Thread: CAO Vision

Thumbs up CAO Vision

I stopped at one of the better B&M's there and had to buy one. The box makes you want one. I was hesitant at $12.50, but it was a big smoke and the box told me to. Also My senior prom is tomorrow,a n I won't be able to have one, so I had it tonight instead.

I had the Epiphany version, which is a Toro size at 6x50

Look- Its beautiful. Very smooth, firm, and an overall attractive cigar. The band is also unique. As I said before, the box draws a lot of attention in the cabinet.

Light- The cut was very nice. I used my stainless double blade. It lit easy and in no time I was puffing away.

Smoke- The draw was effortless. It put out a good amount of smoke. It could have been a little creamier, but nothing to complain about. It started mellow and sweet, but then it developed a faint spicyness. Over the course of the smoke this spicyness got stronger and then lighter. I'm not good at picking out flavors yet, but it most certainly didn't taste bad. It was a sweet-spice with a little hint of cedar I'd say

It went out about an hour in, at a fault of my own, I got caught up in a conversation. At this point there was about 2 inches left and it was getting chilly, so I didn't relight. It made me sad to toss it though.

Overall it was a very nice, well rounded smoke. It is a really nice medium to medium-full bodied smoke. Probably should be sitting down towards the end of it. But at a smoke of this cost you should be relaxing and enjoying it anyways.

I say try it once. Maybe get a couple for when you want to have something different. The cost is the real turn off, and it is most obviously because of the box. As another review I read stated...Put them in a normal box to cut cost for shops selling singles, and save the fancy box for people buying full boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnstar590 View Post
    I As another review I read stated...Put them in a normal box to cut cost for shops selling singles, and save the fancy box for people buying full boxes.

Actually had one myself and found it to be a good cigar but not worth the price or hype that came with it. If you want to try something similar try the Exile by Cuban Imports. Identical flavor or maybe a bit more flavorful at half he price.

Quote Originally Posted by BunkyX View Post
    Actually had one myself and found it to be a good cigar but not worth the price or hype that came with it. If you want to try something similar try the Exile by Cuban Imports. Identical flavor or maybe a bit more flavorful at half he price.
    I haven't had the Vision yet. Can't find them anywhere around here. But, I will agree that the Exile is an awesome cigar, I actually smoked one yesterday. The packaging on the Exile isn't all that bad either. They are wrapped in copies of the newspaper headline about the embargo on Cuba. Thats pretty cool in my book

-Wayne
    Wanna-be beach bum.

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
    “Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party.”
    - A VERY wise man from Mississippi

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord, for thee..."

Have smoked one but a smaller size, was good but yes over priced. Seem more just medium to me not medium-full. one thing CAO does have going for them is the bands, them have some of the best.

Thanks for this great review!

The Vision is on my 'wish list' and most of the reviews I've read/heard so far have mentioned burn issues. I was kind of getting discouraged about wanting to try this cigar.

Thanks, again.

I'm going to try one just for the fact that my B&M is putting the names of everyone who bought one in a hat and the winner gets one of those fancy boxes they come in.

Thread Information