Thread: Evolution...not really political, maybe controversial

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Evolution...not really political, maybe controversial

What are your thoughts on the issue? For the birds? Firm believer?

from me.

edit: If I (or anyone) believe in evolution or not, it doesn't make it real or unreal. It also doesn't prove or disprove any particular religion.

It's also not politics or religion, evolution is science. As such it's subject to tests, the scientific method, and is one of the most robust of scientific theories (it's not just a theory).

As far as the mainstream scientific community is concerned there is no debate, it's a fact (like gravity). It has happened and is happening. It's testable, observable, repeatable and the basis of biology and the medical sciences. I'm sure many of us have reaped the benifits of its study and understanding, many without even knowing it.

It certainly isn't in line with some of the more fundamentalist doctrines, but that doesn't have a bearing on whether it's true or otherwise.
    Last edited by rsanz; 04-30-2007 at 05:51 AM. Reason: elaboration...
    "Science is a candle in the dark" - some science guy

MMmmm... scotch. Another love.

3. Default

Yea more shit to divide this place. What a fucking neat topic to discuss

asshats
    The older I get ,the better I was

Maybe he mean Revolution - as in the revolution that brought Castro to power in Cuba and turned the entire cigar industry on its ear.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post

asshats
    That's over the top.

6. Default

it's the PF forum ,boo motherfucking hoo hoo

7. Default

I'm not gonna monkey around with this thread.

Cool

On the fence......
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post

asshats
    Although not how I would have worded it, pretty much the same way I feel. Why hasn't anyone figured out that politics, religion, and cigars don't mix. Like many other threads in this section, I don't see how this could possibly be constructive for the forum.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    Although not how I would have worded it, pretty much the same way I feel. Why hasn't anyone figured out that politics, religion, and cigars don't mix. Like many other threads in this section, I don't see how this could possibly be constructive for the forum.

LOL ,spoken in ,outdoor,surly ,obnoxious ,plain talk

The evolutionist position is that we evolved from a rock... That's just too much for me to swallow.

In theory, evolution has a possibility of occurring if time is equal to infinity. When time is equal to infinity all things that are possible will occur. But time is far from infinite. I believe our earth is less than 7,000 years old, but putting that conjecture aside and taking the universe to be 6.5 billion years old destroys evolution and reveals it's mathematical absurdity.

When we look at the chemical processes that must have occurred for the first protein to have evolved from non-life, we are faced with odds of occurrance in the neighborhood of 1 x 10^65. Given 6.5 billion years still leaves us with a chance of 1 x 10^54. Anything over 1 x 10^50 is considered a mathematical absurdity. Evolutionists conducting research towards proving evolution are being converted into Intelligent Designers by the boatloads due to the overwhelming impossibility that the chemical evolutionary model poses. Leading researchers are not converting to Christianity, but they are coming around and agreeing that chemical evolution could not have taken place.

We can get into details, but I'm almost certain none of you want to go there. This is only one point of many where evolution crumbles. It is a stupid idea that a small group of powerful humanists with antisemitic leanings took in the 1950's and forced into our public education system. They have an agenda which calls for a New World Order with a small group of ruling elite and a large group of slaves. By infusing the masses with the idea that they are nothing more than a glorified monkey, they are able to more easily roll out their plan a step at a time. What they don't want is a large group of people who believe that they are made in the image of God, each with inalienable rights, and irrevocable worth as a human being.

We are entering a new era which will have monumental changes in the way we eat, breath, and procreate. Open your eyes. Peak oil, the Patriot Act, environmental nuts, Martial Law, population reduction, etc. All these ideas are setting the stage for a drama which will completely revamp society in the blink of an eye.
    Last edited by HersheyWalker; 04-30-2007 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HersheyWalker View Post
    The evolutionist position is that we evolved from a rock... That's just too much for me to swallow.

In theory, evolution has a possibility of occurring if time is equal to infinity. When time is equal to infinity all things that are possible will occur. But time is far from infinite. I believe our earth is less than 7,000 years old, but putting that conjecture aside and taking the universe to be 6.5 billion years old destroys evolution and reveals it's mathematical absurdity.

When we look at the chemical processes that must have occurred for the first protein to have evolved from non-life, we are faced with odds of occurrance in the neighborhood of 1 x 10^65. Given 6.5 billion years still leaves us with a chance of 1 x 10^54. Anything over 1 x 10^50 is considered a mathematical absurdity. Evolutionists conducting research towards proving evolution are being converted into Intelligent Designers by the boatloads due to the overwhelming impossibility that the chemical evolutionary model poses. Leading researchers are not converting to Christianity, but they are coming around and agreeing that chemical evolution could not have taken place.

We can get into details, but I'm almost certain none of you want to go there. This is only one point of many where evolution crumbles. It is a stupid idea that a small group of powerful humanists with antisemitic leanings took in the 1950's and forced into our public education system. They have an agenda which calls for a New World Order with a small group of ruling elite and a large group of slaves. By infusing the masses with the idea that they are nothing more than a glorified monkey, they are able to more easily roll out their plan a step at a time. What they don't want is a large group of people who believe that they are made in the image of God, each with inalienable rights, and irrevocable worth as a human being.

We are entering a new era which will have monumental changes in the way we eat, breath, and procreate. Open your eyes. Peak oil, the Patriot Act, environmental nuts, Martial Law, population reduction, etc. All these ideas are setting the stage for a drama which will completely revamp society in the blink of an eye.
    This is a joke, right?

Thread Information