Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stick for Soldiers

Blog Entries

I think what you were trying for, in your whole little hypocrite deal, was to say "pot, meet kettle."

You threw me off with the whole "pot meet black" thing.

And, where are you reading that I'm a hypocrite? I might have slung some shit in the past, but after all the crap that has been going on lately, I'm trying for a "kinder, gentler" approach here.
    Last edited by heftysmokes; 04-25-2007 at 10:12 PM. Reason: punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by john51277 View Post
    Now John - let us focus on the ignorant ass... Hefty's one of the good guys.
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

john51277 Guest

I am truely not trying to create any more "waves" here, especially with the established members. I just hate disrespect to our troops. This is a free country because of men like them.

Blog Entries

I am truely not trying to create any more "waves" here, especially with the established members. I just hate disrespect to our troops. This is a free country because of men like them.
    And I couldn't agree more.

A person's decision to join the armed forces is their own decision. For the most part, none of us know why that decision was made. From my point of view, it makes all the difference in the world whether it's a father's influence, a new born baby and no source of income, peer pressure, the lack of any marketable skills, a judge's decision, or the commonly assumed notion of civic duty.

Quote Originally Posted by HersheyWalker View Post
    A person's decision to join the armed forces is their own decision. For the most part, none of us know why that decision was made. From my point of view, it makes all the difference in the world whether it's a father's influence, a new born baby and no source of income, peer pressure, the lack of any marketable skills, a judge's decision, or the commonly assumed notion of civic duty.
    However since we can't know anyone's true reason for joinging the armed forces the only decent belief left to have is that the person joined out of noble causes. It is a mistake to label every man that serves as a man serving for the money alone. There are far easier and far less life threatening ways to get money than military service. The question here is really how much respect and gratitude do the people that help you continue to have your freedoms really derserve. I don't care why they join the work there isn't a price you can put on what those men and women do for us. If you honestly don't care about these people I sincerely wish you to have all of your personal freedoms taken away because you are far from being derserving of them.

God bless all who serve.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by prophetic_joe View Post
    The question here is really how much respect and gratitude do the people that help you continue to have your freedoms really derserve.

God bless all who serve.
    I agree with you. I am studying to teach high school, after I had worked as an IT technician, and, following that, as a finance salesman. I have learned that one's profession is more often than not a matter of things falling into place, rather than a premeditated pathway to an end destination. The real argument is what an individual is currently doing, not why they are doing it.

Doctors are given respect for saving lives, likewise those in the armed forces should be given respect for protecting our existence as a country.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmoke View Post
    My point is that I work hard for my money. Just because someone decides to go into the military and risk their life for their country does not make that person a hero to me. I live in Canada. We do not have troops in Iraq, but we do have troops in Afghanistan. I do not agree that Canada should have troops there at all. Being Canadian, I will not offer my thoughts on U.S. military activities. We all choose our own paths in life. I do not expect anyone to feel pitty for my personal choices and I don't need others trying to make me feel guilty. Hey, that is as best as I can explain my opinion. Like it or not, it is mine. And money is not the issue here at all.
    The issue is that you don't "get it".

I honestly hope there are no hard feelings.
    Sure you do. I personally think you're a shit-stirring troll, but that's just my opinion. No hard feelings.

My Dad was in the military for over 20 years. During and after high school, I knew I didn't have it in me to be in the military. There are many paths people can take. Knowing that I considered military as an option and I didn't have it in me, I respect and admire those who do serve even more. IMHO, it doesn't matter how or why they got there, the important thing is they are there, protecting rights for people they don't know. I consider it an honor to do what I can to show them I appreciate what they are doing.

we do have troops in Afghanistan. I do not agree that Canada should have troops there at all.
    wait... Canada has an army?

Being Canadian, I will not offer my thoughts on U.S. military activities.
    then why make the statement at all? your non-statement is in itself a backhanded comment.

We all choose our own paths in life. I do not expect anyone to feel pitty for my personal choices and I don't need others trying to make me feel guilty.
    #1 - we don't pity you.
    #2 - with decisions on the military - whether WE AMERICANS (and of course, or fellow cross-BOTLs like Newf, Drew, Roham, etc.) agree or disagree with the decisions that lead our GIs in harms way, we support them.

And money is not the issue here at all.
    Sure it is - you made a point to bring it up. or did you forget?

