Thread: Punch Elites

Thumbs down Punch Elites

I picked one up today to try something new. Wow did I pick the wrong stick. I wasn't expecting it to be amazing for the price, but I thought it was going to be decent.

Where to begin. First of all it didn't put out much smoke. The draw was much tighter than I prefer. I actually had to work to get smoke out of it. Then because I had to work so much the smoke was hot and it tasted harsh. The ash would stay on for maybe a 1/4 of an inch or so. It looked pretty but it fell way to easily.

After I got about 2 inches in I almost gave up. I was taking one last puff before I tossed it and it opened up. Still not as much smoke as I would have like or expected, but it was a big step from before. But...the wrapper cracked shortly after. Then one of my friends stopped by the coffee shop and I was talking to her and it went out. I didn't bother to relight it.

On the up side, the burn was very nice. It got a little out of whack once but quickly fixed itself, and it wasn't bad looking.

I don't think I'd give this another chance unless it was given to me. There are just better things to spend the same money on.

I'm guessing the cigar was wet. Many BM shops humidify with the equivalent of a Vicks mist humidifier cranking all day long. %80-%90 humidity is not uncommon at the end of the day. A tight draw as you describe along with a wet burn will completely ruin a cigar in my experience.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

actually, I looked at the humidifier in the case and it was set at an acceptable humidity. I've never had any wet cigars from this place before either. It also lit fairly easily.

i received an elite maduro in a bomb awhile back and enjoyed it very much, i think you may have gotten a bad stick, as a side note i noticed a very fragile ash as well

what did you pay for it by the way?

john51277 Guest

I have a box of these which are about halfway gone, they are not bad at all in my book for what was paid. I have had absolutely no draw problems either. The ash is ok, but its not like that really matters. You should give it another try later down the road. Just write it off as a plugged Elite.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnstar590 View Post
    I picked one up.

Poor basis for a review
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by boomshay View Post
    i received an elite maduro in a bomb awhile back and enjoyed it very much, i think you may have gotten a bad stick, as a side note i noticed a very fragile ash as well

what did you pay for it by the way?
    I think it was around 4?

Blog Entries

I regularly smoke punch, mainly the london club but also the elite from time to time.....you might want to try a few more before making up your mind about them.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I regularly smoke punch, mainly the london club but also the elite from time to time.....you might want to try a few more before making up your mind about them.
    I had the London Club the other day, and it wasn't bad. I also just got a few other punches in a trade that I will try.

Thread Information