Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Official Avalon Cigar Pass

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    snip...
    Not sure if I can do a DC, I've never had a DC before going north.
    Yes Tyler, you can. The people at the P/O will tell you that you can't, but my experience has been that's only because once Canada Post receives it, it can't be found any more on the USPS website. The info can be gotten from the Canada Post Website though.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Avalon Pass - DC# 0306 3030 0002 9509 2523

Newfie - turns out I need my own box. I can send it 1st class 5 to 10 day for 5 to 6 bucks in my own box or use their box, send it international priority 6 to 10 day for $16.50. So I'm going to use a box I have at home and mail it tomorrow and save 10 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    snip.... I can send it 1st class 5 to 10 day for 5 to 6 bucks in my own box or use their box, send it international priority 6 to 10 day for $16.50. So I'm going to use a box I have at home and mail it tomorrow and save 10 bucks.
    Right choice Tyler. Package 'em up tightly and I'll almost guarantee it'll be even less than $5-6.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Box arrived today.My P/T

Oliva Series G
    CAO Criollo
    El Major

Honeyboy 5x50
    Honeyboy 4.5x38
    Ebony 7x50

Package will go out tomorrow
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie View Post
    Right choice Tyler. Package 'em up tightly and I'll almost guarantee it'll be even less than $5-6.
    Went out yesterday. The lady at the desk was being a hard ass about the DC saying it wouldn't work, bla, bla, bla, so no DC.

We picked the same smokes so if it doesn't show, let me know and I'll send you mine.

Roham will be taking Jfellows place in the pass. I'll handle his puts / takes the same way as Newfie and nhcigarfan.

Got the pass today. Everything still looks like it's in great condition. I'll try to get it back out today once I decide whether I'm taking two blacks or two honeyboys. Woxof, I'm assuming that this is coming back to you now?

Quote Originally Posted by mills View Post
    Got the pass today. Everything still looks like it's in great condition. I'll try to get it back out today once I decide whether I'm taking two blacks or two honeyboys. Woxof, I'm assuming that this is coming back to you now?
    Yep, that's fine. Send it back to me and I'll exchange Roham's p/t's and then send it back to Tom at Avalon.

All right, I'll post my proposed p/t's:

Takes:
    Ebony Churchill
    2 x Honeyboy figurados

Puts:
    5 Vegas Series A
    Cuba Libre
    Don Kiki Brown

I'll get this out tomorrow, probably with those puts and takes. Let me know if there's any problems.

No problem with those p/t's send 'er home.

Edited my p/t's. I'll get these out tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to trying them out. I'll be a little slow in getting reviews out, as I'm leaving town at the end of the week and won't be back till early July. I'll try to post something soon after that.

PS. Thanks WOXOF for hosting, and thanks Avalon for this unique way to sample some new cigars. I hope they taste as good as they look.

I sent them in the mail yesterday. So you should get them with in a week or two. *crosses fingers* Thanks a lot for allowing me to sub in.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

I got my takes today from Tyler, and thank you VERY MUCH for the extras!!! A couple of those will meet their end on June 30th as Anniversary smokes!!!

Enjoy Bro.

Forgot the PO closes at 4:30, so the box is back on its way to WOXOF today. Man that shipping can get to you!

DC# 03060320000250859306

I got the pass from Mills today. Everything looks great and thanks for the host bag(it wasn't neccesary). I'll make the swaps for Roham when they get here and get these to Tom if I can catch him in one place long enough.

Thanks to everyone who participated.

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    I got the pass from Mills today. Everything looks great and thanks for the host bag(it wasn't neccesary). I'll make the swaps for Roham when they get here and get these to Tom if I can catch him in one place long enough.

Thanks to everyone who participated.
    Thanks so much for your help in pulling this off. After I review what y'all swaped for the Avalons, I'm going to give the puts to my neighbor, Col. Smithson. He is going to get them over to Iraq for the young men serving from his unit in Jackson, MS.

I hope you enjoyed your opportunity to "Smoke the Bl;ues!"

Tom

Tom Ramsey, Principal
    Avalon Cigars
    600 Blues Alley
    Clarksdale, MS 38614

tom@avaloncigars.com
    www.avaloncigars.com

(601)624-7267

That sounds great Tom. I thought you might just have been trying to add to your stash . Now, where were all these cigars when I was over there...?

Quote Originally Posted by avalon_cigars View Post
    Thanks so much for your help in pulling this off. After I review what y'all swaped for the Avalons, I'm going to give the puts to my neighbor, Col. Smithson. He is going to get them over to Iraq for the young men serving from his unit in Jackson, MS.

I hope you enjoyed your opportunity to "Smoke the Bl;ues!"

Tom
    That's very generous of you Tom.

Do you want the tupperware container they are in now. It stilll has some room left if you want to throw in some Avalon stuff. It will keep the cigars protected for that long trip. I'll throw in a few cigars for the troops as well.

I received Roham's puts in over the weekend. There was some damage to the wrapper on the R.P. Vintage '90 from shipping, so I replaced it with a R.P. Vintage '92 churchill. I'll get the pass wrapped up for Tom today. The pass and Roham's takes will go out on Tuesday. Thanks to everyone who participated.

Thread Information