Thread: Hunting via the net banned in California

SFG75 Guest

Default Hunting via the net banned in California

Now this sounds like a heck of an idea. I'm not certain that I'd hit anything, but man-it would be fun to try!.

While many who use the Internet on a daily basis are no longer surprised by its endless possibilities, www.live-shot.com is a whole new, well, hunting game. The site allows members to use a Webcam and their keyboard and mouse to hunt animals on a farm in Texas. Now, California lawmakers have voted to ban it.

The bill would ban remote hunting in California and would bar anyone from operating such a Web site within state borders.

The Web site, which appears to be the only one in this remote hunting genre, links a paying customer sitting at a computer with a gun at a remote "secluded" facility in Texas. Paying members can "schedule a reserved session time which allows exclusive control of the shooting system to fire at a choice of various reactive targets," according to the site.

The California bill, which now goes to the state Assembly, would also ban importing animals that have been killed through such a Web site.

There are discussions in 14 other states considering a similar bills.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=701030&page=1

Anyone ever try this??

Blog Entries

Do they smoke cigars when they do remote hunting? I must have missed that in the article......

it may not pertain to cigars, but i find it kind of interesting being a hunter. i heard about this a couple of months ago. i think its fucking rediculous to hunt from a computer

I agree....not a very "sporting" way of shooting an animal.

now if they could come up with a way to do a little noodling over the internet they would be onto something!

its just another way to contribute to the obesity of america

it'd be cool if they had cars from junk yard to shoot at. and you could use a rifle, a shot gun, a rocket launcher. that'd be sweet

Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey
    I agree....not a very "sporting" way of shooting an animal.

now if they could come up with a way to do a little noodling over the internet they would be onto something!

Yeah - noodling!!! What a fascinating sport!!! While ESPN did post an article, apparently it's not significant enough to televise... All the major networks are missing out on this one... Scotty should start a letter writing campaign.

At least you can smoke a cigar while you remotely fire at animals - seems hard to smoke cigars while you're noodling fish...

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    Yeah - noodling!!! What a fascinating sport!!! While ESPN did post an article, apparently it's not significant enough to televise... All the major networks are missing out on this one... Scotty should start a letter writing campaign.

At least you can smoke a cigar while you remotely fire at animals - seems hard to smoke cigars while you're noodling fish...
    that's my point of finding a way to do it over the internet.

boy i guess i have to start explaining all my jokes here....

Thread Information