Thread: What adventures have you had?

Default What adventures have you had?

What adventures have you had? I was in college in Colorado and I spent 40 nights a year under the starts. Colorado also left me a great jumping off point to explore Utah, Nevada and the mountains which make up most of the state. Four wheeling made up a lot of my entertainment. I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and that sucker was surely trail rated. I drove down so many old mining trails and used the Jeep to get to the top of many rocks. My favorite camping spot was over looking Georgetown which is just east of the Eisenhower tunnel. Sitting on top of the mountain watch traffic travel up and down I-70 while drinking micro brew was a highlight of many weekends. I’ve also camped in many ‘unique’ area of Utah. Finding camping spots was an adventure in and of itself. What have you done for adventure?
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Just spent 3 nights camping and fishing with old friends on Baden Lake, NC. Caught lots of fish. Consumed alot of deer, fish, and cigars. Rained too much, but we were prepared. Here's a 26 lb blue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	234.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	588  

Nice catch Pub!
    A couple years ago on a snowboarding trip me, my brother and 2 friends went searching for some powder, as the conditions weren't so great. So we go "out of bounds" down the side of a run into some trees with a couple feet of heavy powder. Ends up we went down into a little valley. We walked for around 3 hours carrying our boards getting soaked, because it was snowing wet snow, until we finally made it out onto another run.

was on tour with a band for a while. probably the best time of my life. I passed by some places on the way down to Florida that we had stopped at and had a good laugh and told some stories. never knowing where you were going to sleep, if you were going to eat, and if you were eating was the sun gonna be in the right position to warm it up on the dashboard of the van. i loved every second of it and wish I was still doing it.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

I'm an Eagle Scout, so I've had my fair share of adventures. I spent 12 days kayaking, portaging, and camping in New York's Adirondack mountains/lakes, a week hiking and white water rafting down the Colorado River, a week or ten days Scuba diving around Ft Lauderdale and the Florida Keys, etc. All trips were absolutely fantastic. I'll also hopefully be taking a cross-country road trip this summer.

Blog Entries

Air Force Survival School. However, I can't talk about it.

oh, i also went scuba diving in Grand Caymen last week. Too bad I missed the e-fight.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

I went to Peru last summer for 3 months. There's a village there called Chicama which is home to one of the longest right breaking waves in the world. When it's working properly it measures between a mile to 1.5 miles depending on who you ask. Nobody's ever broken out the tape measure.

I stayed at a small hotel called El Hombre for 5 bucks a night. Spent a lot of time learning to play the guitar, waiting for a big enough swell to get the place doing it's thing. I'd say I had 18 days of solid surfing time over the course of my stay. Waking up at day break, 6:00, walking up the length of the rocky point, 15 minutes, and surfing down the beach, 2 minutes, over and over and over... All day when the swell was pumping.

You can't buy memories like. Doing 10 figure eights in a row on a 8 foot wave face...

This deserved to get revived so...

At my bachelor party camping trip (don't worry, nothing scandalous) we went to Summersville Lake, WV, as they have some awesome climbing there. At one point we were doing a scavenger hunt that involved jumping off some cliffs and swimming to shore. The cliff we were standing at was 60-70 feet high and had a giant log floating right underneath it. So I walked a little ways further and found a shorter cliff with a better landing area. I didn't realize at the time however, that this meant I had to swim much further to get back to the place we were going. If it wasn't for one of my friends throwing me one of those pool noodles I would have needed to get rescued I think. Definitely a good time...except for the whole 'thinking I was going to die' part.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    Air Force Survival School. However, I can't talk about it.
    I am not in the Air Force..but I too can not talk about it.....

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Quote Originally Posted by HersheyWalker View Post
    I went to Peru last summer for 3 months. There's a village there called Chicama which is home to one of the longest right breaking waves in the world. When it's working properly it measures between a mile to 1.5 miles depending on who you ask. Nobody's ever broken out the tape measure.

I stayed at a small hotel called El Hombre for 5 bucks a night. Spent a lot of time learning to play the guitar, waiting for a big enough swell to get the place doing it's thing. I'd say I had 18 days of solid surfing time over the course of my stay. Waking up at day break, 6:00, walking up the length of the rocky point, 15 minutes, and surfing down the beach, 2 minutes, over and over and over... All day when the swell was pumping.

You can't buy memories like. Doing 10 figure eights in a row on a 8 foot wave face...

Ever read "In search of Captain Zero? its about an a guy who drives down to Costa Rica in search of an exPat fiend who moved down there to surf everyday for the rest of his life. The guy has some pretty wild adventures on his way down there, its a good read. I think you may like it.

Quote Originally Posted by mills View Post
    This deserved to get revived so...

At my bachelor party camping trip (don't worry, nothing scandalous) we went to Summersville Lake, WV, as they have some awesome climbing there. At one point we were doing a scavenger hunt that involved jumping off some cliffs and swimming to shore. The cliff we were standing at was 60-70 feet high and had a giant log floating right underneath it. So I walked a little ways further and found a shorter cliff with a better landing area. I didn't realize at the time however, that this meant I had to swim much further to get back to the place we were going. If it wasn't for one of my friends throwing me one of those pool noodles I would have needed to get rescued I think. Definitely a good time...except for the whole 'thinking I was going to die' part.

That sounds like a good trip! Camping trips have be the source of so many stories for me its increadible!
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

U.S. Army Paratrooper
    then
    Air assault
    then
    SERE

The rest of life has paled in comparison...

Thread Information