Thread: Stick for Soldiers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmokes View Post
    He has every right to be "ignorant." He has the right to have an opinion, even if it's not the same as yours or mine.

That's why we have dedicated people serving in the Armed Forces, so guys like you and me and Bigsmoke can have different opinions or beliefs.
    He does have a right to be ignorant - but not necessarily on this board. This is a hex-driven, member-moderated board and ignorance, depending on what level, will get your ass lit, if not charred.

And while you're right - our boys and girls are serving so we can express our opinions or beliefs, IMHO we don't disrespect those risking a lot more for an ignorant noob shooting off his mouth.
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Blog Entries

All I'm saying is, why not tell him why he's an asshole instead of just telling him he's an asshole? All of the bird-flipping, name calling bullshit has gotten this board exactly nowhere in the past month.

JCH replied with an eloquent, dead-on rebuttal to Bigsmoke's post that, IMO, was entirely more convincing and heartfelt than finding the "smiley face giving the finger"

Sorry if I failed to make my point in my first post.

john51277 Guest

Kettle, meet Black.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by john51277 View Post
    Kettle, meet Black.

Ummm, I really don't know what that means

john51277 Guest

Blog Entries

I think what you were trying for, in your whole little hypocrite deal, was to say "pot, meet kettle."

You threw me off with the whole "pot meet black" thing.

And, where are you reading that I'm a hypocrite? I might have slung some shit in the past, but after all the crap that has been going on lately, I'm trying for a "kinder, gentler" approach here.
    Last edited by heftysmokes; 04-25-2007 at 10:12 PM. Reason: punctuation

Now John - let us focus on the ignorant ass... Hefty's one of the good guys.

A person's decision to join the armed forces is their own decision. For the most part, none of us know why that decision was made. From my point of view, it makes all the difference in the world whether it's a father's influence, a new born baby and no source of income, peer pressure, the lack of any marketable skills, a judge's decision, or the commonly assumed notion of civic duty.

Quote Originally Posted by HersheyWalker View Post
    A person's decision to join the armed forces is their own decision. For the most part, none of us know why that decision was made. From my point of view, it makes all the difference in the world whether it's a father's influence, a new born baby and no source of income, peer pressure, the lack of any marketable skills, a judge's decision, or the commonly assumed notion of civic duty.
    However since we can't know anyone's true reason for joinging the armed forces the only decent belief left to have is that the person joined out of noble causes. It is a mistake to label every man that serves as a man serving for the money alone. There are far easier and far less life threatening ways to get money than military service. The question here is really how much respect and gratitude do the people that help you continue to have your freedoms really derserve. I don't care why they join the work there isn't a price you can put on what those men and women do for us. If you honestly don't care about these people I sincerely wish you to have all of your personal freedoms taken away because you are far from being derserving of them.

God bless all who serve.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by prophetic_joe View Post
    The question here is really how much respect and gratitude do the people that help you continue to have your freedoms really derserve.

God bless all who serve.
    I agree with you. I am studying to teach high school, after I had worked as an IT technician, and, following that, as a finance salesman. I have learned that one's profession is more often than not a matter of things falling into place, rather than a premeditated pathway to an end destination. The real argument is what an individual is currently doing, not why they are doing it.

Doctors are given respect for saving lives, likewise those in the armed forces should be given respect for protecting our existence as a country.

Kettle, meet Black.
    I think he means the matching eloquence and the subsequent post(s) to explain it. You do make a good point Hefty (really), and we do have to tell him why he's an ignorant ass instead of just calling him an ignorant ass. Although by now, he can read the thread and see for himself why he is an ignorant ass.

john51277 Guest

I am truely not trying to create any more "waves" here, especially with the established members. I just hate disrespect to our troops. This is a free country because of men like them.

Blog Entries

I am truely not trying to create any more "waves" here, especially with the established members. I just hate disrespect to our troops. This is a free country because of men like them.
    And I couldn't agree more.

Thread Information