Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stick for Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmoke View Post
    P.S. There are Canadian's fighting in Iraq.
    Well if you knew anyhting about Canada's military, you would know that we only have soldiers in Afghanistan. There are no Canadians fighting in IRAQ. Thanks for your insight but you obviously do not know a damb thing. I stand by my opinions which are rightfully mine. [/QUOTE]

Well, well, well, lets see if I know anything about Canada's military... Last week, I provided inflight and on-ground personal security for 27 canadians being inserted into Iraq to join up with their unit. My insight is based on experience and current duty.
    An Investigator that can't find work, is probably not the one you want!

Locard = 2
    Shag = 1
    dumbass troll = 0

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    I would just like to point out that most Canadians are not as ignorant and self-centered as Bigsmoke here.

They get danger pay. They can buy their own.
    I'm probably too new to chime in here, but being military...I can't resist.

"I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it." -Voltaire

I live by this quote, because it helps make intolerable people more...ummm...errr...tolerable. However, being Canadian, my service doesn't directly affect you. Either way, you are quite entitled to your opinion, as you already know.

There are folks who can watch a commercial about starving children and say something like "They aren't mine, so what do I care?" Insensitive? Yes. But, an opinion nonetheless. I'd speak up if I heard that said, though, and I'd say, "Glad you think that way, but like so many things, there's a time and a place. It isn't now and it's not here."
    I don't know enough about CS, yet, to say that in this forum.

I'm really sorry you feel the way you do. I've read everyone else's replies to you and I don't have anymore to add, other than I hope you never find yourself in a situation where you are having to follow your boss' orders (regardless of whether you agree with the orders) and you are repeatedly trashed, blamed, or disrespected by people who either know very little about what you're doing or are too involved in their own lives to care. That's all.

I don't know you, so you can completely ignore me.

As a Canadian, I can travel freely abroad with no hassles because of my country of origin. Canada is a great place to live. I visit the United States frequently. I also have many relatives there that are retired servicemen/women. That being said, many of my relatives feel the same way that I do about war. Freely and openly being able to share ideas is a great thing.
    All because the military is guarding your right to do that. And the reason your troops are in Afghanastan is due to a group that would like to take that away from you. Not that you would know any better. After all - "Ignorance is bliss".

That is why we all come here to enjoy cigars together. Don't expect me to share all the same feelings about all aspects of life because some of you think I should. If I love Partagas' and some of you guys think they are crap, does that make me an asshole? i hope not. It is just a difference of opinion.
    Well - that would depend. Given the way you've been espousing your beliefs on this board I'd think if you stated an opinion like that you would get a similar reaction. You have such a great way of talking about things.

I am done commenting on this issue. Like I said before, I did not mean anyone any harm.
    Clearly you're not done commenting on the issue (given the reaction in this thread, and then you do it again a month later). And it's becoming increasingly clear you do mean harm. Maybe you ought to seriously rethink your strategy...

Quote Originally Posted by supergirl View Post
    However, being Canadian, my service doesn't directly affect you. Either way, you are quite entitled to your opinion, as you already know.

I hope you never find yourself in a situation where you are having to follow your boss' orders (regardless of whether you agree with the orders) and you are repeatedly trashed, blamed, or disrespected by people who either know very little about what you're doing or are too involved in their own lives to care.
    Sorry, you're wrong. In a hearbeat you would follow your bosses orders and defend the Canadian's when they were under attack. As would the full might and power, with every last drop of it's blood - the very military CigarStroke condemns.

And I honestly believe (having spent some time with Canadian soldiers) that they would feel exactly the same way about us (THANK GOD!!!)

Default Iraq

Just returning from a year in Baghdad, i will add my two cents. I can tell you after working 15+ hours a day (seven days a week) the only real break to escape the reality of the day was sitting around having a cigar in the evening. Shit we would give up an hour of sleep, which was damn precious then, to relax and shoot the breeze over any cigar was nice. Money really isn't the issue, we could order from JR's and get cigars if we wanted to. Even the dried out fake cubans that HAJI sold were even nice. Point is if you ever send soldiers cigars, they will more appreciated than you can imagine. There were a lot of nights that it helped ease away the day.

BTW I don't really get upset over people thoughts or comments about the war. You really got to be over there and experience it to be able to comment on it in a way some have chosen. If they haven't then i just take it for what it is worth.

Chief

8. Default

I know I am new, but I will keep what I hvae to say short and sweet. It is not about the ability to buy cigars over here, it is about the availability. Yes, there are some decent smokes out here, but very limited supplies provided by a cigar club here on base. They do what they can with the humidors they can find and what they can get.

If I could, I would do what I can to provide more of a variety of cigars out here, but I am working 13hr + days.

Trust me, the cigar smokers who are out here appreciate the fact that they can get some decent smokes. Now, in a perfect world, the humidors would be set to the proper humidity. Due to circumstances, being a war zone and all, we take what we can get.

patriot1st

Thread Information