Just arrived! A new shipment of...

Men's Short Sleeve Guayabera Shirt
    Fabric Content:65%Poly/35%Cotton

Compare at $45.00-$60.00
    Cigarmony.com Price!: $34.99

Colors Available:
    Cream, Black or White

Sizes Available:

Medium, Large, XL, 1XL (between XL & 2XL)

Prices:
    $34.99 (M-XL)
    $37.99 (1XL)

http://www.cigarmony.com/store/index.php?cPath=53_45

Guayabera (aka "Mexican Wedding Shirt")
    The Guayabera shirt (gwhy-ah-bear-ah) is one of the most authentic symbols of the Cuban culture. They are made of light fabrics to weather tropical heat. Distinctive for its two vertical pleats, four spacious pockets, this tropical shirt is a cultural icon of masculine elegance. It's the all-purpose shirt of Latin menswear.

The guayabera is originally a men's shirt originating in Cuba in the early 1800s. It later spread to Latin America where its popularity grew. It has four front pockets (two above and two below) and two vertical lines of alforzas (ten vertical pleats that are very closely sewed and pass from above the top pockets down to the bottom of the shirt). The top of each pocket is usually adorned with a button, as are the bottoms of the alforzas. The Cuban guayabera, unlike the Mexican, also has the alforzas going down the center of the shirt, over the button holes. The back of the guayabera also follows the same pattern of alforzas. The bottom of the shirt has three-inch slits on each side engaged with a small button. As a straight-bottomed shirt, it is worn outside the trousers.

Traditionally worn in white, guayaberas are now available in many colors and shades. Cuban designers in exile have modified the original style, thus creating guayaberas for women as well as guayabera-styled dresses. Guayabera use has also spread to many other Latin countries throughout the year.

The origin of the name guayabera may come from a Cuban legend that tells of a poor countryside seamstress sewing large pockets into her husband's shirts for carrying guava (guayabas) from the field, thus creating the guayabera style. The guayabera's name may also have originated from the word yayabero, the word for a person who lived near the Yayabo River in Cuba.

Happy smoking my friends!
    ~Mark Neff

Quote Originally Posted by n2advnture View Post
    Just arrived! A new shipment of...

Men's Short Sleeve Guayabera Shirt
    Fabric Content:65%Poly/35%Cotton

*Content Deleted for Space*

Happy smoking my friends!
    ~Mark Neff

Damn You Mark!

Just when I thought I would get away with an ashtray and a 50 count Xtreme travel Humidor you had to go and add this!

-Will

P.S. Have you had any shipping troubles to Toronto, Canada?
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Damn You Mark!

Just when I thought I would get away with an ashtray and a 50 count Xtreme travel Humidor you had to go and add this!

-Will
    P.S. Have you had any shipping troubles to Toronto, Canada?
    Will power is my worst enemy

No problems shipping anywhere

~Mark

Quote Originally Posted by n2advnture View Post
    Will power is my worst enemy

No problems shipping anywhere

~Mark
    Mine is so bad I am considering one in White and one in Creme. Wife might kill me though. heheh.

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Big from me as far as service and international shipping goes from Mark. As well, the Guayaberas are pretty sweet.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Thread Information