Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cigar LIVE !!!!!!!!

Default Cigar LIVE !!!!!!!!

Ok people Many of you have signed up on cigar live and keep posting there meaning that you seem to like that place. Since I told many of you about it certain people are saying that I may be doing it to make you switch to that board and abandone this one.

I want to acieve a few things with this post and both are extremelly important:

1) I know that I have not told you to switch boards because I assume all of you are intelligent and old enough to make your own decisions. Can you please post here whether I influenced your activities in any way?

2) Very important for the future of Cigar Smokers !!!!!!!

As many of you seem to post considerably on Cigar Live and for some of you perhaps less frequently here I am assuming you have good reasons for it. Please say all those reasons here as bluntly as possible. Say what you like tere and don't like here; and vice versa, make suggestions if need be. I am sure Hex is a reasonable person and will listen to those that make sense.

This thread is crucial to the future of Cigar Smokers and I urge everyone to participate and I will start off myself with Q 2

I have been on Cigar Smokers for about a year now. As I joined I really loved everything about this place. I have later been introduced to ther boards like Cigar Pass etc. I have noticed that cigar pass has a much more in terms of HERFS, Pasess, Reviews etc. Also cigar Pass does not allow for fighting name calling of other members etc. I think it is a much more civil approach to things. To each his own that is just what appeals to me. Also on this board for the past 3 months all I see is name calling fights polls to ban people etc. And the participation of senior members to add something constructive = advice, sensible info, reviews, anything cigar related has been almost non existant. I personally think both of those last statements combined brought this site in the eyes of the boards community way ay down. Every time I told people of Cigar Smokers the answer I got was OH that site with all the drama no thanks. Maked me ashamed. I told this to HEX and others many times. Those words were lost on deaf ears.

Now somebody showed me Cigar Live so far it has all the components of a good board and none of the drama. It is still young and will fall in certain traps that other new boards did, it will make its mistakes just like others did. But it will learn and hopefully become a great board. I personally will try to help the admin and the mods there to do whatever is necessary to benefit its future, At the same time I have been here since the start and want to see this place prosper more than any others. That is exactly why I urge everyone to voice their opinion on what you like what you don't like what you want changed. Hopefully with everyones help we will turn this place around and make it once again a good name in the cigar community.

PLEASE PLEASE PARTICIPATE THIS BOARD IS MEMBER MODERATED SO EACH MEMBER IS AS MUCH AN ONWER OF THIS BOARDS SUCCESS OR FAILURE AS ANYONE ELSE INCLUDING HEX THE ADMIN

2. Default

When you steal other boards content and rules you instantly get branded with the asshat board branding iron. Too touchty feely gooey for me,I'm not a yes man for anyone so that place just makes my stomach and ballsack feel uncomfortable. Good luck to ya and don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out like it almost killed shelby the whiner LOLOLOL
    The older I get ,the better I was

My love of CS has declined drastically over the last few months. All because of drama. I stay out of drama because if it doesn't involve me i don't want to be in it.

I love helping out the newbies, making samplers, PIF's, PASSes etc on here. I have met a GREAT group of people and was welcomed very well here. This place has a special place in my heart.

However, the last few months just seemed to have drama, jabs, cheap shots, snide remarks littered throughout. IMO that makes the board crap. I HATE seeing stuff like that. I HATE having to take sides to stay "cool" on the board. It seems that some were able to constantly dig at things and others were jumped on for coughing. Like I stated before....I stayed out of the drama and for good reasons. The less I know the happier I am, the same reason I do not ever watch any news except for 3minutes of weather in the morning before I go to work.

With that said. I still post here, I still trade here, I still help out when I can. But the drama has brought down this board considerably. I however stay away from it and do my best to avoid it. Sometimes it is just hard but I make the best and enjoy all the boards I can.

~Eddie

I will add CL is not the only place i have been hanging out on lately. That is one of the other places I have found.

Was this the place that stole Moki's shit a couple of months ago? I forget and don't feel like searching CP.

5. Default

No it was the "cigar hut" IIRC
    The older I get ,the better I was

That's right, thanks Kevin.

I received an invite as did several people. I was not influenced to leave this board whatsoever and I have not left this board. I, along with a lot of others, belong to several boards. If I post more on one vs. another, it means nothing other than the subjects at hand have something for me to add to at a particular time. CL is new, therefore the sky is the limit as far as what can be posted without it being old news or existing in the archives of the search function. Also, with it being new, time will tell how well it does and the general membership atmosphere. It is touted as being BS free, but that is impossible. Moderatation seems to be of issue over there and I am not impressed with some of what I am seeing. Anyway, people should feel free to belong to several boards and roam them at their own will. So Dan to answer your questions: No and No.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

James invited me. So I went. So far, seems cool.

