I saw this on a different forum a while back and didn't think much about it at the time, but have been giving this some thought as of late.

Starting this week, the wife and I started car shopping for her a new car. She has always wanted to own a Jaguar at least once in her life. As we were discussing down payments/monthly payments, it occured to me that are looking at buying a car that not too long ago was out of our league. It got me looking at other things also. We both have very good jobs, have three beautiful daughters, a home we intend on staying in for a while. At my age (30), I feel I am doing well. What I suppose I just realized is that the 5 years of working full time, and going to school full time, is starting to payoff. I still have alot to do in life, but I feel good of what I have been able to accomplish thus far.

So my question to you is: If you think you have "made it", at what point did you? If you don't think you are quite there yet, what do you have left to do or accomplish? This is all based on YOUR opinion, not of when you think others will feel you have "made it". This has nothing to do with money, materials, it is whatever is important to you.