Thread: Chili Peppers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by stjohnroe View Post
    I have 30 - 40 plants on the go in the greenhouse, a lot of different varieties including habaneros (orange, peach, mustard, devils tongue) and jalapenos. I also grow sweet peppers and tomatoes.

I love the things
    Do you sell yours commercially? I couldn't fathom growing that many peppers for personal use.

I will probably end up giving a lot to family and people at work. But I do make hot sauces and pawder, amongst other things. Some of my plants are ornamental as well, such as the Nosegay and Candlelight.

Also my yield / plant may not be as high as yours as I think that our summers are not generally as hot as yours.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Some recent piccies of my greenhouse

I thought it was a tampon joke!

I figured I'd bump my old thread rather than starting a new one. The past 4 weeks have been good to this year's garden.

~4 weeks ago:

This morning:

In those pictures are four tomato plants, two cayenne plants, two jalapeņo plants, and two habanero plants. Not pictured are two massive cherry tomato plants which are in a separate area. The tomatoes are taking their time, but the peppers (cayennes in particular) are already yielding like crazy. I sent out a few "pepper bombs" last summer, and the same offer will apply this summer (while supplies last). Anybody need some tasty but Christlessly spicy peppers? I'd be more than happy to share the wealth.

Interesting. Sounds like an offer too good to pass up. I'll take some.
    btw, your cigars will be out Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by BDurrani View Post
    Interesting. Sounds like an offer too good to pass up. I'll take some.
    btw, your cigars will be out Monday.
    Well, it's taken you three weeks to send out those cigars, so maybe I'll ship you a few peppers in August if I still have any.

Quote Originally Posted by JFellows View Post
    Well, it's taken you three weeks to send out those cigars, so maybe I'll ship you a few peppers in August if I still have any.
    You know I've been busy with summer classes. I'll make it up by sending an extra stick or 2.

Thread Information