I honestly hope there are no hard feelings.

bigsmoke Guest

Enough already. The danger pay thing was a bit of a joke, I was just fooling around then this all started and I just wanted to state my beliefs. I don't believe that wars solve anything. I don't want to fight with any of you anymore than I want to go fight in Iraq. Someone made a joke about Canada's military. Does that upset me? Not really, you can insult my country. As a Canadian, I can travel freely abroad with no hassles because of my country of origin. Canada is a great place to live. I visit the United States frequently. I also have many relatives there that are retired servicemen/women. That being said, many of my relatives feel the same way that I do about war. Freely and openly being able to share ideas is a great thing. That is why we all come here to enjoy cigars together. Don't expect me to share all the same feelings about all aspects of life because some of you think I should. If I love Partagas' and some of you guys think they are crap, does that make me an asshole? i hope not. It is just a difference of opinion. I have said before and I will say it again, it sickens me when our Canadian troops die in Afghanistan. I am done commenting on this issue. Like I said before, I did not mean anyone any harm.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by COMB2 View Post
    Anyone ever send sticks to some soldiers overseas? Just wondered? I'm putting a Cigar package together for a troop right now. Nothing crazy, just something for some guys who deserve it and enjoy smokes like us. Found some units that like smokes and some even have cigar clubs.
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t5389-op...oops-pass.html

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

does that make me an asshole?
    The fact you keep running off at the mouth, then playing the "it was a joke" victim card, is what makes you that.

bigsmoke Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo View Post
    The fact you keep running off at the mouth, then playing the "it was a joke" victim card, is what makes you that.

Not worthy of an intelligent response. I will not fight here guys so lay off.

Thanks to everyone that spoke up on our behalf, you all already know how I feel about you, but I felt compelled to say it again.

This site has always embraced troops, deployed or not, and I am not sure if I have ever read comments that so blatently denounced support. Not support for war, but for those men and women that are willing to sacrifice whatever it takes.

They get danger pay. They can buy their own.
    You said this is a joke, but failed to point that out in your following post. Instead you tried to clairify your position. Not a joke.

My point is that I work hard for my money. Just because someone decides to go into the military and risk their life for their country does not make that person a hero to me. I live in Canada. We do not have troops in Iraq, but we do have troops in Afghanistan. I do not agree that Canada should have troops there at all. Being Canadian, I will not offer my thoughts on U.S. military activities. We all choose our own paths in life. I do not expect anyone to feel pitty for my personal choices and I don't need others trying to make me feel guilty. Hey, that is as best as I can explain my opinion. Like it or not, it is mine. And money is not the issue here at all. I honestly hope there are no hard feelings.
    Do you understand that they are not trying to be your hero. What is done, is done as selfless sacrifice, and supports a greater effort than you. I am not typing this to make you feel guilty or for any other reason than this: I FELT OFFENDED, and not for me, cause you can say what you will, but for your fellow countrymen. I have worked beside Canadian's in Afghanistan, I've seen them die for you and their country, I've given them aid when wounded and they did the same for me. Of course, in the end, you do not speak for the vast majority; so I hope you feel alone and helpless in your little dark corner of earth.

P.S. There are Canadian's fighting in Iraq.
    An Investigator that can't find work, is probably not the one you want!

bigsmoke Guest

P.S. There are Canadian's fighting in Iraq.[/QUOTE]

Well if you knew anyhting about Canada's military, you would know that we only have soldiers in Afghanistan. There are no Canadians fighting in IRAQ. Thanks for your insight but you obviously do not know a damb thing. I stand by my opinions which are rightfully mine.

Well if you knew anyhting about Canada's military, you would know that we only have soldiers in Afghanistan. There are no Canadians fighting in IRAQ. Thanks for your insight but you obviously do not know a damb thing. I stand by my opinions which are rightfully mine.

Quote Originally Posted by www.cbc.ca
    "There have been a small number of Canadian military personnel embedded in American and allied units. That's been the case since the beginning of the war. Nothing has changed on that front," he said.
    Hmmm... Have some proof that this has changed since last year?

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2006/...ole060323.html

Quote Originally Posted by www.canadafreepress.com
    Meanwhile, Liberal-NDP spin notwithstanding, Canadian military personnel have stood side by side with their American comrades in Iraq and have been there since the beginning.
    http://www.canadafreepress.com/2006/cover032406.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    Canada has aided the United States in many ways aside from the actual invasion.

* Canada helps train police and army officers in post-war Iraq.
    * Jean-Pierre Kingsley (a Canadian), served as head of the international team observing the 2005 Iraqi elections.
    * In the summer of 2005, A group of Canadian experts was sent to help Iraq write its new constitution, including former Ontario premier Bob Rae. Both of these groups were based in Jordan due to security concerns.

Canada did allow its NORAD stationed Air Force members to fly combat missions and deploy with the USAF E-3 AWACS during the war and allowed its exchange officers in the Army, Navy, and Air Force to deploy and fight with their US units. 40-50 Canadian Military Members participated in the conflict, the majority flying on the E-3 AWACS, based out of Tinker AFB, OK, Where they are stationed as part of NORAD.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_and_the_Iraq_War

Shag = 1
    Dumbass = 0

I would just like to point out that most Canadians are not as ignorant and self-centered as Bigsmoke here.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Thread Information