Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When have you "Made It"?

After I have all the toys I want, and dont have to work another fucking day in my life and can play, then I have made it. So, 37 years and 10 months to go till I make it!
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

2. Default

Well,

to be honest with you, in the usual sense i have made it... age 27, great job, good pay, beautiful wife, gorgeous car, great friends, excellent cigars, good health etc etc... but still

not having a baby yet (medical assistance needed) makes some of those things taste blunt...

Anyhow, back to the matter at hand...

I do not live my life watching back on my few accomplishments. I truly believe, that the way to happiness and peace of mind can be found in the present moment.

In other words: i have not made it, i am making it.

please feel free to comment and reply...

miker

Actually, right now I feel I've made it. I'm finishing school while the wife works, so I get all the laziness fun of college (well, not all of it), but without the whole living on ramen noodles thing. It's a good life.

Unfortunately, the wife isn't planning on supporting my lazy butt forever, so I'm gonna need a job eventually.

Just to make a point clear. I am not asking if or when do you realize that you could want no more in life. Life, in my opinion doesn't stop, to be happy, successful, you must never quit, or be completely satisfied.

However, for me (and maybe me only), years ago, I visualized where I would like to be at different points of my life. More recently I stopped and took a look of where I am right now, and I have reached many of the goals I wanted to at this point (Relationship, Family, Job, House). I also realized there were somethings I haven't accomplished, which for me only makes me drive harder to get them and others.

For one of the first times I am really happy of where I am, I have always been happy with my life, but alot of the times before, I felt something missing, but didn't every really know what it was. I am not in a constant battle between different parts of my life (work, family, school, social) they all blend together. I have a job, where I can take a long lunch, pick up something for me (cigar) something for my wife (wine) and come home and watch the children play and amaze me with the simplest things. Conversations I have had in the past week with my wife range from real estate investments to where to find a daquiri machine for our annual crawfish boil (where each year there are more guests and more beer). Life if Grand!

Am I where I want to be in 10 years? Hell No! Not even close, I have more money to earn, more time with my family and of course more finer things in life to explore.

This is sort of like a ranting, and it's not intended to be. Sorry if it appears to be

Quote Originally Posted by eriksson20 View Post
    Well,

to be honest with you, in the usual sense i have made it... age 27, great job, good pay, beautiful wife, gorgeous car, great friends, excellent cigars, good health etc etc... but still

not having a baby yet (medical assistance needed) makes some of those things taste blunt...

Anyhow, back to the matter at hand...

I do not live my life watching back on my few accomplishments. I truly believe, that the way to happiness and peace of mind can be found in the present moment.

In other words: i have not made it, i am making it.

please feel free to comment and reply...

miker
    Here here!!! You go it right on the money there, mucho applause!!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

I've been thinking a lot about this question lately. My BF was shot in the line of duty back in January, and I think he'd have a great answer for this... I'm going to have to ask him.

I like hefty's response.

The following picture was taken by me just a few hours after my son was born. It's one of my favorite pictures and most memorable moments in my life. That's when I knew I had made it.

I look forward to making it again. My wife and I practice weekly.

Yes that is one awesome pic.

An update on something that was talked about earlier in this thread.

After 4 hours of going back and forth with sales, I came home and gave my wife the keys to her mother's day present

2004 4.2 liter V-8 S-type. Pics will come sometime this weekend. The drive back was 3 hours of pure bliss.

Basc dealership picture. May get some better pics today. I will say one thing, I have many cars that didn't lack power, but this thing will flat shit and get.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SylviaJag.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	594  

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    I like hefty's response.

The following picture was taken by me just a few hours after my son was born. It's one of my favorite pictures and most memorable moments in my life. That's when I knew I had made it.

I took care or the previously posted baby issue, and am now waiting for the similar moment you show in that pic. today i posted a thread saying that my wie told me today she is pregnant... how many more times can you feel you have made it???? WOW

miker

Quote Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
    Basc dealership picture. May get some better pics today. I will say one thing, I have many cars that didn't lack power, but this thing will flat shit and get.
    Congrats dude, thats a sweet ride. Can you smoke in it?

Quote Originally Posted by eriksson20 View Post
    I took care or the previously posted baby issue, and am now waiting for the similar moment you show in that pic. today i posted a thread saying that my wie told me today she is pregnant... how many more times can you feel you have made it???? WOW

miker
    Congratulations! Get ready for that "I've made it" feeling quite often. Just to name a few...

First time your hear your babies heartbeat...
    Ultrasound...
    Birth...
    First time you touch your child...
    Seeing your wife holding your child for the first time...
    and many many more.

First off WOXOXO, that's a picture I would expect in an art gallery blown up 5 feet by 5 feet. Conveys a whole lot and is best viewed without an introduction and while running the rat race mentally. Catches you offguard and reminds you of whats important. A big

Secondly, the Korean... Why not the XK!!!

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    snip...
    Dude, that's one special picture, in so may ways!!!!

As for practicing weekly, how long you've been married?? We've got 28 years in next month and I can't remember the last time we practiced!!!!!!!!!!

lol A few years ago I was having absolutely cruel headaches for a week that wouldn't go away. My dad (a doctor) asked if they intensified when I had an orgasm. I looked at the wife and said "I don't know, I don't think I had the headache 3 months ago". Headache went away, and suddenly had this sharp pain in my right arm!!!!
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

i feel a lil young in this thread but i find it so inspriing. it feels like 'making it' is acheiving those long term goals that you set along your life..the harder the better. i myself have had a lil glimpse of that with my amazing girlfriend, i never thought i would find love. 'success is nothing without someone to share it with'. i can only imagine what its gona feel like to get married, have a baby, buy that nice toy just because you can...great thread! i have so much to work for and look forward to...

-victor

Quote Originally Posted by HersheyWalker View Post
    First off WOXOXO, that's a picture I would expect in an art gallery blown up 5 feet by 5 feet. Conveys a whole lot and is best viewed without an introduction and while running the rat race mentally. Catches you offguard and reminds you of whats important. A big
    Thanks, that's not a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie View Post
    Dude, that's one special picture, in so may ways!!!!

As for practicing weekly, how long you've been married?? We've got 28 years in next month and I can't remember the last time we practiced!!!!!!!!!!

lol A few years ago I was having absolutely cruel headaches for a week that wouldn't go away. My dad (a doctor) asked if they intensified when I had an orgasm. I looked at the wife and said "I don't know, I don't think I had the headache 3 months ago". Headache went away, and suddenly had this sharp pain in my right arm!!!!
    LMAO, we've been married for 7 years.

Thread Information