Thread: Lighters??

Lightbulb Lighters??

Hey guys, I'm in the market for a lighter. I'm kind of getting tired of using like 10 matches to get the job done. I was just wondering what brands you recommend, where to get them, prices, etc...
    Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Wayne
    Wanna-be beach bum.

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
    “Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party.”
    - A VERY wise man from Mississippi

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord, for thee..."

I have a Xikar that I like.

Having said that, I prefer matches.

john51277 Guest

PB-207 I love it. Do a search for it.

The triple flame torch I have is about two years old and was purchased out of the cheap stuff display stand at a local B&M for a whopping $6.99. Never had trouble with it. Grab a cheapie unless you just really want to spend a buncha cash on a lighter.

do a search on the board for "lighter" - you'll get some hits:

link 1

link 2

john51277 and i have the same taste - blazers.

search before you ask grasshoppah...
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Dupont X-tend. Had it for over a year now and it has worked flawlessly. I think I paid a little over $100 when I bought it on sale.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

I bought this nice Xikar lighter and got a pretty little leather case for it and I carry it in my pocket every time I smoke... 90% of the time i still end up using matches.

Colibri CX-20. $20 on ebay and near indestructable. Single flame, not an extreme torch, but works good. One bit of advice to anyone; Use triple refined gas!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	col.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	575  

9. Default

You can find the PB-207 on ebay for about $45 shipped.
    "You shut your mouth while your talking to me"

I got my Tiger brand lighter after a good review from ChefChris. I got it for less than $10 shipped and quite like it. The torch lighters do a much better job than the conventional ones.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PREMIUM-TIGER-BR...QQcmdZViewItem
    When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
    When sorrows like sea billows roll;
    Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
    It is well, it is well, with my soul.

I think I'll check out my B&M before I do anything. Mainly just because I like the guys who work there and they always have some good conversation. If that doesn't work out, I'll try ebay and see about those tiger lighters. Thanks for all the info again guys.

-Wayne
    Wanna-be beach bum.

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
    “Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party.”
    - A VERY wise man from Mississippi

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord, for thee..."

Colibri Tri-cutta, lighter and three punch sizes in one
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Bought a Xikar Lighter when they first came out, it didn't hold up very good at all and wasn't worth the price. They have differnet ones now, I'm sure they are better. Also have had some cheaper two and three flame tourches, never had any problems with them but to much lighter for me. Your smoking a cigar not a tree. What I have now is a Zippo body with a Z-plus insert. it Z-plus works great, its pretty cheap $12.00 (you can get one at www.seriouscigars.com ). Plus you can use any Zippo type body you want meaning you will have close to a one of a kind lighter none of your friends have.

14. Default

Blazer CG001.

Passes through airport security xrays. Has a huge gas tank that's visible if you buy the transparent plastic case model. Very reliable.

Drawback is it's a tad bulky in the pocket.

Thread Information