Wrong.
    Last edited by nhcigarfan; 06-09-2007 at 10:32 AM.

I signed up there a while back after hearing about it on a couple of podcasts. I think 95% of my posts are welcomes to new members. Much like cigarpass, cigarlive is a little too busy for me to keep up with all that is going on. I'm curious how the moderators will shape that forum. I have seen a lot of the members here joining that board. IMO, that in itself says something about the way people feel about CS right now. I assume folks are a little tired of the temper tantrums and hissy fits that have plagued CS lately. There has been a lot of drama here recently but it will pass as it always does. When there is a lot of drama going on I usually don't post much, mainly because of the lack of cigar content. I still consider this my home board, and don't plan on going anywhere.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

I had 2 invites, and signed up. I haven't had much of a chance to spend much time there yet. Between 3 cigar boards, 2 pipe boards, 2 shaving boards, work, golf, motorcycling, yard work, teaching on weekends, etc I'm friggin' surprised I find time to smoke!!!!

I echo much of what James, Dan and Guado said, not all, but much of it.

Dan, I tried to say similar things in a different way in a thread I started. Obviously that bombed horribly, so all I can say is:

<<INCOMING>>
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post
    I received an invite as did several people. I was not influenced to leave this board whatsoever and I have not left this board. I, along with a lot of others, belong to several boards. If I post more on one vs. another, it means nothing other than the subjects at hand have something for me to add to at a particular time. CL is new, therefore the sky is the limit as far as what can be posted without it being old news or existing in the archives of the search function. Also, with it being new, time will tell how well it does and the general membership atmosphere. It is touted as being BS free, but that is impossible. Moderatation seems to be of issue over there and I am not impressed with some of what I am seeing. Anyway, people should feel free to belong to several boards and roam them at their own will. So Dan to answer your questions: No and No.
    Ditto.

What prompted this thread anyway? Sounds like drama?
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish in this thread, Dan - but it seems to me you're trying to stir something up in public. And you're saying you're not happy with the public stirring crap that's been going on...

What's up with that???

Sorry - but the other site is full of itself, has plagarized the cigar board community - and seems to be attracting an interesting bunch of characters.

Not sure where this one is headed, but I've seen this before...

Not stiring up anything. But since this is a member moderated board you guys are getting exactly what you asked in your questions. I am not about to speak for others and be told that it is bullshit. Let the people speak and you will hear all you need to hear

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    However, the last few months just seemed to have drama, jabs, cheap shots, snide remarks littered throughout. IMO that makes the board crap. I HATE seeing stuff like that. I HATE having to take sides to stay "cool" on the board. It seems that some were able to constantly dig at things and others were jumped on for coughing.

Thank you for hitting the nail right on the head. That is exactly why this board is on a downward spiral. Until that atmosphere changes it will continue to be looked upon in an unfavorable way.

Well spoken.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan View Post
    Not stiring up anything. But since this is a member moderated board you guys are getting exactly what you asked in your questions. I am not about to speak for others and be told that it is bullshit. Let the people speak and you will hear all you need to hear
    Who asked any questions? YOU started this thread completely out of the blue and like George said, you sure are trying to stir something up in public which you have whined in the past that you object to.

Practice what you preach.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 05-09-2007 at 10:11 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Thank you for hitting the nail right on the head. That is exactly why this board is on a downward spiral. Until that atmosphere changes it will continue to be looked upon in an unfavorable way.

Well spoken.

Well said Sarge!!!
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post

Well spoken.
    This board is hardly in a "downward spiral" Ken, where are you getting that from? The top 45 posters are pretty much ALL still active here and all of the people I've met here who've been steady posters on this site since early 2005 are still here.

"looked upon in an unfavorable way" by who exactly? sid, shelby, smokinDVM? I'm sorry but I don't see how that's a bad thing.

It sure seems to me that the cause of all the "trouble" here lately has been banned (sid) and things have been pretty darn nice around here ever since.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    This board is hardly in a "downward spiral" Ken, where are you getting that from? The top 45 posters are pretty much ALL still active here and all of the people I've met here who've been steady posters on this site since early 2005 are still here.

"looked upon in an unfavorable way" by who exactly? sid, shelby, smokinDVM? I'm sorry but I don't see how that's a bad thing.

It sure seems to me that the cause of all the "trouble" here lately has been banned (sid) and things have been pretty darn nice around here ever since.

Bill, you are entitled to your opinion, same as everyone else.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie View Post
    Bill, you are entitled to your opinion, same as everyone else.
    Thanks for stating the obvious......
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Thread Information