Thread: Dallas- Help?

Default Dallas- Help?

I will be on business in Dallas - May 14-17 staying at the Hotel Lawrence downtown. Anyone have any suggestions on good B&Ms and/or cigar friendly establishments in that area?
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post
    I will be on business in Dallas - May 14-17 staying at the Hotel Lawrence downtown. Anyone have any suggestions on good B&Ms and/or cigar friendly establishments in that area?
    Marcsheldon over at CP has a nice shop in the Dallas area...Shoot him a PM and I know he will treat you right!!

I don't know many downtown anymore, I'm sure Morton's Steakhouse will let you smoke there. If you are wanting to have a good steak with it I would drop by Bob's Steak and Chophouse. http://www.bobs-steakandchop.com/ If you are willing to drive I would come up to Two Brothers in Plano. www.twobrotherscigar.com. That is my favorite B&M, everyone is friendly and it's a very nice setup.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wh0re View Post
    I don't know many downtown anymore, I'm sure Morton's Steakhouse will let you smoke there. If you are wanting to have a good steak with it I would drop by Bob's Steak and Chophouse. http://www.bobs-steakandchop.com/ If you are willing to drive I would come up to Two Brothers in Plano. www.twobrotherscigar.com. That is my favorite B&M, everyone is friendly and it's a very nice setup.
    I am glad I saw your post! I got in to dallas last night and I had a few meeetings this morning. I have the rest of the afternoon off until a meeting at 6 pm so I am gonna go check out two brothers! If anyone would like to join me I'd enjoy the company. I'll take my laptop and check the board.

Nelson

Heck yeah - kind of depends on where you are. My favorite so far is Montfort Cigar - very large walk-in, excellent selection, and prices that are very often comparable to on-line. Usually they try to sell me a box or two, but the deals are good. It's on Montfort, just north of loop 635 (LBJ frwy), but there's not a Montfort exit. Take Preston north off of LBJ and then Alpha back east for a 2-3 blocks and then left again on Montfort. It'll be on your right. No lounge, but there's a bench outside in front.

If you're in Addison, there's Addison Cigar. There's a lounge here - TV. But you're really close enough to make the drive to Montfort and it's worth it for the selection and prices.

If you're in Frisco, you can't miss the mall - it's pretty big - and they have an Up In Smoke in there. Prices are decent - there's a lounge, and there might be a fee. It's probably worth it to the guy who wants to escape the mall shopping trip and just chill.

Skip Dallas Cigar on lower Greenville - they suck.

Never been to Two Bothers, but will definitely see about it when I'm there next.

ETA: whoops, re-read your post James and saw you're downtown. Resist the temptation to hit Dallas Cigar - it's the closest one to you that I listed. But from downtown, Montfort is easy to get to - probably take North Central Expressway (75) up to LBJ and head east to Preston. 15-20 minutes.
    Last edited by basil; 09-24-2009 at 02:00 PM.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Thread Information