Thread: Laptop

Default Laptop

I just received approval for a new laptop to replace the one destroyed in the fire. any suggestions?
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

I have a Toshiba-Tecra, and IMHO it is one of the better laptops I have had. I go from different wireless networks (work, home, coffee shop), and it is one of the easiest to go from one to another.

Thanks. I was reading the other thread on this and the Vaio seems descent too.
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

Brenham, TX.....home of BlueBell Ice Cream!

To be honest...you cant really go wrong with any name brand laptop these days. They all offer the same options and most are priced reasonably the same. What I look at now days when getting a laptop is customer service. HP, Dell, and Gateway all have fablous customer service. If it breaks, they send you a shipping label so you can send it to them to have it worked on and they send it right back. So what it comes down to is which brand/style do you like best.

Blog Entries

Worry more about vista and how a brand of PC is working with the new program. Read what its saying about the ram and how much you may need. Do not be fooled with a pc that come with vista loaded and does not have large ram space.
    Toshiba is a good brand.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

You'd be crazy to buy anything else
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Get an IBM T series or X series. They are work horses used by a lot of the consulting firms for their durability. I LOVE mine - and bought one for personal use.

Take a look on the IBM website - or rather, now go to www.lenovo.com - still got another year or so before any of the work horses will show signs of new ownership. Send you a PM on some pricing details.

Good luck.
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

What do you plan on using it for? Do you want something lightweight or something that will replace your desktop?

If you want something lightweight go for something with a 13-14.1" screen and less than 1.25" thick.

If you are searching for a desktop replacement go with the 17" screen and the ability to upgrade the graphics.

Price is always another concern.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114 View Post

You'd be crazy to buy anything else
    I support this message.

So long as you don't absolutely need windows, the absolute best you could get would be an Apple. They seem to travel way better than my PC laptops have in the past.

10. Default

I agree with the apple statements, but if that is not possible, go with a HP or gateway. If you get a dell, you will regret it in under a year. Not probably, not maybe, you WILL. I haven't met anybody that has had one last longer then a year, and after inspection of my own, I noticed that they did not know how to install the processor. Upon their installation, they broken pins off because it wasn't properly aligned.

Please, coming from someone who builds/fixes computers, don't get a dell.

Also, if you plan to run vista, also plan on getting 2g of ram at least and putting up with a ton of bugs. If you want the ins and outs of each company or advice on specific models, message me.

11. Default

My buddy just got a mac and he uses boot camp when he needs winbloze.

12. Default

im not sure what laptop you decided on but i heard the macbooks are really awesome. I personally have never used a mac and i did once or twice and I didn't find ti as user friendly but from what i hear they hold up better.
    Live Life to the Fullest
    Tateossian

Thread Information