Thread: Prepping my Travel Humi

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Prepping my Travel Humi

What do I need to do to prep my Otterbox for a trip? Anything special or just add some pg solution to the foam?
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

If I have room, I normally just throw a water pillow in with the sticks. I really don't trust the foam.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

You do not need to do anything special. Those otterboxes have a very tight seal. I have found that adding distilled water to the foam gets my cigars too wet for smoking. I would say if you are going to be gone for 5 days or less, then you do not need to add RH. Just my suggestion.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

It all depends on where your going, how many sticks etc. Usually I don't do anything, but I would if I was going for more than a couple of days and the temp was going to be lower than what I normally keep the cigars at.

You don't need to prep it or anything. Throw the foam away, you won't be needing that. Put some beads in to keep the humidity at 65%.

I use nothing.

Loudpipes found out the hardway while traveling with a water pillow. After the flight his sticks were SOAKED!

Depends on climate (i.e., is it Vegas?). Normally, under a week - I do nothing. Over a week, I usually add the Drew-certified water pillow. Would like to hear how Loudpipes did it - I dunk it long enough to get about a 1/4 inch rise, then fold the cover bag.

Where ya goin'?
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Thread Information