Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheap Booze!

That sucks. There's a tiny little dive bar near here where you can get lit for like ten bucks. My friend ordered 3 shots of Crown Royal and a Heineken, and it came to 8 bucks.

What I love is what they call drinks at popuar dance clubs. There was one place that served shots in these tiny little medicine cups. There was maybe half an ounce in it and they called it a shot. I assume it's the same measure they put in a mixed drink. The mixed drinks were in small glasses packed with ice. Four or five sips though the cocktail straw and it was gone. You want to stick with bottled drinks at places like that. At least you know what you're getting.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

We have some of those around here too, but not the place I mentioned earlier, definitely full sized, if not more, shots. It's not a social place at all though, just somewhere you go to drink.

Mmmmm...gotta love booze, man!
    "Destiny, John, is a fickle bitch!"
    - Benjamin Linus

An unusual liquor I like is Ouzo. A Greek Licorice flavored drink. Strange, since I generally hate Licorice. I don't like Sambuca though. Too sweet.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Booze
    Jim Beam

Beer
    keystone/Natty Light what ever is available in the largest amount for the least amount.

I heard that Keystone was the Coors Light that didn't pass quality control. I think that this is true because some 30 racks are good and others are absolute trash. In the end any Coors product is still just Colorado tap water.
    N.O.L.A.

Quote Originally Posted by rpcky16 View Post
    . In the end any Coors product is still just Colorado tap water.

How true. I remember a dust up about 10 years ago when it was learned that Coors shipped a "concentrated" version of it's beers via rail car from Colorado to a canning plant in NJ where it was re-hydrated, with Jersey tap water, and canned. Competitors were trying to get them to drop the "Colorado Mountain Spring Water" campaign but failed.

I generally stick with Stella, 60 bottles for £20 if you hunt around in season.

Own brand gin is generally OK and it makes a fine sloe gin.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

In college I discovered Genesee Cream Ale, aka Genny Cream. Something like $12 for a 30 rack at the local beer store. Pretty damn tasty as well.

spiffy

10. Default

I'm a big fan of Southpaw since I can get it in a 6er of 16 oz cans for $2.85.

And I also actually kind of like the King Cobras, .99 for a 32 oz. beer which is plenty to get me a little loose if I drink the whole thing before it gets warm.

If you are looking for something cheap and don't care much for taste then you could always get Red Dog beer.
    It's $6 for a 30-pack and according to a friend the taste is basically "straight yeast."
    As for cheap liquor, here's what I've have had, and don't plan on having again:

Rum - Port Royal
    Vodka -Bartons, Zelko, Popov
    Whiskey - Early Times

Thread Information