Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enough is Enough.

Blog Entries

Default Enough is Enough.

This crap is over. john51277 and CoventryCat86 have both been permanently banned. I'm done with this BS.

Bill, while I do think you may have good intentions deep down your methods of conveying yourself are simply not inline with the vision's I have for the future of Cigarsmokers.com. You have really left me no choice.

To the rest of you, this is now over. I'm going to be changing a few things around here in the next few weeks as far as rules/policies go. I want to avoid going down this path again.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Can someone fill me in on why they were given the boot?

I think this was the straw the broke the camels back....

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showthre...?t=8140&page=4
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

ha ha, did you miss all that hershey? just as well i guess, it got a little ugly.

Hex good job. You will be glad you did what you did. Member moderated boards are great but the boss needs to show his guidance at time of crisis. Post the new rules / regulations you mentioned. Let the them and everything else sink in. And please let us know about your ideas for the future of the board and how we all can help

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    This crap is over. john51277 and CoventryCat86 have both been permanently banned. I'm done with this BS.

Bill, while I do think you may have good intentions deep down your methods of conveying yourself are simply not inline with the vision's I have for the future of Cigarsmokers.com. You have really left me no choice.

To the rest of you, this is now over. I'm going to be changing a few things around here in the next few weeks as far as rules/policies go. I want to avoid going down this path again.
    Now...on to more cigar related topics. Are you going to be at the smoker next Tuesday at Jerry's Cigars? I might be in town that night for work, and if so will be there.

7. Default

Thank you hex...I'll be spending more time here now.
    Last edited by cigarsarge; 05-16-2007 at 04:09 PM.

I spoke to John on CL and he wanted me to pass along that he wants to appologize to everyone here for going off the way he did.

I know that past factum is sort or disregarded but I have seen similar things happen to Barry, Mark, and now John. I have to say myself that it does take a lot of self controll to calmly respond with logical reasoning when Bill starts his badgering.

Not to start anything just Johns apology and my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan View Post
    I spoke to John on CL and he wanted me to pass along that he wants to appologize to everyone here for going off the way he did.

I know that past factum is sort or disregarded but I have seen similar things happen to Barry, Mark, and now John. I have to say myself that it does take a lot of self controll to calmly respond with logical reasoning when Bill starts his badgering.

Not to start anything just Johns apology and my 2 cents.
    I believe Hex said - "Enough is Enough".

John's apology is one thing - the editorial afterwards is something entirely different...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SandPiper View Post
    Now...on to more cigar related topics. Are you going to be at the smoker next Tuesday at Jerry's Cigars? I might be in town that night for work, and if so will be there.
    I'll be sure to make the trip if your going to be around. I work till around 6:00 or so. I'll PM you my number. Be sure to give me a call.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I believe Hex said - "Enough is Enough".

John's apology is one thing - the editorial afterwards is something entirely different...
    George is right.

Hex, you did what you have to do, we trust your judgment.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

12. Default

John can go fuck himself with a piece of broken glass,tell him K7 said that.
    The older I get ,the better I was

K7 rules!

14. Default

K7, you are right about most things, but you are wrong on this one, in my humblest opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    John isn't here to defend himself, why post this?

Actually I don't care why you did it, I like John. I'm sorry you don't, even if you're completely justified. I just thought that whole "enough is enough" thing would've ended this type of stuff, at least for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Now don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.
    "Frankenstien never scared me. Marsupials do, because they’re fast." - Kevin Pollak as Christopher Walken

Quote Originally Posted by HabanoHo View Post
    K7, you are right about most things, but you are wrong on this one, in my humblest opinion.
    Your long tenure on this board certainly leads to significant credibility in what you say!!!

Quote Originally Posted by supergirl View Post
    John isn't here to defend himself, why post this?

Actually I don't care why you did it, I like John. I'm sorry you don't, even if you're completely justified. I just thought that whole "enough is enough" thing would've ended this type of stuff, at least for a few days.

I'm tellin' ya - ya gotta get to know Kevin to understand what he said. He's just sending his best regards and accolades to John!!

I know CL wouldn't allow this "nonsense" over yonder - so your expectations seem reasonable. However, this is a different cigar board. Things are a tad different here.

Tomatoe - tomahto..

...and I only mean that in the most loving and caring way...

Your long tenure on this board certainly leads to significant credibility in what you say!!!
    Well I have a 100% Ebay Feedback Rating so listen to what I have to say ...

I am awesome.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

20. Default

I didn't realize that there is a correlation between tenure and truth.

Besides, what I expressed was an opinion which, by its very nature, is not susceptible of any kind of test for its "credibility."

Despite my short tenure here, I have read enough to form an opinion that hex made the right decision for the betterment of this board. If your opinion differs from mine, so be it.

Thread Information