanistan? It is your countrymen fighting and dieing for you and the rest of you Canuks.

Now I'm pretty wound up pretty tight right now. The fact that ignorant pieces of filth like you exist has me shitting Tiffany Cufflinks.

john51277 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JCH View Post
    As a member of the US Army (West Point Cadet) and son of a disabled veteran, I for one want to tell you how much of an ungrateful, naive, idiot you are.

Danger Pay, yes they get it. Unfortunately, that adds to the very little ammount they get to begin with. A good portion of the enlisted population is eligable for Food Stamps.

It isn't about guilt, it's about appreciation.

Less than 1% of the United States is in the Armed Forces. For the sake of argument we will round that up to a whole %.

1% of the nation is doing the work of defending the other 99%, working 15 month tours (recently extended from 12 to 15) and in the near future (from General Casey himself) it will be a 12 n 12 off rotation.

1% is defending 99%. They barely see their families, work on little sleep for little pay, and face death on a regular basis. This isn't about pity, this is about appreciation for that 1% who is selfless enough to put their life on the line for that other 99. This isn't about pity, its about gratitude. It's about appreciation.

This isn't about Iraq or Afghanistan, because the fighting man has no say in where he goes. You want someone to bitch to about the War on Terror, bitch policy makers don't put that blame on the military itself. So what if you don't agree with Canada being in Afghanistan? It is your countrymen fighting and dieing for you and the rest of you Canuks.

Now I'm pretty wound up pretty tight right now. The fact that ignorant pieces of filth like you exist has me shitting Tiffany Cufflinks.

Amen to that Brother!!!

wow, nine words and I can tell that you're an ignorant ass.

popcorn... see how long you last now...
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by john51277 View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else not care for the ignorance displayed here?????
    He has every right to be "ignorant." He has the right to have an opinion, even if it's not the same as yours or mine.

That's why we have dedicated people serving in the Armed Forces, so guys like you and me and Bigsmoke can have different opinions or beliefs.

john51277 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmokes View Post
    He has every right to be "ignorant." He has the right to have an opinion, even if it's not the same as yours or mine.

That's why we have dedicated people serving in the Armed Forces, so guys like you and me and Bigsmoke can have different opinions or beliefs.
    I don't see it as an opinion. I see it as a great disrespect!!!!

14. Default

Just because it is his opinion and he is entitled to it does not make it correct.

One could have the opinion that it is perfectly acceptable to murder innocent children and then feast on their corpses. But just because it's their opinion doesn't make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmokes View Post

He does have a right to be ignorant - but not necessarily on this board. This is a hex-driven, member-moderated board and ignorance, depending on what level, will get your ass lit, if not charred.

And while you're right - our boys and girls are serving so we can express our opinions or beliefs, IMHO we don't disrespect those risking a lot more for an ignorant noob shooting off his mouth.

Blog Entries

All I'm saying is, why not tell him why he's an asshole instead of just telling him he's an asshole? All of the bird-flipping, name calling bullshit has gotten this board exactly nowhere in the past month.

JCH replied with an eloquent, dead-on rebuttal to Bigsmoke's post that, IMO, was entirely more convincing and heartfelt than finding the "smiley face giving the finger"

Sorry if I failed to make my point in my first post.

john51277 Guest

Kettle, meet Black.

Blog Entries

Kettle, meet Black.

Ummm, I really don't know what that means

john51277 Guest

Kettle, meet Black.
    I think he means the matching eloquence and the subsequent post(s) to explain it. You do make a good point Hefty (really), and we do have to tell him why he's an ignorant ass instead of just calling him an ignorant ass. Although by now, he can read the thread and see for himself why he is an ignorant ass.

Thread Information